Software Engineering Senior Manager
About this role:
Wells Fargo is seeking a Software Engineering Senior Manager...
In this role, you will:
- Manage, coach, and develop a team or teams of experienced engineers and engineering managers in roles with moderate complexity and risk, responsible for building high quality capabilities with modern technology
- Ensure adherence to the Banking Platform Architecture, and meeting non-functional requirements with each release
- Partner with, engage and influence architects and experienced engineers to incorporate Wells Fargo Technology technical strategies, while understanding next generation domain architecture and enable application migration paths to target architecture; for example cloud readiness, application modernization, data strategy
- Function as the technical representative for the product during cross-team collaborative efforts and planning
- Identify and recommend opportunities for driving escalated resolution of technology roadblocks including code, build and deployment while also managing overall software development cycle and security standards
- Determine appropriate strategy and actions to act as an escalation partner for scrum masters and the teams to meet moderate to high risk deliverables and help remove impediments, obstacles, and friction while encouraging constant learning, experimentation, and continual improvement
- Build engineering skills side-by-side in the codebase, conduct peer reviews to evaluate quality and solution alignment to technical direction, and guide design, as needed
- Interpret, develop and ensure security, stability, and scalability within functions of technology with moderate complexity, as well as identify, manage and mitigate technology and enterprise risk
- Collaborate with, partner with and influence Product Managers/Product Owners to drive user satisfaction, influence technology requirements and priorities in the product roadmap, promote innovative and intelligent solutions, generate corporate value and articulate technical strategy while being a solid advocate of agile and DevOps practices
- Interact directly with third party vendors and technology service providers
- Manage allocation of people and financial resources to ensure commitments are met and align with strategic objectives in technology engineering
- Hire, build and guide a culture of talent development to have the skills required to effectively design and deliver innovative solutions for product areas and products to meet business objectives and strategy, as well as conduct performance management for engineers and managers
Required Qualifications, US:
- Experience in Software Engineering, or equivalent demonstrated through one or a combination of the following: work experience, training, military experience, education
- Management experience
- Must have 16+ years of experience, of which at least 5 years in Servicing or acquisition for Credit Cards / Personal Loan / Merchant service Technology roles and demonstrable ability for delivering transformation programs
- Clear demonstration of ability to manage a 20+ technology team across multiple sites of an organization (preferably in GIC environment)
- Experience in Java, J2EE
- Experience in RDMS DB Oracle / SQL Server & NoSQL DB like Mongo DB.
- Good exposure to managing application with Angular or React
- Good understanding of
- CI/CD Automation and its toolset
- Micro Services
- Cloud (PCF or AWS)
- Demonstrable success in creating effective technology teams in global business environments. Experience in a global in-house center would be desirable.
- Must have solid understanding of current and future trends and practices in Technology.
- Must be able to demonstrate true results in influencing business outcomes and must be an innovative leader.
- A seasoned, relationship-driven leader who will have the style and sensitivity to work within a highly complex business environment. Multi-cultural sensitivity a must.
- Must have demonstrated ability to conceptualize and execute a business case, gain sponsorship and stakeholder support.
- Passion in promoting One Technology Culture and global / local balanced alignment
- Clear demonstration of Leading People through hands-on technology, functional knowledge & delivery
- Preferred Skills (but not mandatory)
- Good knowledge of Cloud based hosting solutions and Regulations in building technological solutions.
- Good demonstrated knowledge of Enterprise Services both as consumer and producer
- Working knowledge of BIAN and its implementation
- Working knowledge of Big Data and high volume messaging technologies
- Proven record in a successful global delivery environment, across multiple countries and cultures
- Engineer solution, build capable teams, lead all facets of development and implementation of business priorities and continuously manage and optimize those strategies as needed.
- Build agile squads, own and execute major initiatives that provide dramatic benefits to our customer base, e.g. speed to market.
- Manage stakeholder expectation and ensure no escalation or delivery slippage.
- Exhibit hands on expertise in Java and related technologies; participate in design, develop POC and lead the team in engineering best practices.
- Assess current staff capabilities, identify talent gaps, and execute talent management actions aligned with org/team strategy effectively leveraging globally interchangeable talent pool.
- Serve as a role model, demonstrating engineering expertise, delivery excellence, commitment to diversity & inclusion and Wells Fargo’s culture and core values.
- Collaborate internally across the organization with senior management, product, creative/design, as well as externally with leading vendors that are driving the next generation of client engagement and experiences.
- Develop and implement a strategic operating plan that delivers improvements in current customer journeys, new features and compelling and distinct services in customer footprint.
- Recommend innovations, aligned with short term & long-term business / customer requirements, enterprise priorities and industry trends.
- Proactively manage risk including deliverables, operational issues through implementation of right controls and escalate where required
We Value Diversity
At Wells Fargo, we believe in diversity, equity and inclusion in the workplace; accordingly, we welcome applications for employment from all qualified candidates, regardless of race, color, gender, national origin, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, individuals with disabilities, pregnancy, marital status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.
Employees support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company. They are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following and adhering to applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit’s risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in US: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in Canada: Applications for employment are encouraged from all qualified candidates, including women, persons with disabilities, aboriginal peoples and visible minorities. Accommodation for applicants with disabilities is available upon request in connection with the recruitment process.
Drug and Alcohol Policy
Wells Fargo maintains a drug free workplace. Please see our Drug and Alcohol Policy to learn more.