Senior Commercial Banking Syndication Consultant
About This Role:
Wells Fargo is seeking a Senior Lead Commercial Banking Syndication Consultant to join our team in Hong Kong.
In this role, you will:
- Report into the global head of syndication for Channel Finance & Global Receivables and Trade ("GRT")
- Contribute to Channel Finance and GRT business growth and profitability by providing sell down support when needed
- Make recommendations in terms of sell down strategies (including structuring, pricing, target investors, timing) for Receivables and Payables facilities booked in APAC, and contribute to global sell down for transactions outside APAC
- Lead the execution of sell down strategy for Receivables and Payables facilities in APAC, and for APAC based investors into global deals
- Negotiate terms of participation agreements & amendments with investors, coordinate the closing of participations and amendments
- Manage and grow the relationship with key APAC based investors in the context of Receivables and Payables participations, including by connecting them into global participation opportunities
- Manage the portfolio of participations in APAC and, outside APAC with APAC based investors: amendments, consents, assist investors through their annual reviews, replacements, transaction restructuring
- Collaborate and consult with peers, colleagues and senior leaders across functions, global teams, FIG, commercial banking syndication team, to resolve issues and achieve goals – including making ad hoc presentations about APAC market trends in syndicated debt markets & trade finance
- Maintain a good market intelligence of APAC syndicated market, and trade finance practices, including through the attendance of GTR and APLMA events
- Provide vision, direction and expertise to implement innovative and significant business solutions
- Experience in Commercial Banking Syndication, or equivalent demonstrated through one or a combination of the following: work experience, training, military experience, education
- Good command of risk analysis and mitigants for corporate finance
- Good command of financial accounting and analysis
- Capacity to communicate clearly to internal and external stakeholders, in English and Chinese (Mandarin), in a multi-cultural environment
- 10+ years of experience in Commercial Banking Syndication
- Act as a critical member of Syndication Team for GRT and Channel Finance, contributing to growth of these business lines by delivering sell down solutions for transactions booked in Asia, expanding the involvement of APAC based participants into transactions outside APAC, and contributing to the stability in the “pool” of participating investors into GRT and Channel Finance transactions
We Value Diversity
At Wells Fargo, we believe in diversity, equity and inclusion in the workplace; accordingly, we welcome applications for employment from all qualified candidates, regardless of race, color, gender, national origin, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, individuals with disabilities, pregnancy, marital status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.
Employees support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company. They are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following and adhering to applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit’s risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in US: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in Canada: Applications for employment are encouraged from all qualified candidates, including women, persons with disabilities, aboriginal peoples and visible minorities. Accommodation for applicants with disabilities is available upon request in connection with the recruitment process.
Drug and Alcohol Policy
Wells Fargo maintains a drug free workplace. Please see our Drug and Alcohol Policy to learn more.