Japan Sales Support Specialist
About the Role:
We are looking for a high-caliber candidate to join the Wells Fargo Securities Japan team for an analyst level role in the APAC CIB Markets Operations department based in Tokyo supporting the Wells Fargo Corporate and Investment Banking (CIB) business in Tokyo. The business offers a suite of Fixed Income products of Credit, Rates, and Cross Asset solutions to corporate, government and institutional clients. The individual will be supporting Sales activities for the business, performing daily controls and reporting KPIs to senior stakeholders.
Products including, but not limited to US Treasuries, Cash Bonds, Mortgage-Backed Securities, Futures, Interest Rates Swaps, Credit Default Swaps and other OTC derivatives products.
Learn more about the career areas and lines of business at wellsfargojobs.com.
In this role, you will:
- Provide operational support for Fixed Income sales desks in Tokyo covering products including but not limited to Cash Bonds, US Treasuries, Mortgage-Backed Securities, Futures and OTC derivatives products
- Perform daily control functions such as trade checkout (trade allocation, CTM affirmation, confirmation and SSI management), failed trade management and risk management
- Manage and build relationships with external clients, including email and phone query management, and act as the single point of contact for clients
- Act as a facilitator for onboarding new clients and KYC remediation. Liaise with internal KYC and AML teams to ensure client accounts are properly onboarded and managed per internal and regulatory standards
- Liaise with other support and control divisions such as Trading Middle Office and Settlement on resolution of day-to-day issues
- Liaise and maintain relationships with global partners such as IT, COO, Ops Risk and Project Management
- Assisting with regulatory reporting and client data integrity
- Take initiative to improve operational efficiency and ensure processes are performed in a robust and controlled environment
- Participate in UAT and new product initiatives
- Compile and submit MIS reports to senior stakeholders
- 6+ months of Capital Markets industry experience, or equivalent demonstrated through one or a combination of the following: work experience, training, military experience, education
- Bachelor degree in preferably Finance or relevant disciplines with minimum 1-2 years of relevant experiences in a fixed income sales support or back/middle office role
- Relevant experience in Credit and Rates related products is an advantage
- Relevant client onboarding and KYC experience is an advantage
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with strong analytical/problem solving skills
- Excellent communications skill in Japanese/English is required.
- Detail orientated with strong sense of control
- Experience with CTM is an advantage
- JSDA Sales Representative Series 1 licensed
We Value Diversity
At Wells Fargo, we believe in diversity, equity and inclusion in the workplace; accordingly, we welcome applications for employment from all qualified candidates, regardless of race, color, gender, national origin, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, individuals with disabilities, pregnancy, marital status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.
Employees support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company. They are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following and adhering to applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit’s risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in US: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in Canada: Applications for employment are encouraged from all qualified candidates, including women, persons with disabilities, aboriginal peoples and visible minorities. Accommodation for applicants with disabilities is available upon request in connection with the recruitment process.
Drug and Alcohol Policy
Wells Fargo maintains a drug free workplace. Please see our Drug and Alcohol Policy to learn more.