About this role:
Wells Fargo is seeking an Event Billing and Reconciliation Processor. This position will be an integral part of the event reconciliation team supporting the Wells Fargo Meeting and Events (WFME) operations. This person will partner with meeting contacts and planners, providing support on reconciling meeting and event spend as part of the lifecycle of a meeting or event.
Event Billing and Reconciliation Processor
- As the subject matter expert, facilitates comprehensive billing and reconciliation tasks for moderate to complex events ensuring stages in the system are adjusted appropriately during the end-to-end billing and reconciliation lifecycle to ensure data integrity
- Reconciles event expenses with accuracy based on contracts, invoices, receipts provided by the Meeting Planner or Business Partner
- Performs Quality Assurance (QA) reviews on work-related tasks
- Tracks projects in the pipeline to ensure SLAs are met on closing out the event reconciliation lifecycle
- Creates and maintains process documents when new guidance or updates are provided to align with enterprise policy and/or initiatives.
- Collects and maintains applicable files to the appropriate folders with applicable retention policy requirements
- Collaborates across business functions to identify and mitigate risks associated with the tasks, maintain adherence to operational processes, report on inconsistencies and validate documents
- Executes triage for meetings registered in the event management tool, determines the assignment path in a timely/accurate manner adhering to business SLAs based on specific criteria for one or more channels, evaluating the request and identifying risk factors
- Additional tasks may include peer-to peer review, routing events for approval and data entry activities
- Uses multiple online systems and applications. Duties may include receiving and reviewing incoming work, contacting appropriate resources as needed; verifying accuracy; resolving moderate to highly complex customer issues using multiple resources and records; preparing, editing, distributing, and/or correcting specialized and/or complex documents and/or attendee management for event registration sites.
- Handles escalations from junior members of the team
- Communicates effectively and efficiently with internal business partners to resolve issues or gather pending invoices and/or information
- At least 2-3 years’ experience on billing and reconciliation in the hospitality and/or meetings and events industry
- At least 2 years’ experience in event management platforms: Cvent, Lanyon and/or Aventri (formerly e-touches)
- At least 3 years’ experience in Finance or Accounting
- Possess full understanding of Concur and/or meeting expense categories
- Intermediate to advanced proficiency in Microsoft Excel using features such as formulas, functions, pivot tables/reporting and macros
- Intermediate proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- Excellent time management skills with the ability to manage multiple deadlines
- Self-starter, detail oriented, and problem solver
- Outstanding communication skills
We Value Diversity
At Wells Fargo, we believe in diversity, equity and inclusion in the workplace; accordingly, we welcome applications for employment from all qualified candidates, regardless of race, color, gender, national origin, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, individuals with disabilities, pregnancy, marital status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.
Employees support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company. They are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following and adhering to applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit’s risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in US: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in Canada: Applications for employment are encouraged from all qualified candidates, including women, persons with disabilities, aboriginal peoples and visible minorities. Accommodation for applicants with disabilities is available upon request in connection with the recruitment process.
Drug and Alcohol Policy
Wells Fargo maintains a drug free workplace. Please see our Drug and Alcohol Policy to learn more.