Senior Information Security Engineer
About this role:
This position in in the office three days a week, located in the cities on the job ad. This is not a remote position.
Wells Fargo is seeking a Senior Information Security Engineer with experience in identification, development, and prioritization of security events and automated content. You'll have experience in the development lifecycle, identification of logged events to support security use case development and be able to research and use critical thinking to understand over the horizon detection capabilities through automated alerting.
We need someone that has a well-rounded understanding of Windows and Linux servers, network, endpoint and cloud detections among other, broad range technologies. You'll have a knack at researching and documenting findings and enjoy the hunt of finding root cause analysis.
Ideal profile of candidate may come out of security operations center or command center that has strong technical skills and a good overall understanding of security practices and policies.
For this role, we have no VISA sponsorship or transfers.
In this role, you will:
- Create and build content based on identified security use cases
- Effectively communicate observations and development deliverables to a wide audience
- Provide security consulting on medium projects for internal clients to ensure conformity with corporate information, security policy, and standards
- Design, document, test, maintain, and provide issue resolution recommendations for moderately complex security solutions related to networking, cryptography, cloud, authentication and directory services, email, internet, applications, and endpoint security
- Review and correlate security logs
- Utilize subject matter knowledge in industry leading security solutions and best practices to implement one or more components of information security such as availability, integrity, confidentiality, risk management, threat identification, modeling, monitoring, incident response, access management, and business continuity
- Identify security vulnerabilities and issues, perform risk assessments, and evaluate remediation alternatives
- Collaborate and consult with peers, colleagues and managers to resolve issues and achieve goals
- 4+ years of Information Security Engineering experience, or equivalent demonstrated through one or a combination of the following: work experience, training, military experience, education
- 1+ years of Regular Expression (regex) experience
- 2+ years of SIEM development experience
- Experience working in a security operations center
- Advanced Information Security technical skills and understanding of information security practices and policies
- Understanding of Agile practices
- Experience working on a Scrum team
- Ability to manage complex issues and develop solutions
- Ability to execute in a fast paced, high demand, environment while balancing multiple priorities
- Knowledge and understanding of data security controls including malware protection, firewalls, intrusion detection systems, content filtering, Internet proxies, encryption controls, and log management solutions
- Experience analyzing large data sets
- Experience with host and/or network log analysis as applied to incident response / threat hunting
- Knowledge of offensive security, with the ability to think like an adversary when hunting and responding to incidents
- Strong investigative mindset with an attention to detail
We Value Diversity
At Wells Fargo, we believe in diversity, equity and inclusion in the workplace; accordingly, we welcome applications for employment from all qualified candidates, regardless of race, color, gender, national origin, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, individuals with disabilities, pregnancy, marital status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.
Employees support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company. They are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following and adhering to applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit’s risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in US: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in Canada: Applications for employment are encouraged from all qualified candidates, including women, persons with disabilities, aboriginal peoples and visible minorities. Accommodation for applicants with disabilities is available upon request in connection with the recruitment process.
Drug and Alcohol Policy
Wells Fargo maintains a drug free workplace. Please see our Drug and Alcohol Policy to learn more.