Sr. Financial Accountant
The Accounting Business Unit Support (ABUS) group in the Controller’s Division is seeking a highly motivated Senior Financial Accountant with strong accounting and analytical experience to join our high performing team. This individual will perform work supporting accounting functions and SEC and regulatory reporting requirements, as well as all related internal control activities.
In this role, you will:
- Act as lead Consultant for financial accounting related matters for lines of business and other control functions
- Provide technical expertise regarding accounting issues, regulatory information and research
- Provide technical assistance on major transactions and product development
- Provide data for preparing and reviewing financial and regulatory reports
- Communicate practices and procedures for proper financial control
- Articulate the impact of policy changes to management within business group or enterprise
- Perform ongoing financial control functions in accordance with the company's internal controls policies
- Apply extensive specialized knowledge and act as internal consultant
- Lead implementation of complex projects and initiatives impacting one or more lines of business
- Identify compliance and risk management requirements for supported area and may support implementation of key risk initiatives
- Communicate and provide consultation regularly with more experienced stakeholders throughout the enterprise
4+ years of Finance, Accounting, Analytics, Financial Reporting, Accounting Reporting or Risk Reporting experience, or equivalent demonstrated through one or a combination of the following: work experience, training, military experience, education
- A BS/BA degree or higher in one or a combination of the following: Finance, Accounting, Analytics
- Ability to manage effectively in a matrixed organization
- Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA) or Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
- Strong accounting skills
- Experience working with Alteryx or other process automation tools
- Ability to identify and present processes/operational enhancements
- Ability to articulate issues, risks, and proposed solutions to various levels of staff and management
- Strong analytical skills with high attention to detail and accuracy
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- A solid understanding of the accounting, reporting, and internal control issues facing large, diversified US financial services institutions
- “Participation in an industry group or organization that aligns with Wells Fargo’s support of Diversity, Equity & Inclusion.”
Position available in locations listed only
VISA sponsorship not available for this ro
We Value Diversity
At Wells Fargo, we believe in diversity, equity and inclusion in the workplace; accordingly, we welcome applications for employment from all qualified candidates, regardless of race, color, gender, national origin, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, individuals with disabilities, pregnancy, marital status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.
Employees support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company. They are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following and adhering to applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit’s risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in US: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in Canada: Applications for employment are encouraged from all qualified candidates, including women, persons with disabilities, aboriginal peoples and visible minorities. Accommodation for applicants with disabilities is available upon request in connection with the recruitment process.
Drug and Alcohol Policy
Wells Fargo maintains a drug free workplace. Please see our Drug and Alcohol Policy to learn more.