Relationship Banker - Willow Creek & Sandretto , Prescott AZ
Why Wells Fargo:
Are you ready for the next step in your career? This is where it begins – at a company known for our “Well Life” approach to supporting employees’ career aspirations, work-life balance, and mental and physical health. We ranked #2 on the 2023 LinkedIn Top Companies list – and #1 among financial services companies – as the best workplace “to grow your career” in the U.S. We’re especially proud of our tangible, meaningful commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion in the workplace. When it comes to employees’ financial health, we offer competitive salaries and generous benefits package. Apply today.
About this role:
Wells Fargo is seeking a Relationship Banker (SAFE) in Consumer and Small Business Banking, as part of Branch Banking.
Learn more about the career areas and business divisions at wellsfargojobs.com. Upon required licensing and SAFE registration, the Relationship Banker LP (SAFE) employee will transition to the Relationship Banker (SAFE) role.
The following job profile is intended to provide a general sense of what Relationship Bankers do; however, the day-to-day duties and responsibilities will differ from branch to branch and even banker to banker depending on several variables, including (but not limited to) years of experience, complement of customers serviced, banking services and options of various customers, and customer needs.
In this role you will:
- Employees who are not fully licensed at the time of hire will participate in the Branch Banking Licensed Banker licensing program as a Relationship Banker LP (SAFE). This is a temporary position until employee has successfully completed licensing requirements. Upon successful completion, employees will transition to the Relationship Banker (SAFE) role and perform the following duties:
- Participate in building relationships with customers and spend time understanding required needs
- Identify opportunities for offering a full range of Wells Fargo retail banking deposit and credit products and services, based on customers' needs
- Analyze tactical business challenges related to full-service banking experience to emerging affluent and high-value customers
- Present recommendations for resolving inquiries and service requests regarding customers' accounts
- Open and service accounts within authorized limits, create plans for follow-up and scheduled contacts with customers
- Provide information to internal partners and external sources to further enhance the customer experience
- Identify opportunities to leverage partners and connect customer with the appropriate partner or relationship manager to meet their needs
- Partner with financial advisors to understand appropriate introductions to address the needs of customers with investment or retirement needs
- Provide self-service digital banking options to customers
- This SAFE position has customer contact and job duties which may include the offering/negotiating of terms and/or taking an application for a dwelling secured transaction. As such, this position requires compliance with the SAFE Mortgage Licensing Act of 2008 and all related regulations. Ongoing employment is contingent upon meeting all such requirements, including acceptable background investigation results. Individuals in a SAFE position also must meet the Loan Originator requirements under Regulation Z (LO) outlined in the job expectations below
- 2+ years of customer service experience, or equivalent demonstrated through one or a combination of the following: work experience, training, military experience, education
- 1+ year of assessing and meeting the needs of customers or helping with issue resolution, demonstrated through work or military experience
- 1+ year of building and maintaining effective relationships with customers and partners
- Successfully completed Financial Industry Regulatory Authority (FINRA) Series 6 and Series 63 examinations (or FINRA recognized equivalents) sufficient to qualify for immediate FINRA registration
- State Insurance license(s)
- Customer service focus with experience handling transactions across multiple systems
- Proficient with proactively sourcing, acquiring, building, and maintaining relationships with customers and colleagues
- Strong verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Knowledge and understanding of book of business processes to actively manage a group of Wells Fargo customers to meet their needs and grow the business Ability to be proactive, innovative, and creative in meeting customer and enterprise needs
- Ability to make client calls and actively participate in the sales development process
- Knowledge and understanding of retail compliance controls, risk management, and loss prevention
- Ability to follow policies, procedures, and regulations
- High motivation with ability to successfully meet team objectives while maintaining individual performance
- Experience mentoring and peer- coaching
- Experience assessing customer needs and recommending products/services to fulfill those needs
- Experience using business acumen to provide financial services consultation to small business customers
- Knowledge and understanding of financial services consumer lending products
- Ability to educate and connect customer to technology and share the value of mobile banking options
- Ability to interact with integrity and professionalism with customers and employees
- Ability to work holidays and weekends
- Adherence to Wells Fargo sales practices risk management culture
- Current registration for FINRA Series 6 and Series 63 (or FINRA recognized equivalents) is required for this role or must be completed within a specified period. For specific FINRA qualification exams obtained after 9/30/2018, the Securities Industry Essentials (SIE) exam co-requisite will be required
- For the following states where hired, FINRA Series 65 (or equivalent) examination will also be required to be attempted within a specified period of time: AK, AL, CT, DE, HI, IA, ID, IN, KS, MD, MI, MN, MS, MT, NC, ND, NE, NM, OR, SC, SD, TN, TX, UT, VA, WA, WI, and WY. The State of WY permits referral-only licensed bankers to receive the IAR registration without completing the Series 65/66 exam requirement. This list of states is subject to change and Series 65 (or equivalent) licensing requirement would be based on current state requirements during employment
- State Insurance license(s) are required for this role and must be completed within a specified period
- Licensing requirements and expected completion timeline (determined by the number of licenses needed) will be communicated to the candidate upon offer acceptance
- Obtaining and/or maintaining appropriate Financial Industry Regulatory Authority (FINRA) license(s) is required for ongoing employment in this position. Additional requirements include meeting enhanced financial fitness and criminal background standards. Wells Fargo will initiate the FINRA review process at the time of offer acceptance
- This position requires SAFE registration at the time of employment. Wells Fargo will initiate the SAFE registration process immediately after your employment start date. The Nationwide Mortgage Licensing System (NMLS) web site (http://fedregistry.nationwidelicensingsystem.org) provides the MU4R questions and registration required for employment in this position
- Individuals in Loan Originator (LO) positions must meet the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau qualification requirements and comply with related Wells Fargo policies. The LO qualification requirements include meeting applicable financial responsibility, character, general financial fitness, and criminal background standards
- A current credit report will be used to assess your financial responsibility and credit fitness; however, a credit score is not included as part of the evaluation. Successful candidates must also meet ongoing regulatory requirements including additional screening, if necessary
- This position is not eligible for Visa sponsorship
We Value Diversity
At Wells Fargo, we believe in diversity, equity and inclusion in the workplace; accordingly, we welcome applications for employment from all qualified candidates, regardless of race, color, gender, national origin, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, individuals with disabilities, pregnancy, marital status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.
Employees support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company. They are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following and adhering to applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit’s risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in US: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in Canada: Applications for employment are encouraged from all qualified candidates, including women, persons with disabilities, aboriginal peoples and visible minorities. Accommodation for applicants with disabilities is available upon request in connection with the recruitment process.
Drug and Alcohol Policy
Wells Fargo maintains a drug free workplace. Please see our Drug and Alcohol Policy to learn more.