Model Governance Specialist
About the Role
This role will perform a model governance function within MCRA with responsibility for all models owned by MCRM. MCRM owns primarily models developed by MCRA, but also covers some qualitative models developed by MCRM business leads. Specific responsibilities include developing and managing model governance reporting function and management of specific model governance functions related to model identification and the maintenance of model inventory. The role will also have critical responsibility for executing and evidencing performance of controls in alignment with companywide control standards. The specialist will work closely with senior specialists from the MCRM model governance team, the MDD QA team, and model developers, model users and managers within MCRA.
Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Collaborate to ongoing development and design of model governance reporting, including reports for model managers, model owners, and senior managers
- Work with senior stakeholders and developers to execute and evidence controls related to model risk governance
- Support auditability of the MCRM model governance team to ensure the evidence across GitHub, RCSA SharePoint and JIRA is consistent and complete
Essential qualifications/ Market skill set
- 3+ years of quantitative analytics programming experience, or equivalent demonstrated through one or a combination of the following: work experience, training, education
- Master’s degree or higher in a quantitative field such as mathematics, statistics, engineering, physics, economics or computer science
- Programming skills using Python/SQL/Excel/Java/R
- SQL and Database Querying including writing and optimizing SQL queries, understanding joins, indexes, normalization, data modeling
- Ability to write scripts and automate repetitive tasks
Preferred Skills & Abilities
- Education/experience in quantitative areas
- Strong analytical skills with high attention to detail and accuracy
- Experience in quantitative computing system and database development is preferred
- Knowledge in financial products and market and/or counterparty risk
We Value Diversity
At Wells Fargo, we believe in diversity, equity and inclusion in the workplace; accordingly, we welcome applications for employment from all qualified candidates, regardless of race, color, gender, national origin, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, individuals with disabilities, pregnancy, marital status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.
Employees support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company. They are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following and adhering to applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit’s risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in US: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in Canada: Applications for employment are encouraged from all qualified candidates, including women, persons with disabilities, aboriginal peoples and visible minorities. Accommodation for applicants with disabilities is available upon request in connection with the recruitment process.
Drug and Alcohol Policy
Wells Fargo maintains a drug free workplace. Please see our Drug and Alcohol Policy to learn more.