Operational Accounting Assistant
About this role:
Wells Fargo is seeking an Operational Accounting Assistant...
In this role, you will:
- Perform a variety of activities related to reconciling and balancing accounts
- Research and resolve moderately complex accounting issues and exceptions
- Resolve disputes for customers, clients and vendors, related to balancing situations
- Collaborate and consult with peers, colleagues and managers to resolve issues and achieve goals
Required Qualifications, International:
- Experience in Operational Accounting, or equivalent demonstrated through one or a combination of the following: work experience, training, military experience, education
- Knowledge and experience in Commercial Mortgage Servicing including Investor Reporting to Trust, Remittance and Reconciliation of funds.
- Ability to interpret and understand the Loan documents, Loan Servicing Agreements and language pertaining to the requirements for Sub Servicing Agreements and Pooling & Servicing Agreements.
- Knowledge of Strategy Loan accounting system a major plus.
- Good knowledge of Sub Servicing reporting, reserve reporting, delinquency reporting, Collections account statement reporting and Watch list reporting.
- Experience in calculating Appraisal Reduction Amounts, ASERs.
- Ability to review loan agreements, manage inventory and continuously coordinate with special servicers.
- Experience in handling Realized Losses.
- Excellent comprehension and communication skills coupled with the ability to interact with LoB during calls and gain their confidence.
- Experience in handling escalations from the borrowers/stakeholders
- Ability to multi-task working on multiple sub-queues / activities within the process
- Handle complex queries and liaise with the Asset Management team/LOB for final disbursement of funds.
- Communicate with Trust, third party servicers and other CMS teams to establish and record Authentication forms and certificate of authority
- Identify risk exposure in the process and able to come up with controls to ensure mitigation of risk.
- Exhibits detail-oriented skills to ensure zero/near ops loss situations.
- Demonstrates/maintains professional conduct under all circumstances.
- Support in process expansion
- Work on cross-functional support and process efficiencies.
- Flexibility to work in shifts and ensure timely completion of deliverables.
- High sense of accountability
We Value Diversity
At Wells Fargo, we believe in diversity, equity and inclusion in the workplace; accordingly, we welcome applications for employment from all qualified candidates, regardless of race, color, gender, national origin, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, individuals with disabilities, pregnancy, marital status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.
Employees support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company. They are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following and adhering to applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit’s risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in US: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in Canada: Applications for employment are encouraged from all qualified candidates, including women, persons with disabilities, aboriginal peoples and visible minorities. Accommodation for applicants with disabilities is available upon request in connection with the recruitment process.
Drug and Alcohol Policy
Wells Fargo maintains a drug free workplace. Please see our Drug and Alcohol Policy to learn more.