Senior Administrative Assistant - Legal Employment Division
About this role:
Wells Fargo is seeking a Senior Administrative Assistant role to provide administrative support to the Legal Department’s more senior level team members including attorneys, paralegals, and/or managers as determined and assigned by the Business Execution Manager. Job duties consist of handling complex to highly complex assignments as well as the routine day-to-day administrative tasks. For additional information on this line of business, refer to the external Careers Site at Wellsfargo.com/careers. #LegalDeptJobs
In this role you will:
- Calendaring – Calendar management/resolution of conflicts. Scheduling meetings, including video and audio conference calls.
- Communication – Interact and act as a liaison with business clients, business partners, outside counsel, internal and external office staff, expert witnesses, and vendors.
- Continuing Legal Education – Enroll Legal employees in specifically requested courses, arrange travel, process associated expenses, and file/send completion records.
- Document Preparation – Draft, edit, track changes/redline, and/or proofread communications and documents, create and update organizational charts, compare document versions, print/copy/scan, and utilize eDocs as the document management system of record to create/maintain business value documents.
- Excel – Create, edit, and update spreadsheets utilizing provided data, format spreadsheets, and organize data.
- Expenses – Process expense reports according to Wells Fargo policy, route/process invoices, and process check requests.
- Legal Hold/IRP Notice – Approved Assistants (primarily those providing Litigation support) may create and update data in Atlas and release IRPs.
- Legal Matter Management – Open, close, and update matters. Pull reports, assist with Outside Counsel engagement confirmation notifications, and assist with research of outside counsel invoices.
- Intake/Routing – Manage intake and routing of special processes or requests including those received via shared email boxes or SharePoint sites.
- Mail – Distribute incoming and outgoing mail, faxes, express mail and send outgoing mail.
- Maintain and update SharePoint sites.
- Manager Proxy – Act as proxy for managers on corporate systems where proxies are allowed.
- Meeting Logistics – Prepare meeting agendas, materials, presentations. Coordinate reservations for meeting space, equipment needs, and catering.
- Office Supplies – Place orders for supplies, business cards, and maintain supply rooms.
- Presentation Materials – Create, edit, and update brand standard PowerPoint presentations and create visual presentations such as charts and graphs.
- Records Management – Maintain accurate and organized physical and electronic files in accordance with the Records and Information Management Policy and Legal Department Records Management Procedure.
- Research – May assist with legal research on the Internet or Westlaw with attorney or paralegal guidance.
- Travel – Make travel arrangements, adjustments as needed, create itineraries, and coordinate ground transportation.
- Visitor Logistics – Register guests with security, arrange for visitor/temporary badge access, reserve workspace, and act as primary point of contact for visitors including greeting and escorting them throughout the facility.
- 4+ years of Administrative Support experience, or equivalent demonstrated through one or a combination of the following: work experience, training, military experience, education
- Experience supporting Legal, Human Resources or Employment professionals
- Ability to follow policies, procedures, and regulations
- Ability handle confidential material in a professional manner
- Ability to read and interpret legal documents
- Advanced Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint) skills
- Highly proficient in drafting and proof-reading written documents utilizing proper grammar, punctuation, and spelling
- Strong attention to detail, including accuracy in grammar and a sharp focus on eliminating error.
- High level of motivation, demonstrated ability to be proactive and adaptable to change; leads self and others through change
- Ability to prioritize work, meet deadlines, achieve goals, and work under pressure in a dynamic and complex environment
- Ability to manage changing travel itineraries, accurately manage expense reimbursement, manage a busy calendar and appointments flawlessly
- Ability to provide strong customer service while actively listening and responding in an appropriate manner
- Ability to work effectively, as well as independently, in a team environment
- Demonstrated leadership in identifying and implementing process efficiencies and sharing best practices with others in order to improve the overall effectiveness of the team
- Excellent technical skills
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Position will require onsite presence
- Relocation assistance is not available for this position
- This position is not eligible for Visa sponsorship
We Value Diversity
At Wells Fargo, we believe in diversity, equity and inclusion in the workplace; accordingly, we welcome applications for employment from all qualified candidates, regardless of race, color, gender, national origin, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, individuals with disabilities, pregnancy, marital status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.
Employees support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company. They are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following and adhering to applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit’s risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in US: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in Canada: Applications for employment are encouraged from all qualified candidates, including women, persons with disabilities, aboriginal peoples and visible minorities. Accommodation for applicants with disabilities is available upon request in connection with the recruitment process.
Drug and Alcohol Policy
Wells Fargo maintains a drug free workplace. Please see our Drug and Alcohol Policy to learn more.