Senior Control Management Specialist
- Individual contributor role focusing on performing evidence based control evaluations by conducting various evidence gathering activities.
- Design, maintain and execute the control evaluation scripts, identify control deficiencies, document and escalate potential issues to appropriate stakeholders.
- Validate & track action plans, escalate issues as required and document the control test artifacts and findings.
- Perform control evaluations for moderate to complex engagements, challenge status-quo and identify opportunities to add efficiencies or refining the existing processes.
- Engage and work with multiple stakeholders - front line business groups, risk program aligned functions and IRM teams for driving the objectives of risk and control programs.
- Instill and drive proactive risk culture, operational excellence and efficiencies.
Essential Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor's degree or higher. Relevant certifications will be an advantage
- Overall experience of 8+ years with 5 years of relevant experience in Financial Services industry and / or risk & control domains covering operational risk, controls testing / evaluation, compliance, internal audit, risk management etc.
- Experience in automation / advanced excel / reporting will be an advantage.
- General knowledge of industry standards and best practices around control evaluations / testing, internal audit and risk management processes.
- Experience creating test questions or test scripts
- Experience assessing control design and performance through testing, audit or Risk Control Self-Assessment practices
- Experience assessing processes, procedures and identifying controls
Experience in assessing risk, reviewing risk ratings, identifying control gaps and determining the appropriate evaluation methodology
- Comprehensive understanding of operational risk management in the financial services or other highly regulated industries
- Strong analytical skills with high attention to detail and accuracy.
- Excellent verbal, written, interpersonal communication skills and stakeholder management.
- Demonstrate positive attitude and readiness to work in a challenging and dynamic environment.
- Flexibility to multi task and work across domains and business groups.
- Ability to credibly challenge, conduct tough conversations and effectively communicate with various levels of management
- Ability to synthesize data from a variety of sources and deliver results quickly
We Value Diversity
At Wells Fargo, we believe in diversity, equity and inclusion in the workplace; accordingly, we welcome applications for employment from all qualified candidates, regardless of race, color, gender, national origin, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, individuals with disabilities, pregnancy, marital status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.
Employees support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company. They are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following and adhering to applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit’s risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in US: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in Canada: Applications for employment are encouraged from all qualified candidates, including women, persons with disabilities, aboriginal peoples and visible minorities. Accommodation for applicants with disabilities is available upon request in connection with the recruitment process.
Drug and Alcohol Policy
Wells Fargo maintains a drug free workplace. Please see our Drug and Alcohol Policy to learn more.