Lead Independent Testing Officer
About Lead Independent Testing Officer (Analytics and Data Testing) role
This role is in the Analytics, Reporting, and Data Testing Team within Independent Testing & Validation (IT&V). This team operates as a second line of defense to key Customer Remediation processes and major requirements. The team is an integral part of the Company’s control environment and provides credible challenge to relevant participants in validating Data and code involved and has enterprise-wide exposure to lines of business, internal audit and risk reporting stakeholders. This position will report to the Independent Test Manager.
Responsibilities of the role includes, but are not limited to:
- Successfully lead and manage multiple Customer Remediation Validations (Validations) from a Data management and Code perspective pertaining to wide array of Business verticals
- Review and perform detailed code reviews, identifying anomalies and other potential data quality concerns
- Prepare impeccable documentation concerning validation activities including data acquisition procedures and results of detailed code reviews
- Excellent communication skills in order to lead Kickoff , Walkthrough, Status checkpoint and issue resolution calls for Validations as well assisting junior staff with their communications touchpoints
- Conduct thorough Quality Check reviews for Customer Remediation Validation documentation workbooks completed by other team members
- Contribute in developing and maintaining processes , procedures, templates for utilization across global team
- Utilize advanced data analytics skills and specialized knowledge to independently research issues relating to data integrity driving to root cause
- Building relationships and collaborating with key stakeholders in the applicable line of business and IT&V functions.
- Compile and validate multiple status , validations reports for management
- Proactive in driving initiatives across IT&V organization
Desired Technology Skillset:
- Preferred to have testing experience with SQL , SAS and experience in gathering, analyzing and interpreting large datasets in Audit, Risk , Analytics and Technology
- Good to have working experience on Toad, Python, VBA
- Intermediate / Expert level Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint)
- 10+ years of relevant experience in Audit, Risk, Analytics and Technology
Desired Behavioral / functional Aspects:
- Ability to prioritize work, meet deadlines, achieve goals, and work under pressure in a dynamic and complex environment
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to take on a high level of responsibility, initiative, and accountability
- Ability to summarize and recommend new strategies/solutions.
- Experience in Audit, Compliance, Risk and Testing
- Critical Thinking and Analytical skills
We Value Diversity
At Wells Fargo, we believe in diversity, equity and inclusion in the workplace; accordingly, we welcome applications for employment from all qualified candidates, regardless of race, color, gender, national origin, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, individuals with disabilities, pregnancy, marital status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.
Employees support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company. They are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following and adhering to applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit’s risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in US: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in Canada: Applications for employment are encouraged from all qualified candidates, including women, persons with disabilities, aboriginal peoples and visible minorities. Accommodation for applicants with disabilities is available upon request in connection with the recruitment process.
Drug and Alcohol Policy
Wells Fargo maintains a drug free workplace. Please see our Drug and Alcohol Policy to learn more.