Senior Analytic Consultant
About this role:
Wells Fargo is seeking a Senior Analytics Consultant.
In this role, you will:
- Understand business objectives and provide credible challenge to analysis requirements.
- Verify sound analysis practices and data decisions were leveraged throughout planning and data sourcing phases.
- Conduct in-depth research within complex data environments to identify data integrity issues and propose solutions to improve analysis accuracy.
- Applying critical evaluation to challenge assumptions, formulate a defendable hypothesis, and ensuring high quality analysis results.
- Ensure adherence to data management/ data governance regulations and policies.
- Performing and testing highly complex data analytics for customer remediation.
- Designing analysis projects flow and documentation that is structured for consistency, easy to understand, and to be offered to multiple levels of reviewers, partners, and regulatory agents demonstrating research and analysis completed.
- Investigate and ensure data integrity from multiple sources.
- Ensure data recommended and used is the best “source of truth”.
- Applies knowledge of business, customers, and products to synthesize data to 'form a story' and align information to contrast/compare to industry perspective. Data involved typically very large, structured or unstructured, and from multiple sources.
- Must have a strong attention to detail and be able to meet high quality standards consistently.
- Other duties as assigned by manager.
- Willing to assist on high priority work outside of regular business hours or weekend as needed.
Required Qualifications, International:
- Around 5+ years in similar analytics roles
- Bachelors, M.A./M.Sc. College Degree or Higher in applied mathematics, statistics, engineering, physics, accounting, finance, economics, econometrics, computer sciences, or business/social and behavioral sciences with a quantitative emphasis.
- 3+ years of programming in SAS and SQL.
- Strong experience with data integration, database structures and data warehouses.
- Persuasive written and verbal communication skills.
- Certifications in Data Science, or BI Reporting tools.
- Ability to prioritize work, meet deadlines, achieve goals and work under pressure in a dynamic and complex environment – Soft Skills.
- Knowledge of Home Lending.
- Detail oriented, results driven, and has the ability to navigate in a quickly changing and high demand environment while balancing multiple priorities.
- Ability to research and report on a variety of issues using problem solving skills.
- Ability to act with integrity and a high level of professionalism with all levels of team members and management.
- Ability to make timely and independent judgment decisions while working in a fast-paced and results-driven environment.
- Ability to learn the business aspects quickly, multitask and prioritize between projects.
- Exhibits appropriate sense of urgency in managing responsibilities.
- Ability to accurately process high volumes of work within established deadlines.
- Available to flex schedule periodically based on business need.
- Demonstrate strong negotiation, communication & presentation skills.
- Demonstrates a high degree of reliability, integrity and trustworthiness.
- Takes ownership of assignments and helps drive assignments of the team.
- Dedicated, enthusiastic, driven and performance-oriented; possesses a strong work ethic and good team player.
- Be proactive and get engaged in organizational initiatives.
We Value Diversity
At Wells Fargo, we believe in diversity, equity and inclusion in the workplace; accordingly, we welcome applications for employment from all qualified candidates, regardless of race, color, gender, national origin, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, individuals with disabilities, pregnancy, marital status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.
Employees support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company. They are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following and adhering to applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit’s risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in US: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in Canada: Applications for employment are encouraged from all qualified candidates, including women, persons with disabilities, aboriginal peoples and visible minorities. Accommodation for applicants with disabilities is available upon request in connection with the recruitment process.
Drug and Alcohol Policy
Wells Fargo maintains a drug free workplace. Please see our Drug and Alcohol Policy to learn more.