Senior Employment Counsel
About this role:
Wells Fargo is seeking a Senior Counsel as part of the Employment Division in Legal department. Learn more about the career areas and lines of business at wellsfargojobs.com.
- Providing day-to-day legal advice on the broad spectrum of employment-related matters to the APAC HR team and other key partners, such as Legal, Compliance, Risk and line of business stakeholders;
- Managing employment threats and/or claims arising within the region, and working closely with HR, ER and other stakeholders to develop and execute plans to bring such matters to a satisfactory resolution;
- Collaborating with other members of the International Employment team to provide timely input on enterprise and regional HR and employment law related initiatives; such as review of incentive plans, benefit plans, new policies and procedures, and new processes
- Maintaining and updating our library of precedent documents with a view of expanding the range of precedents available for use;
- Managing outside counsel relationships;
- Conducting appropriate training for HR/ER partners and others
- 4+ years of Law experience, or equivalent demonstrated through one or a combination of the following: work experience, training, military experience, education
- Active State Bar membership or the equivalent in a country outside the United States
- Solicitor admitted in Hong Kong Special Administrative Region, Singapore or another common law jurisdiction (preferably around 4+ PQE)
- Sound knowledge of, and experience in, handling employment law matters within the APAC region
- Experience in working with, or within, large diversified financial institutions
- Some familiarity with international employment and compensation
- Familiarity with US and APAC employment, labour, compensation and benefits issues
- Additional language skills (such as Chinese and Japanese)
- Strong client relationship and interpersonal skills
- Experience with and understanding of stakeholder management
- Ability to assume responsibility quickly and to produce quality work in complex multi-team environments where collaboration, partnership and teamwork are essential
We Value Diversity
At Wells Fargo, we believe in diversity, equity and inclusion in the workplace; accordingly, we welcome applications for employment from all qualified candidates, regardless of race, color, gender, national origin, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, individuals with disabilities, pregnancy, marital status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.
Employees support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company. They are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following and adhering to applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit’s risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in US: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in Canada: Applications for employment are encouraged from all qualified candidates, including women, persons with disabilities, aboriginal peoples and visible minorities. Accommodation for applicants with disabilities is available upon request in connection with the recruitment process.
Drug and Alcohol Policy
Wells Fargo maintains a drug free workplace. Please see our Drug and Alcohol Policy to learn more.