Digital Product Manager
About Wells Fargo
Wells Fargo & Company (NYSE: WFC) is a leading global financial services company headquartered in San Francisco (United States). Wells Fargo has offices in over 20 countries and territories. Our business outside of the U.S. mostly focuses on providing banking services for large corporate, government and financial institution clients. We have worldwide expertise and services to help our customers improve earnings, manage risk, and develop opportunities in the global marketplace. Our global reach offers many opportunities for you to develop a career with Wells Fargo. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you will feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience. We are looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Market Job Description
About Wells Fargo in India & Philippines
Wells Fargo in India & Philippines enables global talent capabilities for Wells Fargo Bank NA., by supporting business lines and staff functions across Technology, Operations, Risk, Audit, Process Excellence, Automation and Product, Analytics and Modeling. We are operating in Hyderabad, Bengaluru, Chennai & Manila locations.
Consumer and Small Business Banking (CSBB) provides financial services to 21 million retail bank households and three million small business customers through approximately 4,500 retail branches, 17 customer service centers, and approximately 13,000 ATMs in 36 states and the District of Columbia. We serve and help individuals and families in many aspects of their lives, helping them buy homes, open first bank and savings accounts, buy cars to get to and from work or school, and start or grow small businesses. CSBB is focused on innovating and transforming with the customer at the center, better enabling customers to engage with us how, when, and wherever they choose. As an industry leader in many consumer and small business areas – including retail deposits, debit card transaction and purchase volume, and small business lending – our primary goal is delivering for our customers.
The Consumer Data and Engagement Platform (CDEP)
The CDEP group works across the Consumer & Small Business Banking (CSBB), Consumer Lending, and Wealth and Investment Management lines of business to develop coordinated strategies for growth in each of Wells Fargo's customer segments. The team is responsible for designing seamless, engaging customer experiences across products and channels, and building the next-generation digital, data and analytics, and functional capabilities required to deliver toward these objectives. The Consumer Data Products function within CDEP aims to build a strong, centralized ecosystem to support the data needs of the consumer LOBs. This includes the build out of a common data platform (Consumer Analytics Platform, a.k.a. CAP), utilities (e.g., eligibility, transactional, etc.) and analytical capabilities to enable business priorities/use cases.
About this role:
Wells Fargo is seeking a Digital Product Manager...
In this role, you will:
- Collect and analyze large datasets to support business decisions.
- Design and develop data models to support data analysis.
- Identify patterns and trends in data to provide insights to management.
- Develop and maintain dashboards and reports to communicate insights to stakeholders.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to develop solutions to complex business problems.
- Ensure data accuracy and consistency by monitoring and validating data quality.
- Identify areas for improvement and recommend solutions to enhance data management processes.
- participate in data/technical design sessions, working with SMEs, to understand and capture functional and non-functional design and rules requirements.
- Identify ingestion, integration, transformation, and provisioning needs, conducting detailed review of articles such as API code, data element mappings, etc. to confirm mutual understanding of both needs and potential deliverables.
- Generating (writing) and “story pointing” user stories to capture ingestion, integration, transformation, and provisioning needs, and working with the Product Owner to confirm that stories are assigned to sprints in accordance with delivery expectations
- Conduct source to target mapping, conducting data lineage exercises in an environment with minimal metadata to identify root source of record and capture necessary transformation to the data from source of record to the point of presentation/consumption
- Generate and configure rules in a rules library, cross referencing existing rules to generate efficiency in new product implementation
- Help resolve data related execution issues/risks and data defect remediation activities during development/deployment activities
- Partner with key Business, Technology, Data Science, and Architecture leaders and cross-functional stakeholders to champion Consumer Data Product vision, guiding principles, prioritized use cases/end user experiences, high-level requirements and roadmap
- Act as the SME and steward of the Data Rules, maintaining a rules library, cross referencing existing rules to generate efficiency in new product implementation, and enforcing proper governance over rules according to risk and controls standards
- Engaging with CDP peers to support downstream data audit, analytical and reporting needs.
- Participate in Cross-Product sharing of best practices developed on or during initiative work.
- Bachelor's degree in Mathematics, Statistics, Computer Science, or a related field.
- Minimum of 4 years of experience in data analysis, preferably in the financial industry.
- Proficient in SQL and data visualization tools such as Tableau, Power BI, or QlikView
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to collect, organize, analyze, and disseminate significant amounts of information with attention to detail and accuracy.
- Proficient in gathering data source and data lineage.
- Great attitude with accountability and ownership.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills to collaborate with cross-functional teams.
- Strong problem-solving skills and the ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Ability to prioritize work, meet deadlines, achieve goals, and work under pressure in a dynamic and complex environment.
- Advanced Microsoft Office (especially Excel and PowerPoint) skills
- Agile product management
- Data visualization tools such as Tableau, Power BI, or QlikView
- Knowledge of financial products and services, as well as regulatory requirements, is a plus.
- Ability to think strategically, implement, and deliver business objectives
- Ability to negotiate, influence, and collaborate to build successful relationships
- Strong analytical skills with high attention to detail and accuracy
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Highly developed interpersonal and communication skills; proven ability to engage and influence senior technology and business executives
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Driven, confident, organized and an accomplished problem solver
We Value Diversity
At Wells Fargo, we believe in diversity, equity and inclusion in the workplace; accordingly, we welcome applications for employment from all qualified candidates, regardless of race, color, gender, national origin, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, individuals with disabilities, pregnancy, marital status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.
Employees support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company. They are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following and adhering to applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit’s risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in US: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in Canada: Applications for employment are encouraged from all qualified candidates, including women, persons with disabilities, aboriginal peoples and visible minorities. Accommodation for applicants with disabilities is available upon request in connection with the recruitment process.
Drug and Alcohol Policy
Wells Fargo maintains a drug free workplace. Please see our Drug and Alcohol Policy to learn more.