Senior Software Engineer
About this role:
Risk and Fraud management solutions group at Wells Fargo is looking for Senior JAVA developer to join an engineering team engaged in building enterprise class web application offering customer centric Fraud servicing capabilities. This agile developer will have a keen interest in enterprise application development using J2EE technologies, and possess a strong desire to expand his/her knowledge in software engineering, architecture and design. Primary responsibility will be hands on software development leveraging J2EE technologies in WebSphere and Tomcat based environment interacting with Kafka streaming platform using SOAP and REST middleware web services, XML, JSON technologies, JMS MQ APIs and accessing Oracle DB, IBM DB2, MongoDB via JDBC.
In this role, you will:
- Lead moderately complex initiatives and deliverables within technical domain environments
- Contribute to large scale planning of strategies
- Design, code, test, debug, and document for projects and programs associated with technology domain, including upgrades and deployments
- Review moderately complex technical challenges that require an in-depth evaluation of technologies and procedures
- Resolve moderately complex issues and lead a team to meet existing client needs or potential new clients needs while leveraging solid understanding of the function, policies, procedures, or compliance requirements
- Collaborate and consult with peers, colleagues, and mid-level managers to resolve technical challenges and achieve goals
- Lead projects and act as an escalation point, provide guidance and direction to less experienced staff
- 6+ years of Software Engineering experience, or equivalent demonstrated through one or a combination of the following: work experience, training, military experience, education
- Experience in leading scrum team delivery complex projects
- Expertise in development using Core Java technology.
- Expertise in writing and optimizing complex stored procedures and SQL queries on Oracle and DB2 platform.
- Expertise in writing J2EE application components
- Expertise in XML and JSON technologies
- Expertise in developing/coding J2EE applications that interact Oracle
- Expertise in development and implementation of SOAP and Restful web services
- Expertise in performance tuning of application components running on Tomcat
- Expertise in Spring boot and Spring framework technologies
- Expertise in integrating application with Kafka and Kees streaming platform
- Expertise in development using Java Messaging Services APIs and MQ middleware
- Expertise in configuration/deployment of application code on Tomcat
- Expertise in Build and deploy of J2EE application components using Gradle, Jenkins, uDeploy tools
- Expertise in using GitHub source code repository
- Experience with JIRA board (story writing, sprint planning/execution, backlog refinement, release management)
- Experience in Software Engineering, or equivalent demonstrated through one or a combination of the following: work experience, training, military experience, education
- BS/BA degree or higher degree in science or technology
- Experience in writing jobs using AWK and unix shell script
- Experience in development and integration components with FICO Falcon risk scoring platform or any other risk scoring platform
- Experience in configuration/deployment of application code on WebSphere platforms
- Experience in developing/coding J2EE applications that interacts with MongoDB database.
- Experience in performance tuning of application components running on WebSphere
- MongoDB or any NoSQL database experience
- Experience in Migration and deployment of application in cloud
- Experience in configuration and integration of application with Splunk tool
- Domain knowledge of risk screening and fraud management of Debit and Deposit transactions
We Value Diversity
At Wells Fargo, we believe in diversity, equity and inclusion in the workplace; accordingly, we welcome applications for employment from all qualified candidates, regardless of race, color, gender, national origin, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, individuals with disabilities, pregnancy, marital status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.
Employees support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company. They are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following and adhering to applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit’s risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in US: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in Canada: Applications for employment are encouraged from all qualified candidates, including women, persons with disabilities, aboriginal peoples and visible minorities. Accommodation for applicants with disabilities is available upon request in connection with the recruitment process.
Drug and Alcohol Policy
Wells Fargo maintains a drug free workplace. Please see our Drug and Alcohol Policy to learn more.