Lead Software Engineer
About this role:
Wells Fargo is seeking a Lead Software Engineer...
In this role, you will:
- Our IAM Automation team is looking for a Lead Software Engineer to join our team
- As a Automation Lead Engineer, you'll work in agile mode methodology to manage the infrastructure tools and platform that support development and deployment of ML/DS models (DevOps/MLOps) & process Automation (UiPath). Engage a team of Automation Engineers and lead the execution of new Intelligent automation initiatives. Build and invent customer-centric automated solutions to improve productivity and speed while reducing defects
- Champion lean process simplification by identifying automation opportunities. Partner with multiple technology teams in different operating companies to facilitate seamless automation. Drive adoption of Intelligent automations and develop and present ideas for continuous improvement and investment. Showcase capabilities, cultivate use-cases and drive adoption of intelligent automations while staying current with industry and best practices
- You'll also collaborate closely with cross-functional teams including software engineers, and product managers to understand business requirements and translate them into efficient and effective data pipelines and get them ready for modelling. Design a deployment strategy for the model into existing native infrastructure and model deployment
- Make decisions in developing standard and companywide best practices for engineering and technology solutions requiring understanding of industry best practices and new technologies, influencing and leading technology team to meet deliverables and drive new initiatives
- Collaborate and consult with key technical experts, senior technology team, and external industry groups to resolve complex technical issues and achieve goals
- Lead projects, teams, or serve as a peer mentor
- Experience supporting the build-out and running of transformation pipeline and monitoring automation deployments
- Experience developing the robotics and automation discipline with a focus on strategy development, management, and planning as well as program leadership and delivery execution, including leading internal and external resources to deliver on outcomes.
- Experience deploying intelligent automation across all areas of operations and integrating automation.
- Expertise analyzing and designing to support project requests, such as data analysis, business process analysis, software analysis, data model design, program specifications and project request estimates.
- Experience in the direction analysis, definition, and prioritization of business requirements, including creating and administering department project budgets.
- Experience managing the functional goals in the areas of project management, services, system health and performance metrics.
- DevOps expertise, Management of infrastructure leveraged to develop and deploy Models and integrate with Process automation/RPA. Work closely with Software Engineers, process automation engineers to design and deploy large-scale process automation solutions that can handle huge volumes of data with high performance and accuracy which includes data exploration, data preparation, feature engineering, model selection, and process automation.
- Develop and maintain tools for monitoring and analyzing the performance of machine learning models in production.
- Supports life cycle management of deployed Automation models (e.g., retraining, new releases, change management, monitoring, and troubleshooting).
- Collaborate with product managers and process automaton engineers to understand business requirements and translate them into machine learning solutions and integrate with RPA.
- 10+ years of hands-on software architecture, design and development experience.
- Bachelor's degree or higher in Computer Science, Mathematics, or a related field.
- At least 5 years of experience in Process automation, machine learning engineering, data engineering, Software engineering or a related field.
- Strong understanding and experience with process automation, data engineering, building pipelines automation anywhere or like tools.
- Proficiency in one or more programming languages such as Python, Java, or .NET /.NET Core.
- Strong knowledge and experience with deploying automations at scale in cloud environments such as GCP or Azure.
- Extensive experience in DevOps, using technologies like GitLab, GitHub, Azure DevOps, or similar tools.
- Understanding of machine learning algorithms, data structures, and statistics.
- Strong communication skills and the ability to work effectively in a team environment.
- Experience with delivering applied machine learning products, including taking a product through design, implementation, and to production.
- Ability to teach, mentor and lead through influence.
- Resilience to obstacles, and ability to solve problems independently.
- Ability to assess issues, make quick decisions, implement solutions, and influence change
- Experience working in a large enterprise environment
- Demonstrated ability to interact effectively with a variety of contacts including mid-level managers
We Value Diversity
At Wells Fargo, we believe in diversity, equity and inclusion in the workplace; accordingly, we welcome applications for employment from all qualified candidates, regardless of race, color, gender, national origin, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, individuals with disabilities, pregnancy, marital status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.
Employees support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company. They are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following and adhering to applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit’s risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in US: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in Canada: Applications for employment are encouraged from all qualified candidates, including women, persons with disabilities, aboriginal peoples and visible minorities. Accommodation for applicants with disabilities is available upon request in connection with the recruitment process.
Drug and Alcohol Policy
Wells Fargo maintains a drug free workplace. Please see our Drug and Alcohol Policy to learn more.