Enterprise Risk Specialist
Job Description Summary:
Enterprise Risk: As a part of Wells Fargo's second line of defense and Independent Risk Management team, covers jobs responsible for oversight and strategic direction in addressing the organization's risks and managing the combined impact of those risks as an interrelated risk portfolio to achieve the company's objectives. Creates and implements the companywide risk management framework and works closely with various lines of business to identify all material types of risk. Develops, implements, and monitors enterprise risk-based governance programs.
About this role:
Wells Fargo is seeking an Enterprise Risk Specialist:
In this role, you will:
- Drive consistent implementation and usage of core data elements across risk programs.
- Participate in the development and execution of program enhancements, including process optimization, quality assurance, reporting oversight and analysis driven FRC usage.
- Leverage FRC program data to develop analytics, metrics and centralized resources.
- Coordinate adherence with FRC program standards, collaborating across FRC owners and risk program teams.
- Serve as a liaison with FRC owners and risk teams to assess impacts and implement significant content changes.
- Develop materials & consistent messaging to program stakeholders and senior leadership.
- Maintain a working knowledge of the Risk Management Framework, Foundational Risk Components Policy, Assessment Scales and Rating Terminology Methodology and other relevant documents.
- 5+ years of experience in risk management (includes compliance, financial crimes, operational risk, audit, legal, credit risk, market risk, IT systems security, business process management) or 3+ years of financial services industry experience, of which 3+ years must include direct experience in risk management.
- Ability to quickly establish credibility to build and maintain effective working relationships
- Ability to prioritize work, meet deadlines, achieve goals, and work under pressure in a dynamic and complex environment
- Ability to take on a high level of responsibility, initiative, and accountability
- Ability to create and improve processes through strategic thinking
- Ability to take initiative and work independently with minimal supervision in a structured environment
- Ability to work and influence successfully within a matrix environment and build effective business partnerships with all levels of team members
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to communicate with all levels across the organization
- Ability to collaborate and partner with various teams and functions
- Ability to manage multiple priorities at any given time.
- Ability to understand, develop and create data flow diagrams from a business and technical perspective.
Other Desired Qualifications:
- Strong analytical skills with high attention to detail and accuracy
- Strong ability to organize, execute, and prioritize large scale work in a fast-paced high demand environment while balancing multiple priorities
- Demonstrated experience managing high levels of change.
- Proven experience partnering with varying levels of stakeholders across the organization.
We Value Diversity
At Wells Fargo, we believe in diversity, equity and inclusion in the workplace; accordingly, we welcome applications for employment from all qualified candidates, regardless of race, color, gender, national origin, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, individuals with disabilities, pregnancy, marital status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.
Employees support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company. They are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following and adhering to applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit’s risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in US: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in Canada: Applications for employment are encouraged from all qualified candidates, including women, persons with disabilities, aboriginal peoples and visible minorities. Accommodation for applicants with disabilities is available upon request in connection with the recruitment process.
Drug and Alcohol Policy
Wells Fargo maintains a drug free workplace. Please see our Drug and Alcohol Policy to learn more.