Lead Quantitative Analytics Specialist - Internal Audit - Credit Risk Models
About this role:
Wells Fargo Internal Audit is seeking a skilled and experienced Lead Quantitative Analytics Specialist to provide audit coverage of models/model risk management with a focus on, but not limited to, credit risk models used by the company.
This individual will be a subject matter expert supporting the daily operations and the audit coverage approach for credit risk models. This position provides a unique opportunity to gain a broad understanding of the risk management of models supporting retail and wholesale credit risk analysis and forecasting, originations, and account management. The individual will play an instrumental role in the ongoing auditing of models used to meet the regulatory requirements of Basel and CCAR, and the CECL accounting standard.
In this role, you will:
• Provide leadership and credibility in the third line of defense challenge of modeling practices in the company, focusing on credit risk models. This includes evaluation of development documentation, validation activities, and ongoing monitoring.
• Plan, execute, and lead model audit engagements and technical reviews of models.
• Serve as subject matter expert to Wells Fargo Internal Audit staff, senior management, and business partners on regulatory expectations, model risk policy, and current industry modeling practices pertaining, but not limited to, credit risk models.
• Develop knowledge of business areas using credit risk models.
• Produce quality audit deliverables suitable for senior management and external distribution.
• Communicate findings and conclusions verbally and in writing to key stakeholders.
• Build and maintain relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
• Develop an understanding of Wells Fargo audit methodology and policy.
• Train, mentor, and provide direction to junior team members and support their development.
• Work effectively independently and within a team.
• Champion opportunities and recommendations for process improvement and innovation.
Required Qualifications, US:
5+ years of Quantitative Analytics experience, or equivalent demonstrated through one or a combination of the following: work experience, training, military experience, education
Master's degree or higher in a quantitative discipline such as mathematics, statistics, engineering, physics, economics, or computer science
• Experience performing model audit engagements
• A PhD in a quantitative discipline
• Working knowledge of SR 11-7 and OCC 2011-12 supervisory guidance, Basel – Credit Risk, and CECL ASU 2016-3.
• 5+ years of experience in the development, validation, or auditing of credit risk models in the financial services industry, preferably with a large bank
• Solid understanding of credit risk products
• Working knowledge of stress testing and scenario design
• Hands-on knowledge and experience with Python, C/C++/C#, SQL, R, Matlab, SPlus, Gauss, or SAS
• Experience in data analysis and application of machine learning to credit risk modeling
• Ability to work independently
• Attention to detail in both analytics and documentation
• Demonstrated ability to lead junior team members
• Excellent technical, non-technical, and executive verbal and written communication skills
This position does not offer Visa sponsorship
Pay Range$120,400.00 - $250,000.00 Annual
Wells Fargo provides all eligible full- and part-time employees with a comprehensive set of benefits designed to protect their physical and financial health and to help them make the most of their financial future. Visit Benefits - Wells Fargo Careers for an overview of the following benefit plans and programs offered to employees.
- 401(k) Plan
- Paid Time Off
- Parental Leave
- Critical Caregiving Leave
- Discounts and Savings
- Health Benefits
- Commuter Benefits
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Scholarships for dependent children
- Adoption Reimbursement
We Value Diversity
At Wells Fargo, we believe in diversity, equity and inclusion in the workplace; accordingly, we welcome applications for employment from all qualified candidates, regardless of race, color, gender, national origin, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, individuals with disabilities, pregnancy, marital status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.
Employees support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company. They are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following and adhering to applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit’s risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in US: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Drug and Alcohol Policy
Wells Fargo maintains a drug free workplace. Please see our Drug and Alcohol Policy to learn more.