Senior Analytics Consultant
About this role:
Wells Fargo is seeking a Senior Analytics Consultant for the System Integration Testing and Data Quality Mgmt. teams. This team is responsible for testing data received from transaction and customer information systems against applicable sanctions and data management policies and procedures, creating relevant visualizations and analysis on the data and results, recommending resolutions to issues discovered, and assisting in the implementation of the resolution to these issues.
In this role, you will:
- Ensure adherence to data management or data governance regulations and policies
- Extract and analyze data from multiple technology systems/platforms and related data sources to identify factors that pose a risk to the firm.
- Consult with business line and enterprise functions on less complex research
- Understand compliance and risk management requirements for sanctions compliance and data management
- Perform analysis of findings and trends using statistical analysis and document process
- Require a solid background in reporting, understanding and utilizing Relational Databases and Data Warehouses, and be effective in querying and reporting large and complex data sets.
- Excel at telling stories with data, presenting information in visually compelling ways that appeal to executive audiences, and will be well versed in the development and delivery of reporting solutions.
- Responsible for building easy to use visualization and perform data analysis to generate meaningful business insights using complex datasets for global stakeholders.
- Responsible for testing key reports and produce process documentation.
- Present recommendations to maximize operational efficiency, quality, and compliance
- Identify and define business requirements and translate data and business needs into research and recommendations to improve efficiency
- Develop customized reports and ad hoc analyses to make recommendations and provide guidance to less experienced staff
- Experience in Analytics, or equivalent demonstrated through one or a combination of the following: work experience, training, military experience, education.
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Strong knowledge of Enterprise Risk programs and applicability of risk management framework (3 Line of defense)
- Experience identifying internal and external data sources from multiple sources across the business
- 5+ years of experience SQL, Teradata, or SAS and Database Management systems like Teradata and MS SQL Server.
- 3+ years of experience in risk (includes compliance, financial crimes, operational, audit, legal, credit risk, market risk).
- 3+ years of experience in data visualization and business intelligence tools.
- Advanced Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint) skills
- Demonstrated strong analytical skills with high attention to detail and accuracy.
- Strong presentation skills and ability to translate and present data in a manner that educates, enhances understanding, and influence decisions, bias for simplicity
- Strong writing skills - proven ability to translate data sets and conclusions drawn from analysis into business/executive format and language
- Ability to support multiple projects with tight timelines
- Meta Data management, Data Lineage, Data Element Mapping, Data Documentation experience.
- Experience researching and resolving data problems and working with technology teams on remediation of data issues
- Hands-on proficiency with Python, Power BI (Power Query, DAX, Power apps), Tableau, or SAS
- Knowledge of Defect management tools like HP ALM.
- Knowledge of Data Governance.
We Value Diversity
At Wells Fargo, we believe in diversity, equity and inclusion in the workplace; accordingly, we welcome applications for employment from all qualified candidates, regardless of race, color, gender, national origin, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, individuals with disabilities, pregnancy, marital status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.
Employees support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company. They are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following and adhering to applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit’s risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in US: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in Canada: Applications for employment are encouraged from all qualified candidates, including women, persons with disabilities, aboriginal peoples and visible minorities. Accommodation for applicants with disabilities is available upon request in connection with the recruitment process.
Drug and Alcohol Policy
Wells Fargo maintains a drug free workplace. Please see our Drug and Alcohol Policy to learn more.