LEAD RISK ANALYTICS CONSULTANT
About this role:
Wells Fargo is seeking a Lead Risk Analytics Consultant...
In this role, you will:
- Lead complex initiatives related to business analysis and modeling, including those that are cross functional, with broad impact, and act as key participant in data aggregation, monitoring, and reporting of stress testing and portfolio analysis for Risk Analytics
- Review and analyze complex programing models to extract data and manipulate databases to provide statistical and financial modeling specific to businesses supported
- Manage the roll out of pilot programs developed as a result of programmed models for supported businesses and product line
- Make decisions in complex product strategies, data modeling, and risk exposure, requiring solid understanding of business unit projects and regulatory responses, policies, procedures, and compliance requirements that influence and lead Analytic and Reporting to meet deliverables and drive new initiatives
- Collaborate and consult with peers, less experienced to more experienced managers, to resolve production, project, and regulatory issues, and achieve risk analysts, and common modeling goals
- Lead projects, teams, and mentor
- 5+ years of Risk Analytics experience, or equivalent demonstrated through one or a combination of the following: work experience, training, military experience, education
- Experience in Risk Analytics, or equivalent demonstrated through one or a combination of the following: work experience, training, military experience, education
- 4+ years of SAS experience
- Solid problem solving skills
- Ability to research, trend, and analyze data
- Good verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Good project management skills
- Ability to develop partnerships and collaborate with other business and functional area
- Ability to prioritize work, meet deadlines, achieve goals, and work under pressure in a dynamic and complex environment
- Knowledge and understanding of issues or change management processes
- Ability to work effectively in a virtual team environment
- Knowledge of loss forecasting techniques.
- Data governance & oversight (G&O) expertise or comparable experience
- Knowledge of modeling and exploratory analytical techniques.
- Ability to research and reconcile general ledger accounts
- Attention to details
- The credit risk management team, supporting CSBB, is seeking a highly motivated and talented risk professional to be a part of our team as a Lead Risk Analytics Consultant. The business operates with an entrepreneurial spirit and is dedicated to operational excellence, team member development and redefining possibilities. This lead position will be in the critical quantitate function, which directly impact tactical and strategic business decisions and regulatory compliance. To be effective in this position, you will need good understanding of business objectives, credit risk management, quant skills, and rigorous control environment. You will have the opportunity to apply your superb analytical, problem solving, team work, and communication skills to a critical business function.
We Value Diversity
At Wells Fargo, we believe in diversity, equity and inclusion in the workplace; accordingly, we welcome applications for employment from all qualified candidates, regardless of race, color, gender, national origin, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, individuals with disabilities, pregnancy, marital status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.
Employees support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company. They are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following and adhering to applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit’s risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in US: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in Canada: Applications for employment are encouraged from all qualified candidates, including women, persons with disabilities, aboriginal peoples and visible minorities. Accommodation for applicants with disabilities is available upon request in connection with the recruitment process.
Drug and Alcohol Policy
Wells Fargo maintains a drug free workplace. Please see our Drug and Alcohol Policy to learn more.