Fraud & Claims Operations Senior Manager
Important Note: During the application process, ensure your contact information (email and phone number) is up to date and upload your current resume when submitting your application for consideration. To participate in some selection activities you will need to respond to an invitation. The invitation can be sent by both email and text message. In order to receive text message invitations, your profile must include a mobile phone number designated as "Personal Cell" or "Cellular" in the contact information of your application.
At Wells Fargo, we are looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. We are seeking candidates who embrace diversity, equity and inclusion in a workplace where everyone feels valued and inspired.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
About this role:
Wells Fargo is seeking a Fraud and Claims Operations Senior Manager in Consumer & Small Business Banking providing coverage for Branch Banking, Chief Customer Office, CSBB Control, CSBB Diverse Customer Segments, CSBB Operations, CSBB Strategy & Transformation, Consumer Marketing, Deposit Products Group, and Small Business. Learn more about our career areas and lines of business at wellsfargojobs.com.
In this role, you will:
- Manage and develop teams of individual contributors or managers to ensure proactive identification, prevention, detection, investigation, or reporting of fraud and claims activity
- Engage and influence stakeholders or business leaders associated with fraud and claims activity
- Identify and recommend opportunities for improving the process of fraud and claims activity across the company
- Determine appropriate strategy and actions of fraud and claims team to meet business deliverables
- Interpret and develop procedures, controls, analytics, and trend data in order to ensure proactive identification, prevention, execution, detection, investigation, recovery, or either government or internal reporting of fraud and claims activity
- Collaborate with and influence supervisors, analysts, specialists, consultants or business partners
- Interact directly with cross channel business leaders
- Manage allocation of people and financial resources for Frauds and Claims Operations
- Develop and guide a culture of talent development to meet business objectives and strategy
- 6+ years of Fraud Claim Investigations or Policy Violations, Risk Management or Compliance experience, or equivalent demonstrated through one or a combination of the following: work experience, training, military experience, education
- 3+ years Management experience
- 6 + years of experience including previous financial crime/fraud or risk management experience at both the exempt and non-exempt level
- Strong leadership skills, including demonstrated success building effective teams, developing managers, and continually engaging team members
- Experience managing operations businesses heavily rooted in regulatory risk in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Proven ability in partnering, collaborating, and building relationships with a breadth of stakeholders, including line of business and functional leaders across a complex, matrixed environment
- Strong track record of delivering results including demonstrated project and initiatives management and execution as well as sound decision-making approach to complex problems
- Partnership approach to responsibilities, including ability to effectively lead (directly or indirectly) initiatives across lines of business, peers, partners, and key stakeholder
- Transformational leader who can understand and leverage latest technology, tools, and approaches to accelerate effectiveness and maximize efficiency. Able to create, build and communicate compelling business cases at all levels of the organization.
- Motivational skills and ability to optimize staff performance through staff selection, training, and motivation activities
- Experience working closely with other managers and business partners such as Capacity Planning, Legal/Risk/Compliance, Loss Analytics/Forecasting, etc.
- Operational Management experience, including development and monitoring of key operational performance measurements
- The ability to conceptualize, develop, and implement process improvements
- Prior financial management experience including budgeting, expense management, loss analytics, forecasting, and monitoring of financial activities including volume and productivity
- The ability to think strategically
- Demonstrated strong oral and written communication skills
- Ability to present complex material in a digestible, consumable manner to all levels of management
- Experience building dynamic presentations and communications tailored to different audiences
- 3+ Years Call Center Management or managing a production operation
- Prior experience managing supervisory staff
- Debit Card Claims Processing Knowledge
- REG E knowledge
- Visa operating rules and regulation (i.e., disputes, representments, pre-arbitration/arbitration)
- This position can be located at either: 1525 W W T Harris Blvd Charlotte, NC OR 2850 S Price Road, Chandler, AZ 85286
- This position offers a hybrid work schedule
We Value Diversity
At Wells Fargo, we believe in diversity, equity and inclusion in the workplace; accordingly, we welcome applications for employment from all qualified candidates, regardless of race, color, gender, national origin, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, individuals with disabilities, pregnancy, marital status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.
Employees support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company. They are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following and adhering to applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit’s risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in US: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in Canada: Applications for employment are encouraged from all qualified candidates, including women, persons with disabilities, aboriginal peoples and visible minorities. Accommodation for applicants with disabilities is available upon request in connection with the recruitment process.
Drug and Alcohol Policy
Wells Fargo maintains a drug free workplace. Please see our Drug and Alcohol Policy to learn more.