Fraud & Claims Operations Representative
About this role:
Wells Fargo is seeking a Fraud & Claims Operations Representative in Consumer & Small Business Banking providing coverage for Branch Banking, Chief Customer Office, CSBB Control, CSBB Diverse Customer Segments, CSBB Operations, CSBB Strategy & Transformation, Consumer Marketing, Deposit Products Group, and Small Business. Learn more about our career areas and business divisions at wellsfargojobs.com.
In this role, you will:
- Support fraud and claims functional area by proactively identifying opportunities to improve customer experience, and offer ideas to mitigate risks through effective authentication of customers in order to prevent fraudulent activity
- Perform moderately complex customer support tasks by utilizing solid communication, verbal and written, skills to establish rapport with customer and to deescalate difficult, as well as sensitive information as a part of resolving a claim
- Receive direction from managers and escalate non-routine questions
- Oversee multiple claim types, and take appropriate action to decision the case using multiple systems and applications
- Interact with colleagues on required information as well as external and internal customers through inbound or outbound calling
- Contact third parties for research
Required Qualifications, US:
- 1+ years of customer service experience, or equivalent demonstrated through one or a combination of the following: work experience, training, military experience, education
- Ability to make timely and independent judgment decisions while working in a fast-paced and results-driven environment
- Ability to research and correspond with customers, responding to their questions and concerns with detailed information
- Ability to research, analyze, and determine a course of action for financial transactions
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment
- Customer service focus with the ability to balance needs of clients, shareholders, and team members
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Knowledge and understanding of card industry fraud detection or chargebacks
- Call center experience
- Credit card fraud claims or prevention experience
- Bilingual speaking proficiency in Spanish/English
- Training schedule is 8am-5pm/ Mon-Fri for 4 weeks. Schedule after training will be 12:00pm-8:30pm Mon-Fri in office.
- Answers high-volume inbound calls and responds to customer inquiries regarding existing credit card claim
- May add additional transactions to claim
- Uses a variety of sources for information, including Online systems and tools/models
- May perform general account handling functions such re-billing transactions and sending appropriate correspondences
- Documents research findings and actions on cases for possible referrals for Suspicious Activity, Identity Theft Operations (ITO), and Suspected Financial Abuse
- May contact customers and/or vendors to validate transactions
- Prepares required documentation including Suspicious Activity Reports and Elder Fraud Abuse, service complaints, or inquiries
- Has ability to take on special tasks when required by leadership
We Value Diversity
At Wells Fargo, we believe in diversity, equity and inclusion in the workplace; accordingly, we welcome applications for employment from all qualified candidates, regardless of race, color, gender, national origin, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, individuals with disabilities, pregnancy, marital status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.
Employees support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company. They are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following and adhering to applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit’s risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in US: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in Canada: Applications for employment are encouraged from all qualified candidates, including women, persons with disabilities, aboriginal peoples and visible minorities. Accommodation for applicants with disabilities is available upon request in connection with the recruitment process.
Drug and Alcohol Policy
Wells Fargo maintains a drug free workplace. Please see our Drug and Alcohol Policy to learn more.