About this role:
Wells Fargo is seeking a Financial Accountant...
In this role, you will:
- Provide remediation support, consultation and subject matter expertise for process and internal control remediation efforts.
• Lead and support multiple COSO remediation projects, completing tasks and deliverables as defined and assigned.
• Lead implementation of complex projects and/or initiatives impacting multiple lines of business across the enterprise.
• Develop and build strong relationships and effective communication processes with customers, partners and stakeholders.
• Effective collaboration with internal partners including Issue Management and Reporting (IM&R), Enterprise Data Remediation (EDR), COSO Testing and etc.
• Critical assessment of corrective actions to ensure accurate root cause analysis addressing strategic solutioning and leading to a sustainable solution.
• Serve as a key change agent in building/adopting best practices for continuous improvement of the control environment.
• Complete remediation project status reporting; escalate issues to management in a timely manner.
• Complete other special projects as assigned.
• May directly or indirectly manage other consultants or a small group of consultants.
- Qualified CA/CFA/ICWA/MBA/Bachelor’s/Post graduate up to 9 years of experience in Data management and data analytics
- Ability to work in changing priorities and deadlines both independently and within team environment
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Ability to perform complex analyses, draw conclusions, and communicate recommendations to business leaders
- Prioritize multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment with critical deadlines
- Advanced knowledge of Excel, Power point
- Ability to manage effectively in a matrixed organization
- Strong analytical skills with high attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to exercise independent judgment and creative problem solving techniques
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment and across all organizational levels, where flexibility, collaboration, and adaptability are important
- Virtual leadership experience with ability to effectively drive results, provide feedback/direction, and manage and build relationships with leaders and team members in a geographically dispersed team environment
- Building relationships and collaborating with key stakeholders in the applicable line of business and IT functions related to assigned projects
- Experience with data analytic tools (such as Alteryx, Tableau, SAS, SQL)
- Advance knowledge of Excel, Visio, PowerPoint and/or the creation of executive financial briefings
- Big four consulting or public accounting experience
- Experience evaluating control deficiencies and related remediation activities
- Strong critical thinking skills with ability to credibly challenge status quo
- Relationship management skills: ability to communicate difficult positions without harming relationships
- Financial services industry experience/expertise
- Experience working with large corporations
We Value Diversity
At Wells Fargo, we believe in diversity, equity and inclusion in the workplace; accordingly, we welcome applications for employment from all qualified candidates, regardless of race, color, gender, national origin, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, individuals with disabilities, pregnancy, marital status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.
Employees support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company. They are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following and adhering to applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit’s risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in US: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in Canada: Applications for employment are encouraged from all qualified candidates, including women, persons with disabilities, aboriginal peoples and visible minorities. Accommodation for applicants with disabilities is available upon request in connection with the recruitment process.
Drug and Alcohol Policy
Wells Fargo maintains a drug free workplace. Please see our Drug and Alcohol Policy to learn more.