Audit Management Senior Manager - CB/CIB
About this role:
Wells Fargo is seeking an Audit Management Senior Manager on the Commercial Banking and Corporate & Investment Banking (CB/CIB) Audit team supporting Corporate & Investment Banking (CIB) Markets and Chief Operating Office. The CB/CIB team audits the following businesses: Middle Market Banking, Commercial Capital, Investment Banking, Sales and Trading, Commercial Real Estate, International, Control Executive, and the Chief Operating Office.
In this role, you will:
- Manage a team of audit staff responsible for a defined segment of the Audit Plan
- Be responsible for resource management and assisting broader team in overall audit plan completion
- Assess associated risks and controls and complete engagements within their segment of the audit plan
- Plan and organize work in an annual cycle, not just project cycle
- Ensure audit engagements are risk-based, and executed according to Internal Audit policies and guidance
- Build and maintain a proficient team of auditors
- Provide timely feedback, coaching and monitoring of development plans
- Develop and maintain excellent business relationships with leadership and other stakeholders, such as regulatory agencies
- Manage allocation of people and financial resources for Audit
- Develop and guide a culture of talent development to meet business objectives and strategy
Required Qualifications, US:
- 6+ years of Audit, Risk experience, or equivalent demonstrated through one or a combination of the following: work experience, training, military experience, education
- 3+ years of management experience
- A BS/BA degree or higher
- Solid knowledge and understanding of audit or risk methodologies and supporting tools
- Strong understanding of financial regulatory environment
- Certification in one or more of the following: CPA, CAMS, CRCM, CIA, CISA or Commissioned Bank Examiner designation
- Experience at a financial institution or accounting firm
- Experience leading and providing feedback to staff on audit projects or engagements
- Experience with Issue Validation and Remediation
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Experience with Corporate & Investment Banking products and operations. Knowledge of front, middle, and back-office activities
- Ability to travel up to 25% of the time
- This position is not eligible for Visa sponsorship
We Value Diversity
At Wells Fargo, we believe in diversity, equity and inclusion in the workplace; accordingly, we welcome applications for employment from all qualified candidates, regardless of race, color, gender, national origin, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, individuals with disabilities, pregnancy, marital status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.
Employees support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company. They are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following and adhering to applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit’s risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in US: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in Canada: Applications for employment are encouraged from all qualified candidates, including women, persons with disabilities, aboriginal peoples and visible minorities. Accommodation for applicants with disabilities is available upon request in connection with the recruitment process.
Drug and Alcohol Policy
Wells Fargo maintains a drug free workplace. Please see our Drug and Alcohol Policy to learn more.