Head of Alumni Relations
Wells Fargo & Company (NYSE: WFC) is a diversified, community-based financial services company with $1.97 trillion in assets. Wells Fargo’s vision is to satisfy our customers’ financial needs and help them succeed financially. Wells Fargo Bank is one of the largest and oldest financial institutions in the United States. Established in 1852, it is headquartered in San Francisco, California. Wells Fargo provides a wide range of banking and financial services to individuals, businesses, and corporate clients.
As a full-service bank, Wells Fargo offers various products and services, including personal banking, mortgage and home equity loans, credit cards, investment and wealth management, retirement planning, commercial banking, and small business solutions. The bank operates a vast network of branches and ATMs throughout the United States, making its services easily accessible to customers.
Wells Fargo has a strong reputation and is known for its historical stagecoach logo, which represents its origins in stagecoach transportation during the 19th century. The bank has undergone significant growth and expansion over the years through mergers and acquisitions, solidifying its position as one of the "Big Four" banks in the United States.
Wells Fargo has a strong commitment to corporate social responsibility and community involvement. It supports various philanthropic initiatives, including education, affordable housing, environmental sustainability, and economic empowerment programs. The bank actively encourages its employees to engage in volunteer work and contribute to the communities it serves.
This new role will be a part of the Public Affairs organization. Public Affairs brings together teams responsible for engaging with the company’s stakeholders. This organization exists to support, strengthen, and protect Wells Fargo’s reputation by building trust, brand reputation, and positive business results. This includes advocating for Wells Fargo’s business priorities, executing an enterprise brand strategy and enhancing the company’s community impact and sustainability through the work we do. Teams within Public Affairs include Communications, Brand and Sponsorships, Government Relations & Public Policy, Philanthropy & Community Impact, and Sustainability.
You will create a robust Alumni community and platform where former colleagues and partners can reconnect with each other, current employees, hear from leaders, and remain lifelong ambassadors of Wells Fargo. This alumni community will create opportunities for managing our brand and messaging, accelerating talent acquisition, reclaiming banking relationships, networking of alumni, and simplifying alumni interactions with the company. This role has the strong endorsement of the CEO and the commitment of the Operating Committee.
As the Alumni Relations Director, you will be responsible for developing and executing strategic initiatives that create and launch the bank's engagement with our alumni network. You will collaborate with stakeholders across the organization, including senior leadership, business units, HR teams and Communications and Brand teams to create and implement a comprehensive alumni relations program. Your primary focus will be to strengthen relationships, foster a sense of community, and increase alumni involvement through various channels.
In this role you will:
- Focus on delivering a clear rational value proposition for Alumni to reconnect; critical to put them first and at the ‘heart’ of the effort.
- Build a small, dedicated team with the right talent and leadership support to lead Alumni Relations like a product launch –defining strategy, building a go-to market plan, develop and manage a budget for alumni relations activities, and ensure optimal resource allocation / cost effectiveness.
- Managing brand and messaging to connect with former employees to deliver meaningful updates on business activity, internal perspective on news articles, and offer Alumni-specific incentives.
- Create personalized communication strategies to maintain regular contact with alumni, sharing relevant updates and opportunities.
- Build alumni experience through capabilities that enable seamless communication (E.g., directory of contacts, career opportunities, alumni stories, etc.)
- Identify and segment alumni groups based on their affinity, demographics, and interests, and design tailored engagement programs for each group.
- Build and maintain a strong network of alumni by implementing effective communication and outreach strategies, leveraging both traditional and digital channels including a robust website and alumni portal.
- Organize networking events, panel discussions, events, knowledge sharing platforms and webinars to facilitate alumni interaction and professional development.
- Collaborate with internal stakeholders to identify opportunities for alumni involvement in mentoring, speaking engagements, industry panels, and other professional development activities. Working with the key LOB stakeholders, you will be determining what each LOB would like to accomplish through this new Alumni Network.
- Serve as the main point of contact for alumni inquiries, concerns, and feedback, and ensure timely and personalized responses to nurture positive relationships.
- Success at Wells Fargo depends on an enterprise-wide commitment to drive risk management transformation. A key component in this process is the Risk and Control Self-Assessment (RCSA) program.
- Collaborate with marketing and communications teams to create compelling content for alumni newsletters, websites, social media platforms, and other communication channels.
- Accelerating talent acquisition by leveraging the Alumni network to fill critical positions faster, and ensure those re-hires are productive faster.
- Stay informed about industry trends and best practices in alumni relations and implement innovative strategies to stay ahead of the curve.
- Monitor and evaluate the success of alumni engagement initiatives, using data-driven insights to continuously improve and refine the program.
- Leverage identified technology platform, Enterprise Alumni Solution, and determine launch plan and integration in partnership with key stakeholders.
- Requires a minimum of 8+ years of related experience, or equivalent demonstrated through one or a combination of the following: work experience, training, military experience, education.
- Experience in alumni relations, donor relations, or community engagement.
- Program management experience required.
- 4+ years of management experience.
- You will be a great collaborator who has very strong program management experience. You’ll have SMEs building content and you will need to set the strategy and make sure it’s executed across many different lines of business.
- Preferred experience in financial services industry or a similarly complex organization.
- A strategic mindset with the ability to think creatively and develop innovative approaches to alumni engagement.
- Experience in launching and building a brand including development of segmentation, communication strategies, events, and on-going measurement.
- Excellent interpersonal and relationship-building skills, with the ability to connect with diverse audiences and build lasting connections.
- Strong project management skills, with the ability to multitask, prioritize, and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to craft compelling messages for different communication channels.
- Demonstrated ability to analyze data, measure the impact of initiatives, and make data-driven decisions.
- Proficiency in using CRM systems, alumni databases, and other relevant software tools.
- Knowledge of regulatory requirements and ethical standards related to alumni engagement and data privacy.
- A passion for networking, community-building, and creating meaningful connections.
Pay Range$138,500.00 - $287,600.00 Annual
Wells Fargo provides all eligible full- and part-time employees with a comprehensive set of benefits designed to protect their physical and financial health and to help them make the most of their financial future. Visit Benefits - Wells Fargo Careers for an overview of the following benefit plans and programs offered to employees.
- 401(k) Plan
- Paid Time Off
- Parental Leave
- Critical Caregiving Leave
- Discounts and Savings
- Health Benefits
- Commuter Benefits
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Scholarships for dependent children
- Adoption Reimbursement
We Value Diversity
At Wells Fargo, we believe in diversity, equity and inclusion in the workplace; accordingly, we welcome applications for employment from all qualified candidates, regardless of race, color, gender, national origin, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, individuals with disabilities, pregnancy, marital status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.
Employees support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company. They are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following and adhering to applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit’s risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in US: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Drug and Alcohol Policy
Wells Fargo maintains a drug free workplace. Please see our Drug and Alcohol Policy to learn more.