Lead Data Engineer
About this role: This position is in the Business Modeling Group (BMG) team within Enterprise Functions in the WF Technology organization. This team supports the Analytical warehouse and the related data products. This position will fill a key role on the team to provide Ab Initio development support including supporting data ingestion and ETL processes using Ab Initio, Python, GCP, Spark and other tools. The ingestion activities and data product outputs are keys to support a broad user community and drive analytic outcomes. The person is expected to be well versed with agile methodology and should be capable to work in T shaped development environment.
- Acts as a lead developer in providing application design guidance and consultation, utilizing a thorough understanding of applicable technology, tools and existing designs.
- Develops and guides the team to develop simple or highly complex code.
- Verifies program logic by overseeing the preparation of test data, testing and debugging of programs.
- Assures quality, security and compliance requirements are met for supported area.
- Responsible for application support.
- Create Technical design documents and understand the business.
- Troubleshoot applications and work directly with various application/ business/support team partners
- Play a larger role in strategic initiatives cut across the application and geography
- Able to articulate and provide crisp Technical and Functional rationale to Leadership
- Bachelor degree with 12+ yrs. of hands-on dev and support exp. in one or multiple Data warehousing projects.
- 7+ yrs of development exp. in creating or enhancing Data warehouse applications using Ab Initio, Unix & Teradata
- 5+ years of Unix shell scripting knowledge
- 5+ yrs of SQL exp.
- 4+ yrs of Big Data/Hadoop/Python/Scala/Spark/Cloud experience
- Excellent understanding of DWH concepts and SDLC
- Knowledge of Cloud Platform (like Google or AWS or Azure)
- Knowledge & understanding of emerging data platforms and analytic tools Hadoop, Aster & R
- 3+ yrs of Agile exp.
- 7+ yrs of ETL programming exp. with Ab Initio products such as EME, Control Center, Metadata Hub, or Conduct IT
- Ability to coordinate completion of multiple tasks & meet aggressive time frames
- Exp. with
- Hadoop ecosystem tools and orchestrating job streams
- Batch Automation tools like AutoSys, Control M, Tivoli
- Code promotion tools
- o Support of an enterprise application
- Working knowledge of Teradata/Oracle
- Excellent verbal, written & interpersonal communication skills
- Strong analytical skills incl. analyzing complex data
We Value Diversity
At Wells Fargo, we believe in diversity, equity and inclusion in the workplace; accordingly, we welcome applications for employment from all qualified candidates, regardless of race, color, gender, national origin, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, individuals with disabilities, pregnancy, marital status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.
Employees support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company. They are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following and adhering to applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit’s risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in US: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in Canada: Applications for employment are encouraged from all qualified candidates, including women, persons with disabilities, aboriginal peoples and visible minorities. Accommodation for applicants with disabilities is available upon request in connection with the recruitment process.
Drug and Alcohol Policy
Wells Fargo maintains a drug free workplace. Please see our Drug and Alcohol Policy to learn more.