Fraud & Claims Operations Manager Deposit Specialty
About this role:
Wells Fargo is seeking a Fraud & Claims Operations Manager for Deposit Specialty as part of Consumer & Small Business Banking Operations. Learn more about the career areas and lines of business at wellsfargojobs.com.
In this role, you will:
- Manage and develop a team of supervisors, analysts, specialists, or consultants, and engage management, vendors or related functional areas associated with fraud and claims investigations
- Identify and recommend opportunities for implementation of procedures, controls, and trend data to ensure proactive identification, prevention execution, detection, investigation, recovery, and government or internal reporting of fraud and claims activity
- Make decisions and resolve issues regarding fraud and claims to meet business objectives
- Interpret and develop data and reports on emerging risk in the fraud environment to implement functional area policies or procedures which will maximize efficiency and enhance customer service
- Collaborate and consult with customers, vendors, and other functional areas to resolve escalated issues
- Interact directly with fraud and claims management to develop and implement functional area policies or procedures to support Wells Fargo's business goals
- Manage allocation of people and financial resources for Fraud and Claims Operations
- Mentor and guide talent development of direct reports and assist in hiring talent
- 4+ years of Fraud Claim Investigations or Policy Violations, Risk Management or Compliance experience, or equivalent demonstrated through one or a combination of the following: work experience, training, military experience, education
- 2+ years Leadership experience
- 4+ years banking experience with an emphasis on financial operations, general ledger processing, and financial management compliance
- 2+ years Leadership experience coaching, training and mentoring
- 1+ years Fraud & Claims Deposit DDA Operations experience
- Systems experience with Universal Workstation, e-Tran, Hogan, 1OFC (official check application)
- Experience building partnerships and consulting effectively with leadership
- Strong analytical skills with high attention to detail and accuracy
- Experience providing leadership to a virtual or remote team
- Experience interacting with all levels of an organization
- Experience negotiating, influencing, and collaborating to build successful relationships
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Solid critical thinking skills
- Strong organizational, multi-tasking, and prioritizing skills
- Knowledge and understanding of Risk and Control Self-Assessment (RCSA), Internal Loss Data (ILD), and Shared Risk Platform (SHRP)
- Intermediate Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint) skills
- Position will be located at 1525 W WT Harris Blvd in Charlotte, NC. Relocation assistance is not available for this position.
- This position offers a hybrid work schedule.
- 1525 W WT Harris Blvd. Charlotte, NC
This posting may be removed early due to volume of applications.
We Value Diversity
At Wells Fargo, we believe in diversity, equity and inclusion in the workplace; accordingly, we welcome applications for employment from all qualified candidates, regardless of race, color, gender, national origin, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, individuals with disabilities, pregnancy, marital status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.
Employees support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company. They are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following and adhering to applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit’s risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in US: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in Canada: Applications for employment are encouraged from all qualified candidates, including women, persons with disabilities, aboriginal peoples and visible minorities. Accommodation for applicants with disabilities is available upon request in connection with the recruitment process.
Drug and Alcohol Policy
Wells Fargo maintains a drug free workplace. Please see our Drug and Alcohol Policy to learn more.