Senior Corporate Insurance Consultant
About this role:
Wells Fargo is seeking a Senior Corporate Insurance Consultant...
In this role, you will:
- Serve as the employer point of contact and manage complex high exposure workers’ compensation claims filed in all fifty states.
- Provide oversight to our third-party claim administrator related to claims strategies, analysis, risk mitigation, and financing, and ensure established claims service instructions, processes and procedures are appropriately followed.
- Contribute to the development and implementation of strategies to move claims to resolution which includes Wells Fargo policy interpretation, job modification and benefit coordination. This position involves exposure to sensitive information and requires considerable use of tact, discretion and confidentiality.
- Analyze qualitative or quantitative data for the possibility of loss and the potential impact to the program and company.
- Provide education, mentoring and training throughout consultative interactions with parties involved such as employees, managers, human resources, legal etc. This position serves as a liaison throughout the workers’ compensation process.
- Manage deliverables while leveraging solid understanding of claims management procedures, programs and related systems
- Effectively communicate and collaborate with all involved parties internally and externally to facilitate timely and appropriate claims resolutions.
- May lead projects and parts of program and provide guidance to other Workers’ Compensation consultants in the department.
Required Qualifications, US:
- 4+ years of workers' compensation experience, or equivalent demonstrated through one or a combination of the following: work experience, training, military experience, education at an employer, broker, third party claim administrator or insurance company.
- BS/BA degree
- Proven experience managing complex Workers’ Compensation claims involving time lost from work and coordination of benefits in a risk management department, insurance company, TPA or broker.
- Knowledge of FMLA, ADA, Medical Terminology, and ability to read/interpret legal verbiage
- Experience relationship building across multiple lines of business with strong collaboration and partnering skills.
- Highly skilled in professional verbal and written communications
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including those related to conflict resolution
- Ability to organize and manage multiple priorities and work effectively independently as well as part of a team
- Strong negotiation and leadership abilities and articulating complex issues and workable strategies.
- Experience with claim mediation settlements and providing oversight to TPA’s.
We Value Diversity
At Wells Fargo, we believe in diversity, equity and inclusion in the workplace; accordingly, we welcome applications for employment from all qualified candidates, regardless of race, color, gender, national origin, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, individuals with disabilities, pregnancy, marital status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.
Employees support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company. They are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following and adhering to applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit’s risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in US: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in Canada: Applications for employment are encouraged from all qualified candidates, including women, persons with disabilities, aboriginal peoples and visible minorities. Accommodation for applicants with disabilities is available upon request in connection with the recruitment process.
Drug and Alcohol Policy
Wells Fargo maintains a drug free workplace. Please see our Drug and Alcohol Policy to learn more.