Small Business Banker - Foster City
Why Wells Fargo:
Are you ready for the next step in your career? This is where it begins – at a company known for our “Well Life” approach to supporting employees’ career aspirations, work-life balance, and mental and physical health. We ranked #2 on the 2023 LinkedIn Top Companies list – and #1 among financial services companies – as the best workplace “to grow your career” in the U.S. We’re especially proud of our tangible, meaningful commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion in the workplace. When it comes to employees’ financial health, we offer competitive salaries and generous benefits package. Apply today.
About this role:
Wells Fargo is seeking a Branch Small Business Banker (SAFE) in Consumer and Small Business Banking, as part of Branch Banking. Learn more about the career areas and business divisions at wellsfargojobs.com.
In this role you will:
- Act as the primary relationship manager for a portfolio of small business customers with annual gross sales between $100k and $1MM in an assigned territory using customer relationship management tools and systems and coordinate efforts with partners across the bank
- Work proactively to build and grow relationships with new customers and engage with existing customers by asking questions to learn about their financial needs, understanding their goals, and sharing how Wells Fargo can help them through proactive outreach, phone or in-person visits, plan and execute appointments
- Participate in community organizations and build relationships with centers of influence
- Create relationships with branch employees by making introductions to appropriate partners to help meet customers’ broader financial needs, complete service requests, and resolve customer concerns by following resolution protocol
- Engage with customers in all phases of the business life cycle while following policies and leveraging product knowledge, conduct needs based conversations identifying credit, deposit and servicing processing needs of customers, explain, and demonstrate self-service mobile options to customers
- Serve as a leader in managing risk; understand and manage risks in the business, adhere to policies, procedures & controls and ensure compliance with applicable laws, rules & regulations
- 2+ years of branch small business banking experience, or equivalent demonstrated through one or a combination of the following: work experience, training, military experience, education
- 1+ year of experience managing a dedicated book of small business customers across assigned territory
- Knowledge and understanding of book of business
- Experience using strong business acumen to provide financial services consultation to small business customers
- Extensive knowledge and understanding of bank lending programs, credit policies, and specialty products
- Customer service focus with experience handling complex transactions across multiple systems
- Experience building and maintaining effective relationships with customers and internal partners
- Proficient with proactively sourcing, acquiring, building, and maintaining relationships with customers and colleagues
- Knowledge and understanding of retail compliance controls, risk management, and loss prevention
- Ability to educate and connect customer to technology and share the value of mobile banking options
- Ability to interact with integrity and professionalism with customers and employees
- High motivation with ability to successfully meet team objectives while maintaining individual performance
- Experience mentoring and peer-coaching others
- Ability to manage expectations and conduct follow-ups with customers and Wells Fargo partners
- Relevant military experience including working with military protocol and instructions, enlisted evaluations, officer/leadership reporting
- Relevant military experience including working in personnel benefits management, processing military personnel orders or transitions, wartime readiness operations, human resources or military recruiting
- This position requires SAFE registration at the time of employment. Wells Fargo will initiate the SAFE registration process immediately after your employment start date. The Nationwide Mortgage Licensing System (NMLS) website (http://fedregistry.nationwidelicensingsystem.org ) provides the MU4R questions and registration required for employment in this position
- Individuals in Loan Originator (LO) positions must meet the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau qualification requirements and comply with related Wells Fargo policies. The LO qualification requirements include meeting applicable financial responsibility, character, general financial fitness and criminal background standards
- A current credit report will be used to assess your financial responsibility and credit fitness, however, a credit score is not included as part of the evaluation. Successful candidates must also meet ongoing regulatory requirements including additional screening, if necessary
- This position is not eligible for Visa sponsorship
Pay Range$26.83 - $40.19
Wells Fargo provides all eligible full- and part-time employees with a comprehensive set of benefits designed to protect their physical and financial health and to help them make the most of their financial future. Visit Benefits - Wells Fargo Careers for an overview of the following benefit plans and programs offered to employees.
- 401(k) Plan
- Paid Time Off
- Parental Leave
- Critical Caregiving Leave
- Discounts and Savings
- Health Benefits
- Commuter Benefits
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Scholarships for dependent children
- Adoption Reimbursement
We Value Diversity
At Wells Fargo, we believe in diversity, equity and inclusion in the workplace; accordingly, we welcome applications for employment from all qualified candidates, regardless of race, color, gender, national origin, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, individuals with disabilities, pregnancy, marital status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.
Employees support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company. They are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following and adhering to applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit’s risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in US: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Drug and Alcohol Policy
Wells Fargo maintains a drug free workplace. Please see our Drug and Alcohol Policy to learn more.