Business Support Associate SC-6, Odesa, Ukraine (Re-Advertised)
World Food Programme
Career Opportunities: Business Support Associate | SC-6 |
Odessa | One year (Re-Advertised)
🚩 Vacancy Announcement n°: 178570
📢 Job Title: Business Support Associate
📌Type of Contract: Service Contract
➡️ Unit / Division: Administration Unit / WFP Ukraine
📍 Duty Station: Odessa
➡️ Duration: 12 months (renewable)
⏰ Closing date: 25 May 2023, midnight (Ukraine Time)
The United Nations World Food Programme is the world's largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide. The mission of WFP is to help the world achieve Zero Hunger in our lifetimes. Every day, WFP works worldwide to ensure that no child goes to bed hungry and that the poorest and most vulnerable, particularly women and children, can access the nutritious food they need.
To learn more about WFP, visit our website and follow us on social media to keep up with our latest news: LinkedIn, Instagram, Facebook, Twitter
What will you do in this position?
To coordinate and control a range of business support services and to ensure that services are delivered effectively.
Why work with us?
The war in Ukraine has left an estimated one in three families without enough food, rising to one in two in some areas of the East and South. More than 6 million Ukrainians have been internally displaced and more than 6 million have left the country. Many of those who remain have lost their livelihoods, especially in areas close to the front lines. Millions who fled their homes to the country’s West are preparing for long-term internal displacement. Many who have returned to liberated areas around the capital, Kyiv, are struggling to rebuild their lives, having run out of money or found their homes reduced to rubble.
WFP is quickly scaling up to support 4.7 million people per month inside Ukraine, using a flexible mix of food and cash assistance. We support people wherever they are, including in areas close to the front line.
In addition, we offer:
➡️ Meaningful and impactful careers: Our day-to-day work makes a difference in the lives of the people we serve
➡️ Continuous learning and training: We provide learning tools for our staff to continually develop their careers
➡️ Multicultural and stimulating work environment: We encourage gender and cultural diversity to make our teams stronger
Join us to make a difference in Ukraine, watch this video to know more about us!!
How can you make a difference?
In this position you will have to:
- Act as a focal point for making all arrangements for official missions and delegations. This will be done through coordination with different units in the office, such as administration, program, and security unit.
- Prepare and/or consolidate comprehensive reports, documentation, correspondence, briefing notes.
- Revise and review correspondence and documentation, providing feedback and making amendments where appropriate, to contribute to production of these materials to time and quality standards.
- Provide a set of standard business support services to staff to contribute to the effective functioning of business operations. An example of a business support service is making travel arrangements by following a standard procedure. Respond to business support queries in order to provide a timely and accurate resolution.
- Act as an HR focal point for the office and maintain confidential records such as attendance sheets, staff contract details and follow-up on activities such as contract renewals.
- Undertake on-boarding of new staff members in compliance with relevant processes and procedures.
- Assist in creating simple images or information using standardized templates, such as graphs or tables to support the drafting of reports for staff.
- Proofread written documents, such as standard reports and correspondence, to contribute to the accuracy of written information developed by staff.
- Assist managers in various tasks such as planning and monitoring of budgets and other activities.
- Actively seek and use feedback to improve business processes and procedures.
- Oversee the maintenance of records and databases to ensure information is organized and readily available for staff and compliant with all relevant regulations and policies.
- Assess and recommend improvements to procedures and practices, to contribute to the effective delivery of business support services.
- Provide advice, support and/or training to junior support staff in the provision of business support services, in order to support their learning in providing business support.
- Any other duties as required.
To join us in saving lives, changing lives, you will need to have...
Education: Completion of secondary school education or Diploma in related field. A university degree in relevant field will be an added asset.
Experience: Six (6) or more years of progressively responsible work experience in a relevant field with experience in general administrative work.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Good Communication Skills: Ability to provide short briefings and communications clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing. Ability to engage effectively at field level with a wide range of actors including those in the international humanitarian community and governments.
- Working in a team: Ability to work within a team setting and working well with other team members to realize a collective objective.
- Work under pressure: Ability to multi-task and respond simultaneously and in a timely fashion to demanding job requirements under high pressure environments.
- Knowledge of commonly used Applications: Ability to effectively use commonly used office software applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook etc.). Skills in data management would be added advantage
Language: Fluency (level C) in English and Ukrainian languages.
Before you apply...
WFP seeks candidates of the highest integrity and professionalism who share our humanitarian principles. Selection of staff is made on a competitive basis, and we are committed to promoting an inclusive work environment in which diversity is valued and where no form of discrimination is tolerated. We aim to achieve parity in our teams in Ukraine. Qualified female applicants are especially encouraged to apply. CV and cover letter must be submitted in the English language.
All employment decisions are made on the basis of organizational needs, job requirements, merit, and individual qualifications. WFP is committed to providing an inclusive work environment free of sexual exploitation and abuse, all forms of discrimination, any kind of harassment, sexual harassment, and abuse of authority. Therefore, all selected candidates will undergo rigorous reference and background checks.
No appointment under any kind of contract will be offered to members of the UN Advisory Committee on Administrative and Budgetary Questions (ACABQ), International Civil Service Commission (ICSC), FAO Finance Committee, WFP External Auditor, WFP Audit Committee, Joint Inspection Unit (JIU) and other similar bodies within the United Nations system with oversight responsibilities over WFP, both during their service and within three years of ceasing that service.
Something looks off?