Risk and Compliance System Service Manager P3, Rome, Italy
World Food Programme
WFP celebrates and embraces diversity. It is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all its employees. We encourages qualified candidates to apply irrespective of race, colour, national origin, ethnic or social background, genetic information, gender, gender identity and/or expression, sexual orientation, religion or belief, HIV status or disability.
Are you a System Service Manager interested in further developing your professional experience while contributing to ending global hunger? Are you passionate about helping those in need? Would you like to join a global organisation investing in its people?
If so, an exciting & fulfilling career awaits you!!! Join our diverse and passionate team that works on varied and international projects directly contributing to saving & changing millions of lives around the globe.
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS
Applications must be submitted by Sunday, 4th June 2023 (11:59 PM CET).
WHO WE ARE
The United Nations World Food Programme (WFP), a highly prestigious, reputable & world’s largest humanitarian organization, operating in more than 120 countries and territories, bringing life-saving assistance in emergencies, building pathways to peace, stability and prosperity for people recovering from conflict, disasters and the impact of climate change and supporting sustainable and resilient livelihoods for a world with zero hunger.
At WFP, people are at the heart of everything we do and the vision of the future WFP workforce is one of diverse, committed, skilled, and high performing teams, selected on merit, operating in a healthy and inclusive work environment, living WFP's values (Integrity, Collaboration, Commitment, Humanity, and Inclusion) and working with partners to save and change the lives of those WFP serves.
To learn more about WFP, visit our website: https://www.wfp.org/ and follow us on social media to keep up with our latest news: YouTube, LinkedIn, Instagram, Facebook, Twitter.
WHY JOIN US?
- WFP is a 2020 Nobel Peace Prize Laureate %
- WFP offers a highly inclusive, diverse and multicultural working environment.
- WFP invests in the personal & professional development of its employees through a range of trainings, accreditation, coaching, mentorship and other programs as well as through internal mobility opportunities.
- A career path in WFP provides an exciting opportunity to work across various country, regional and global offices around the world, and with passionate colleagues who work tirelessly to ensure that effective humanitarian assistance reaches millions of people across the globe.
- We offer attractive compensation package (please refer to Terms and Conditions section).
Established in September 2017, the Risk Management Division (RMD) aims to strengthen, embed and achieve continuous improvements in risk management, internal control and compliance, oversight reporting, anti-fraud & anti-corruption measures and donor review management throughout WFP, and organizational learning in these areas, in line with WFP’s 2018 Enterprise Risk Management Policy and the 2021 Revised Anti-Fraud and Anti-Corruption Policy. RMD also provides functional leadership to a network of Risk Officers in Regional Bureaux and higher risk Country Offices and AFAC Specialists located in Regional Bureaux.
The Risk Systems Branch within RMD is responsible for managing the implementation of the Risk and Recommendation Tool (R2)—a platform providing an integrated digital solution for risk assurance and oversight recommendation management across WFP.
The Risk and Compliance System Service Manager will provide support to the R2 team in the project and service management areas for the R2 platform implementation and rollouts. This recruitment will help the organization in effectively managing risks, assurance, and oversight recommendation management.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES (not all-inclusive)
1. Service Management:
- Ensure the effective provision of R2 services in line with service requirements and SLAs, maintain the service catalogue, and drive continuous service improvements to ensure customer satisfaction.
- Monitor risks to the effective provision of R2 services.
- Ensure effective system monitoring is in place covering the four areas of: System Performance, Server Landscape, Cybersecurity, and Disaster Recovery
- Analyse and fully document system bugs and issues and escalate to vendor platform as 2nd line of support.
- Test and approve bug fixes maintaining documentation of testing in coordination with delivery manager.
- Ensure continuous business feedback and business need escalation.
- Approve the delivery of patches to training and production environments.
- Ensure that R2 users are updated on changes, maintenance windows and other product news.
- Work closely with key stakeholders from the business to understand and prioritize feature requests and initiatives in R2 and integrating systems and reporting tools.
- Channel and analyse customer issues and requests.
- Maintain in-depth understanding of system functionality and integrations from the perspective of both business purpose and impact.
- Oversee cut-over activities in close collaboration with the team.
- Manage the day-to-day relationship with R2 vendor product support team.
- Provide reports and KPIs to highlight vendor performance.
2. Data Migration and Pipelines:
- Work with Stakeholders to understand and define their data migration requirements
- Ensure Stakeholders have the knowledge and skill to prepare the relevant data for migration
- Execute data migration with full validation of migrated data.
- Monitor the relevant data and reporting pipelines - identifying issues and escalating as necessary.
3. Product Enhancements:
- Coordinate with the rest of the R2 team in order to deliver, in-line with Standard Operating Procedures (SOP), enhancements and minor changes to the R2 platform.
- Work with technical resources to maintain platform health and look for continuous improvement options.
QUALIFICATIONS AND KEY REQUIREMENTS
- Advanced University degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or Engineering, or First University Degree with additional years of related professional work experience and/or training/courses.
- Five years of postgraduate relevant experience in similar digital implementation projects, with preferably experience in an international context.
- Experience in project management and service management.
- Experience leading teams and navigating in a large, complex and matrix corporate environment.
- Strong organizational development experience.
- Fluency (level C) in English language.
- Intermediate knowledge (level B) of a second official UN language: Arabic, Chinese, French, Russian, Spanish, and/or Portuguese (A WFP’s working language) would be an asset.
MORE ABOUT YOU
- Ability to work and deliver results within a highly complex organizational environment (i.e. with diverse team, matrix structure, highly evolving operational context and staff working hardship locations) and to plan and prioritize.
- Knowledge of risk management solutions, knowledge of MetricStream is preferable.
- Strong business acumen.
- Good communication skills and understanding of working with different cultures.
- WFP and/or UN system experience desirable.
WFP LEADERSHIP FRAMEWORK
These are the common standards of behaviour that guide HOW we work together to accomplish our mission.
|Leads by Example with Integrity||Drives Results and Delivers on Commitments||Fosters Inclusive and Collaborative Teamwork||Applies Strategic Thinking||Builds and Maintains Sustainable Partnerships|
Lives the WFP values and shows humanity and integrity by role modelling care for others
Delivers on commitments and adapts readily to change
Is inclusive and collaborative, and contributes to a culture of learning and personal growth
Demonstrates commitment to gather perspectives, analyse options and risks, and propose new ways of doing things
Builds and nurtures external partnerships and collaborates with partners to deliver common objectives
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
This is an International Professional position and is open to all nationalities.
A Limited Fixed-Term Appointment (LFT) position is a non-mobile staff appointment in the international professional category for a limited period for up to 2 years. Incumbents of LFT positions are not eligible to apply for other mobile positions advertised internally through the Reassignment.
WFP offers an attractive compensation and benefits package in line with ICSC standards http://icsc.un.orgincluding basic salary, post adjustment, relocation entitlement, visa, travel and shipment allowances, 30 days’ annual leave, home leave, an education grant for dependent children, a pension plan, and medical insurance.
The selected candidate will be required to relocate to Rome, Italy to take up this assignment.
REMINDERS BEFORE YOU SUBMIT YOUR APPLICATION
We strongly recommend that your profile is accurate, complete and includes your employment records, academic qualifications, language skills and UN Grade (if applicable)
Once your profile is completed, please apply, and submit your application
Please make sure you upload your professional CV in the English language
Kindly note the only documents you will need to submit at this time are your CV and Cover Letter
Additional documents such as passport, recommendation letters, academic certificates, etc. may potentially be requested at a future time
Only shortlisted candidates will be notified
WFP has a zero-tolerance approach to conduct such as fraud, sexual exploitation and abuse, sexual harassment, abuse of authority and discrimination. All selected candidates will be expected to adhere to WFP’s standards of conduct and will therefore undergo rigorous background verification internally or through third parties. Selected candidates will also be required to provide additional information as part of the verification exercise. Misrepresentation of information provided during the recruitment process may lead to disqualification or termination of employment
WFP will not request payment at any stage of the recruitment process including at the offer stage. Any requests for payment should be refused and reported to local law enforcement authorities for appropriate action.
Something looks off?