Head of UN Mobility P3, MSDD, Rome, Italy
World Food Programme
WFP celebrates and embraces diversity. It is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all its employees. We encourage qualified candidates to apply irrespective of race, colour, national origin, ethnic or social background, genetic information, gender, gender identity and/or expression, sexual orientation, religion or belief, HIV status or disability.
Are you a seasoned leader with experience in leading multi-stakeholders and multi-organizational teams? Are you interested in further developing your professional experience while contributing to ending global hunger? Are you passionate about helping those in need? Would you like to join a global organisation investing in its people?
If so, an exciting & fulfilling career awaits you!!! Join our diverse and passionate team that works on varied and international projects directly contributing to saving & changing millions of lives around the globe.
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS
Applications must be submitted by Sunday, June 4th 2023 (11:59 PM CET).
WHO WE ARE
The United Nations World Food Programme (WFP), a highly prestigious, reputable & world’s largest humanitarian organization, operating in more than 120 countries and territories, bringing life-saving assistance in emergencies, building pathways to peace, stability and prosperity for people recovering from conflict, disasters and the impact of climate change and supporting sustainable and resilient livelihoods for a world with zero hunger.
At WFP, people are at the heart of everything we do and the vision of the future WFP workforce is one of diverse, committed, skilled, and high performing teams, selected on merit, operating in a healthy and inclusive work environment, living WFP's values (Integrity, Collaboration, Commitment, Humanity, and Inclusion) and working with partners to save and change the lives of those WFP serves.
To learn more about WFP, visit our website: https://www.wfp.org/ and follow us on social media to keep up with our latest news: YouTube, LinkedIn, Instagram, Facebook, Twitter.
WHY JOIN US?
- WFP is a 2020 Nobel Peace Prize Laureate
- WFP offers a highly inclusive, diverse and multicultural working environment.
- WFP invests in the personal & professional development of its employees through a range of trainings, accreditation, coaching, mentorship and other programs as well as through internal mobility opportunities.
- A career path in WFP provides an exciting opportunity to work across various country, regional and global offices around the world, and with passionate colleagues who work tirelessly to ensure that effective humanitarian assistance reaches millions of people across the globe.
- We offer attractive compensation package (please refer to Terms and Conditions section).
The Head of the UN Mobility unit is located in HQ and reports to the Chief of Business Development and Digital Transformation within the Management Services Division. The job holder is mandated to support central operations of the UN Booking Hub, the WFP Global Shared Service (GSS) for inter-agency collaboration in the areas of passenger mobility and carpooling services provisioned for field operations. The job holder is also mandated to maintain satisfied partnerships with UN Agencies using UN Mobility as either service recipients or providers.
This role requires business analysis, modelling and development skills, relationships management, client orientation, strategic and operative communications, planning and organizing, digital transformation savviness, innovation mind-set and change management drive.
The Head of UN Mobility will operate the UN Mobility service of WFP Global Shared Service ensuring customer satisfaction of both staff booking services and Agencies administrators managing the service provision to ensure adoption of WFP service provision in line with the Service Agreement contractual obligations. Moreover the Head of UN Mobility will onboard new partners of the UN Mobility service ensuring smooth adoption of digital transformed processes and satisfactorily delivery for fleet and mobility managers, drivers, management and passengers.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES (not all-inclusive)
Within delegated authority, the Head of UN Mobility P3 will be responsible for the following duties:
- Manage the implementation of the UN Mobility service, MSD Global Shared Service, across WFP country operations and UN Agencies as part of WFP’s leading of the UN Reform leveraging on the extensive network of existing collaborations in passenger mobility and UN bodies.
- Streamline passenger transportation management in the UN system and contribute to the development of innovative solutions in the area of passenger mobility.
- Implement carpooling operations by supporting WFP field offices, UN Agencies and humanitarian partners in jointly offering spare vehicles and drivers’ capacity to maximise efficiencies and contribute to environmental sustainability.
- Streamline ridesharing as a major operational modality to reduce redundant trips, increase utilization rate and minimize environmental impact of UN Mobility services.
- Build productive partnerships with WFP stakeholders, other UN agencies and the humanitarian community to promote digital transformation of mobility services and the efficient use of carpooling.
- Manage existing Service Level Agreements with the aim of enforcing Mutual Recognition to introduce common service policies and general guidance.
- Manage cost recovery of the UN Mobility services in line with existing Service Level Agreements and the Pricing and Costing Principles of BIG/UN Reform.
- Apply solid knowledge of mobility best practice, operational modalities and change management to manage optimization across the entire organization and drive technological and process improvements to contribute to positioning WFP as a pioneer in mobility services.
- Contribute to MSDD customer-centric culture in order to enhance customer satisfaction in line with BIG/UN Reform Customer Satisfaction Principle.
- Collaborate with other branches in MSD and divisions in WFP to share business development, common platforms, and innovative ways of working.
- Support performance improvement and informed decision making through the provision of reporting and analysis capabilities.
- Provide guidance to the unit team as well as performance management to promote teamwork, a clint-centric mindset and excellence in service delivery
QUALIFICATIONS & KEY REQUIREMENTS
- Advanced University Degree (Master's Degree or equivalent) in Business/Public Administration, Engineering, or other relevant field relating to office management and administration, or other relevant fields, or Bachelor’s degree with additional years of experience.
- At least 5 years or more of postgraduate professional experience
- Proven experience of leading multi-stakeholders, multi-organizational/Agency teams for common results of mass market services with a large user base;
- Proven partnerships advocacy, creation and management
- At least 5 years of experience in digital management, effective user experience, process digital transformation, and digital change management;
- At least 5 years of experience in customer relationship management including customer satisfaction governance, tools and tracking;
- Experience with the United Nations system/humanitarian partners with capabilities of leading inter-agency task teams/working groups, an asset;
- Proven ability to successfully operate within the different geographic and cultural contexts in which WFP operates;
- Previous experience in working within the UN system and particularly with the UN Reform governing bodies is a strong asset.
- Proficiency in writing and verbal communication in English is required.
- Intermediate knowledge (level B) of a second official UN language: Arabic, Chinese, French, Russian, Spanish, and/or Portuguese (A WFP’s working language).
MORE ABOUT YOU
- Extensive knowledge of passenger mobility and carpooling services in private/public organizations with the responsibility of managing several concurrent critical transformational initiatives;
- Strong marketing and communication skills to foster consensus on innovative services portfolio strategy;
- Proven interpersonal skills and the ability to foster relationships and influence decision-makers;
- Extensive client orientation and user need based analysis to foster a client-minded culture;
- Cross-functional knowledge of operations, a problem-solving mindset, superior information analysis skills, presentation and reporting skills;
- Comprehensive skills in business data analysis and setting KPIs for continuous iterative exploration and investigation of past business performances to gain insights to drive business planning;
- Proven ability to coordinate and effectively communicate across multiple units and departments (including headquarters, regional, and country office levels);
- Ability to work with multicultural teams of different backgrounds and expertise, to deliver as one toward common operational goals;
- Relevant experience in the UN system and/or international development sector is a strong asset;
- Prior experience of UN Reform will be highly regarded.
WFP LEADERSHIP FRAMEWORK
These are the common standards of behaviour that guide HOW we work together to accomplish our mission.
|Leads by Example with Integrity||Drives Results and Delivers on Commitments||Fosters Inclusive and Collaborative Teamwork||Applies Strategic Thinking||Builds and Maintains Sustainable Partnerships|
Lives the WFP values and shows humanity and integrity by role modelling care for others
Delivers on commitments and adapts readily to change
Is inclusive and collaborative, and contributes to a culture of learning and personal growth
Demonstrates commitment to gather perspectives, analyse options and risks, and propose new ways of doing things
Builds and nurtures external partnerships and collaborates with partners to deliver common objectives
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
This is an International Professional position and is open to all nationalities.
Mobility is and continues to be a core contractual requirement in WFP. This position is however classified as “non-rotational” which means the incumbent shall not be subject to the regular reassignment process unless the position is reclassified as rotational. The selected candidate will be employed on a fixed-term contract with a probationary period of one year.
WFP offers an attractive compensation and benefits package in line with ICSC standards http://icsc.un.orgincluding basic salary, post adjustment, relocation entitlement, visa, travel and shipment allowances, 30 days’ annual leave, home leave, an education grant for dependent children, a pension plan, and medical insurance.
The selected candidate will be required to relocate to Rome, Italy to take up this assignment.
REMINDERS BEFORE YOU SUBMIT YOUR APPLICATION
- We strongly recommend that your profile is accurate, complete and includes your employment records, academic qualifications, language skills and UN Grade (if applicable)
- Once your profile is completed, please apply, and submit your application
- Please make sure you upload your professional CV in the English language
- Kindly note the only documents you will need to submit at this time are your CV and Cover Letter
- Additional documents such as passport, recommendation letters, academic certificates, etc. may potentially be requested at a future time
- Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org in case you face any challenges with submitting your application
- Only shortlisted candidates will be notified
WFP has a zero-tolerance approach to conduct such as fraud, sexual exploitation and abuse, sexual harassment, abuse of authority and discrimination. All selected candidates will be expected to adhere to WFP’s standards of conduct and will therefore undergo rigorous background verification internally or through third parties. Selected candidates will also be required to provide additional information as part of the verification exercise. Misrepresentation of information provided during the recruitment process may lead to disqualification or termination of employment
WFP will not request payment at any stage of the recruitment process including at the offer stage. Any requests for payment should be refused and reported to local law enforcement authorities for appropriate action.
Something looks off?