Data Analyst Consultant
World Food Programme
WFP celebrates and embraces diversity. It is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all its employees and encourages qualified candidates to apply irrespective of race, colour, national origin, ethnic or social background, genetic information, gender, gender identity and/or expression, sexual orientation, religion or belief, HIV status or disability.
The United Nations World Food Programme is the world's largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide. The mission of WFP is to help the world achieve Zero Hunger in our lifetimes. Every day, WFP works worldwide to ensure that no child goes to bed hungry and that the poorest and most vulnerable, particularly women and children, can access the nutritious food they need.
BACKGROUND AND PURPOSE OF THE ASSIGNMENT:
The United Nations World Food Programme (WFP) is the world's largest humanitarian agency, fighting hunger worldwide to achieve its overall goal of eradicating global hunger and achieving food security for all.
We are seeking to fill a consultancy position of Data Analyst to be part of the Data team in the Corporate Planning and Performance (CPP) Division, under the general supervision of the Chief CPPI, Data and Insights branch, based at our Headquarters in Rome, Italy. The CPP Division establishes standards, products, and services to ensure accountable planning, budgeting, and performance reporting function in WFP.
The Data Analyst Consultant will support the WFP CPPI in generating and communicating data-driven analyses and insights using optimization techniques. The Data Analyst Consultant will work closely with other WFP staff to analyze data, develop models, and generate insights that inform the Planning, Budgeting, and Performance Reporting (PBR) processes.
• Locate and define new data analysis process improvement opportunities
• Develop and implement various analysis, reporting, and quality control capabilities
• Analyze and interpret complex data sets to identify patterns, and trends, simulate what-if scenarios and insights that inform PBR processes for decision-making
• Develop and apply statistical models, optimization algorithms, using machine learning techniques, and other data-driven techniques to identify relevant features and variables in structured and unstructured sources of information and data
• Provide technical guidance and support to WFP staff on data analysis, modeling, and data literacy to ensure that data and analysis are used by the community managed by CPP.
• Communicate findings and insights to a range of audiences, including WFP staff, partners, and other stakeholders, using clear and compelling data visualization and reporting techniques.
• Collaborate with Data Engineers, Scientists, and other data-focused specialists
DELIVERABLES AT THE END OF THE CONTRACT:
• Data analysis and modeling reports that provide insights and recommendations for the Planning, Budgeting, and Performance Reporting processes coordinated by the CPP division.
• Data turned into information, information into insight and insight into business decisions. Through a range of data-driven products, the Data Analyst helps colleagues identify and communicate facts, trends, and patterns to support evidence-based decision-making.
• Optimization algorithms and other data-driven tools and techniques such as predictive analysis applied to use cases.
• Technical guidance and support to WFP staff, partners, and stakeholders on data analysis, modeling, and optimization.
• Communication and reporting materials that effectively communicate findings and insights to a range of audiences, including WFP staff, partners, and other stakeholders.
• Performed other duties as required.
DESIRED EXPERIENCES FOR ENTRY INTO THE ROLE
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
Education: Advanced university degree (Master’s degree or equivalent) in computer science, data science, analytics, statistics, information management.
Experience: A minimum of seven years of progressively responsible experience in applied analytics, business intelligence, information management, statistics, project management, stakeholder management or related area is required, preferably in the context of international development or humanitarian assistance;
• Excellent analytical skills with the ability to collect, organize, manage, and disseminate significant amounts of information with attention to detail and accuracy.
• Demonstrated expertise in statistical modelling, optimization algorithms, and other data-driven techniques, such as machine learning and predictive analytics.
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, able to interpret and analyse complex data sets and generate insights that inform decision-making.
• Excellent communication skills, with the ability to communicate complex data and analysis to a range of audiences using clear and compelling data visualization and reporting techniques.
Knowledge & Skills:
• Strong project management and collaboration skills, with the ability to work effectively with multi-disciplinary teams.
• Technical knowledge and understanding of data architecture complexity.
• Considerable experience working with a broad range of data collection, data mining, data discovery, ETL, and data cleansing.
• Experience with self-service analytics and data visualization applications (MS PowerBI, Qlik, Tableau or similar), or business intelligence tools (SAP Business Objects, etc.) is required. Experience with Palantir Foundry is a plus.
• Experience in using the programming language: python or SQL (experience with R is a plus).
• Apply an analytical approach with attention to detail. Consistently demonstrate problem-solving perspective.
• Motivated to deliver. Can work independently to set objectives, quality standards, and deadlines.
• Agile/change orientated. Demonstrate the ability to anticipate future complications.
• Plans work for self and others to deliver within agreed scope, activities, and deadlines.
Fluency in English; Intermediate level of one or more of the following official languages: French, Spanish, Arabic, Chinese, Russian and Portuguese, is desirable.
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS
Deadline: 26 May 2023 midnight Rome tome
Reference: VA no. 827125
WFP has a zero-tolerance approach to conduct such as fraud, sexual exploitation and abuse, sexual harassment, abuse of authority and discrimination. All selected candidates will be expected to adhere to WFP’s standards of conduct and will therefore undergo rigorous background verification internally or through third parties. Selected candidates will also be required to provide additional information as part of the verification exercise. Misrepresentation of information provided during the recruitment process may lead to disqualification or termination of employment
WFP will not request payment at any stage of the recruitment process including at the offer stage. Any requests for payment should be refused and reported to local law enforcement authorities for appropriate action.
Something looks off?