World Food Programme
WFP celebrates and embraces diversity. It is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all its employees and encourages qualified candidates to apply irrespective of race, colour, national origin, ethnic or social background, genetic information, gender, gender identity and/or expression, sexual orientation, religion or belief, HIV status or disability.
The United Nations World Food Programme is the world's largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide. The mission of WFP is to help the world achieve Zero Hunger in our lifetimes. Every day, WFP works worldwide to ensure that no child goes to bed hungry and that the poorest and most vulnerable, particularly women and children, can access the nutritious food they need.
BACKGROUND AND PURPOSE OF THE ASSIGNMENT:
The United Nation’s World Food Programme is the world’s largest humanitarian organization saving lives in emergencies and using food assistance to build a pathway to peace, stability and prosperity, for people recovering from conflict, disasters and the impact of climate change.
We are seeking to fill a consultancy Product Manager position in the Corporate Planning and Performance (CPP) Division. The CPP Division establishes standards, products, and services to ensure accountable planning, budgeting, and performance reporting function in WFP.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES/RESPONSIBILITIES (not all-inclusive)
The Product Manager will be part of CPP’s Digital Cell, Product and Systems (CPPD) branch and, under the supervision of Chief, CPPD, will be responsible for leading and coordinating product development and evolution efforts in close collaboration with other CPP business owners and corporate stakeholders.
Main responsibilities include:
• Define product development and evolution roadmaps, resources needed, and budgets required for the implementation of the solutions, including transition to support.
• Coordinate with business owners/focal points and manage teams composed of internal and external technical resources to develop products, that are fit for purpose, in a timely and efficient manner.
• Use appropriate project and product management methodologies and tools to ensure relevant teams and individuals are involved with the decision-making process, and that decisions are properly documented and communicated.
• Analyze gaps and challenges in existing processes, support systems, and tools, and collaborate with CPPD team members to propose solutions.
• Ensure developed solutions are coherent, consistent, fully integrated with the corporate application landscape, and aligned with CPP and corporate objectives.
• Coordinate with the Digital Cell data team to ensure full consistency and alignment of new products with the CPP and corporate data frameworks, including enriching such frameworks with new data points.
• Regularly report on progress, issues and risks associated with product roadmaps.
• Preparing briefings, presentations, papers, demos and walkthroughs on products, roadmaps, business processes, relevant technologies and methodologies.
• Regularly share experiences and lessons learnt with colleagues (e.g. through dedicated sessions, brown bags) to facilitate the work of other colleagues and to contribute improving the product development process.
DELIVERABLES AT THE END OF THE CONTRACT:
- Product roadmaps and backlogs developed and shared.
- Input to team’s workplans.
- Product briefings, presentations, papers, and demos prepared.
- Knowledge/lessons learnt shared.
- Solutions built and rolled out with proven value added to corporate and/or field processes.
- Regular progress reports shared.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
Education: University Degree in Business Administration, Data Management, Information management, Statistics, Communications or other related field of study.
Experience: Minimum 3 years post graduate progressively responsible professional experience (of which a minimum 2 year experience working within WFP). Experience managing people, budgets, and projects. Proven record of leadership and implementation of transformational ideas. Experience working in a busy analytical environment. Experience working with teams and team processes.
Knowledge & Skills: The candidate must demonstrate strong leadership and people management skills, project management skills, strong business & data analysis skills. Strong written and oral communication skills including substantive report writing skills. Ability to work in multi-cultural and multi-ethnic environments. Experience with agile methodology and working knowledge of DOTS.
Languages: Fluency in oral and written English.
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS
Deadline: 2 June 2023 midnight Rome time
Reference: VA no. 827147
Multiple positions available for this VA
WFP has a zero-tolerance approach to conduct such as fraud, sexual exploitation and abuse, sexual harassment, abuse of authority and discrimination. All selected candidates will be expected to adhere to WFP’s standards of conduct and will therefore undergo rigorous background verification internally or through third parties. Selected candidates will also be required to provide additional information as part of the verification exercise. Misrepresentation of information provided during the recruitment process may lead to disqualification or termination of employment
WFP will not request payment at any stage of the recruitment process including at the offer stage. Any requests for payment should be refused and reported to local law enforcement authorities for appropriate action.
Something looks off?