Programme Policy Officer (Digital Transformation) Level II, Accra, Ghana
World Food Programme
🚩 Vacancy Announcement n°: 826987
📢 Job Title: Programme Policy Officer (Digital Transformation) Accra, Ghana
✨ Contract type and Grade: Regular Consultant Level II
📧 Duration: 11 months (Renewable)
✅ Unit / Division: Programme Unit
📍 Duty Station: Accra, WFP Ghana Country Office
⏰ Closing date: 27th May 2023
WFP celebrates and embraces diversity. It is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all its employees and encourages qualified candidates to apply irrespective of race, colour, national origin, ethnic or social background, genetic information, gender, gender identity and/or expression, sexual orientation, religion or belief, HIV status or disability.
WFP seeks candidates of the highest integrity and professionalism who share our humanitarian principles. Selection of staff is made on a competitive basis, and we are committed to promoting diversity and gender balance. Female Candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
The United Nations World Food Programme (WFP), a highly prestigious, reputable & world’s largest humanitarian organization, operates in more than 120 countries and territories, bringing life-saving assistance in emergencies, building pathways to peace, stability, and prosperity for people recovering from conflict, disasters and the impact of climate change and supporting sustainable and resilient livelihoods for a world with zero hunger. At WFP, people are at the heart of everything we do, and the vision of the future WFP workforce is one of diverse, committed, skilled, and high-performing teams, selected on merit, operating in a healthy and inclusive work environment, living WFP's values (Integrity, Collaboration, Commitment, Humanity, and Inclusion) and working with partners to save and change the lives of those WFP serves.
, , , , .
BACKGROUND AND PURPOSE OF THE ASSIGNMENT:
The United Nations World Food Programme is the world's largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide. The mission of WFP is to help the world achieve Zero Hunger in our lifetimes. Every day, WFP works worldwide to ensure that no child goes to bed hungry and that the poorest and most vulnerable, particularly women and children, can access the nutritious food they need.
WFP is working with the Government of Ghana to accelerate the attainment its vision of self-reliance beyond aid, articulated in the Ghana Beyond Aid (GBA) and the Ghana COVID-19 Alleviation and Revitalization of Enterprises Support (Ghana CARES) Obaatanpa Programme. Through the Country Strategic Plan (2019 to 2023), WFP is supporting national development with an integrated food systems and nutrition programme which hinges on private sector participation in the prevention of malnutrition, transformation of agricultural value chains, strengthening of social protection programmes and strengthening early warning, disaster preparedness and response systems.
To further harness its collaboration with the Government of Ghana, the World Food Programme is preparing the second edition of its multi-year Country Strategic Plan (2G-CSP) from 2024 to 2028. Under the direct supervision of the Head of Research, Assessment and Monitoring, and in close coordination with Programme and Information Technology Units, the incumbent will provide support to the conceptualization, design, deployment, and monitoring of digital solutions including a Digital Loyalty Platform, as part of broader digital transformation framework of Ghana, geared towards promoting demand and supply for healthy diets and sustainable food systems.
- Conduct research on new technologies and digital solutions, manage their design, development, deployment, and monitoring, aligned with business needs ensuring compliance with WFP IT policies and procedures.
- Provide technical leadership to develop and manage a Digital Transformation Strategy for the CSP including a novel "Digital Loyalty Platform", in line with Ghana's Digital Transformation Agenda, and in close liaison with internal and external stakeholders (government, development partners, CSOs, private sector etc.).
- Communicate business objectives, requirements and process flows, to ensure common understanding and prioritization between stakeholders for their smooth implementation.
- Assist in the preparation of proposals, request for proposals (RFPs), strategic agreements, joint strategies and/or MOUs, taking into account corporate norms, processes, and external regulations.
- Test and perform in-depth analysis on digital solutions to ensure they address business objectives, needs, requirements, process flows, and intended results, efficiently and effectively.
- Produce detailed functional specifications for digital solution development and write and review documentation appropriate to the System Development Life Cycle for quality, accuracy and coverage of functionality.
- Liaise with relevant stakeholders, including application development and technical teams, to conceptualize and/or improve existing or develop new digital solutions through clear enhancement and implementation roadmaps, showcasing opportunities and features to maximize systems usability and efficiency.
- Provide technical expertise on digital solutions development, functionality, performance, aesthetics, resilience, and re-use, to strengthen the capacity of the digital solutions development team.
- Manage test scenarios and test cases, review unit testing for quality, accuracy and comprehensive coverage of both functionality and requirements.
- Continuously improve processes and procedures of Business Relationship Management, Business Analysis and Project Management functions.
- Manage estimates, business cases, planning, and risk identification and mitigation, to ensure the delivery of digital solutions in agreed time, budget, scope and quality.
- Support with advocacy efforts at different levels to raise awareness on digital solutions and deliver trainings to internal and external stakeholders on digital solutions, including the Digital Loyalty Platform.
- Other duties as required.
DELIVERABLES AT THE END OF THE CONTRACT
- Digital Transformation Strategy developed and rolled out
- Implementation and Enhancement Road maps developed and rolled out
- Business Process Models, Use Cases and User Testing undertaken
- Digital Solutions including Digital Loyalty Platform developed and rolled out
- Stakeholders engaged and managed, advocacy and sensitization supported, training materials developed and trainings on digital solutions delivered
- Advocacy and sensitization efforts supported
Advanced (master’s) degree in the field of Computer Science, Engineering, or other relevant fields, OR first university (bachelor's) degree (with additional years of relevant work experience and/or training/courses in the related functional area.
Minimum of five years of demonstrable experience in designing and deploying secured digital systems and solutions, and management of complex business requirements with proven track record to trace requirements throughout the solutions development lifecycle.
International Professional: Fluency (level C) in English language.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
This is a Regular Consultancy Contract. A Regular Consultancy Contract is offered for a maximum period of 11 months after which the consultant will proceed on one (1) month mandatory break-in- service and will have the contract renewed when his/her services is required and paid at the agreed monthly salary.
Deadline for application: 27th May 2023
WFP Value Proposition
- Meaningful and impactful careers - Our day-to-day work makes a difference in the lives of the people we serve.
- Continuous learning and training - We provide learning tools for our staff to continually develop their careers.
- Multicultural and stimulating working environment - We encourage gender and cultural diversity to make our teams stronger.
PLEASE READ THIS BEFORE YOU APPLY
- All employment decisions are made based on organisational needs, job requirements, merit and individual qualifications. WFP is committed to providing an inclusive work environment free of sexual exploitation and abuse, all forms of discrimination, any kind of harassment, sexual harassment, and abuse of authority. Therefore, all selected candidates will undergo rigorous reference and background checks.
- No appointment under any kind of contract will be offered to members of the UN Advisory Committee on Administrative and Budgetary Questions (ACABQ), International Civil Service Commission (ICSC), FAO Finance Committee, WFP External Auditor, WFP Audit Committee, Join Inspection Unit (JIU) and other similar bodies within the United Nations system with oversight responsibilities over WFP, both during their service and within three years of ceasing that service.
- Female applicants and qualified applicants from developing countries are especially encouraged to apply. WFP has zero tolerance for discrimination and does not discriminate on the basis of HIV/AIDS status.
- Selection of staff is made on a competitive basis, and we are committed to promoting diversity and gender balance
- WFP will not request payment at any stage of the recruitment process including at the offer stage. Any requests for payment should be refused and reported to local law enforcement authorities for appropriate action.
- WFP has a zero-tolerance approach to conduct such as fraud, sexual exploitation and abuse, sexual harassment, abuse of authority and discrimination.
- All selected candidates will be expected to adhere to WFP’s standards of conduct and will therefore undergo rigorous background verification internally or through third parties. Selected candidates will also be required to provide additional information as part of the verification exercise. Misrepresentation of information provided during the recruitment process may lead to disqualification or termination of employment.
Before you apply, please confirm that both (i) your on-line profile and CV are accurate and up to date, (ii) your CV should include your employment history, academic qualifications, and language skills.
Something looks off?