Programme Policy Officer Nutrition Food Tech_Fixed-Term NOA_Ambovombe
World Food Programme
PROGRAMME POLICY OFFICER NUTRITION FOOD TECH
DUTY STATION: AMBOVOMBE/MADAGASCAR
DURATION: ONE YEAR RENEWABLE UPON CONFIRMATION OF THE PROBATIONARY PERIOD
OPENING DATE: 16.05.2023
WFP celebrates and embraces diversity. It is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all its employees and encourages qualified candidates to apply irrespective of race, colour, national origin, ethnic or social background, genetic information, gender, gender identity and/or expression, sexual orientation, religion or belief, HIV status or disability.
The United Nations World Food Programme is the world's largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide. The mission of WFP is to help the world achieve Zero Hunger in our lifetimes. Every day, WFP works worldwide to ensure that no child goes to bed hungry and that the poorest and most vulnerable, particularly women and children, can access the nutritious food they need.
STANDARD MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
Education: Advanced University degree in nutrition, food science, food technology, food engineering or public health.
Experience : Minimum of 5 years of relevant work experience, preferably in food fortification, safety and quality
Languages: Excellent written and oral communication skills in French (level C). Intermediate knowledge of English (level B)
Job holders report directly to the local head of antenna and functionally to the head of nutrition. They are likely to be working under the close support and guidance of a more experienced professional staff member, receiving guidance and regular feedback on work performed. They are typically involved in programme or policy activities or similar nature and analytical work of limited complexity.
The Food Technologist will be responsible for coordinating the implementation of the support component for the local production of high nutritional value foods according to the different production schemes selected.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES (not all-inclusive)
- Support the establishment of an institutional framework to support the local production of high nutritional value foods in collaboration with all actors involved in the implementation of the nutrition policy in Madagascar
- Provide support to the actors of the production chain of fortified food supplements based on an industrial model with the targeted companies
- Support the implementation of a semi-industrial production model in the regions of Androy, Anosy, Atsimo Andrefana and Atsimo Atsinana
- Support the establishment of a quality control system to ensure compliance with quality norms and standards in the processed food production chain
- Support the implementation of an artisanal food production model with high nutritional value based on networks of women's groups and in connection with the agricultural production supported under the resilience program
- Support the development and implementation of a social marketing strategy to improve the demand and consumption of high nutritional value foods
- Document the process and develop a plan for consolidation and scaling up of the initiatives that will be put in place
- Other as required.
|Capability Name||Description of the behaviour expected for the proficiency level|
|Programme Lifecycle & Food Assistance||Demonstrates ability to identify key variables and contextual factors that affect food assistance problems and programmes throughout the lifecycle to inform quality programme design or re-design.|
|Transfer Modalities (Food, Cash, Voucher)||Demonstrates ability to analyse and consolidate quantitative and qualitative information from different sources (e.g., market studies) to inform transfer modality selection and programme development.|
|Broad Knowledge of Specialized areas (i.e. Nutrition, VAM, etc.)||Demonstrates the ability to interpret basic data in the context of WFP specialised fields to contribute to technical programme design, implementation and monitoring.|
|Emergency Programming||Displays capacity to provide inputs into the development, implementation and realignment of high quality emergency programmes.|
|Strategic Policy Engagement w/ Government||Develops thorough recommendations using multiple inputs (e.g., government counsel, research, own experience) to strengthen national or subnational entities and government owned food and nutrition security programmes.|
DESIRED EXPERIENCES FOR ENTRY INTO THE ROLE
- Has gained experience in implementing technical programs (i.e. nutrition, etc.).
- Has implemented programmes and provided input into designing operations.
- Has provided input into policy discussions and decisions.
- Has a work experience or/and lived in the intervention area.
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS
Deadline : May 31st, 2023
QUALIFIED FEMALE APPLICANTS ARE STRONGLY ENCOURAGED
QUALIFIED FEMALE APPLICANTS ARE STRONGLY ENCOURAGED.
WFP has a zero-tolerance approach to conduct such as fraud, sexual exploitation and abuse, sexual harassment, abuse of authority and discrimination. All selected candidates will be expected to adhere to WFP’s standards of conduct and will therefore undergo rigorous background verification internally or through third parties. Selected candidates will also be required to provide additional information as part of the verification exercise. Misrepresentation of information provided during the recruitment process may lead to disqualification or termination of employment
WFP will not request payment at any stage of the recruitment process including at the offer stage. Any requests for payment should be refused and reported to local law enforcement authorities for appropriate action.
Something looks off?