Business Support Assistant (Inventory Management & Admin Support) - SC4, Quetta
World Food Programme
WFP encourages female candidates and people with disabilities to apply.
WFP seeks candidates of the highest integrity and professionalism who share our humanitarian principles. Selection of staff is made on a competitive basis. We are committed to promoting diversity and the principle of equal employment opportunity for all our employees and encourages qualified candidates to apply irrespective of religion or belief, ethnic or social background, gender, gender identity and disability.
Job Title: Business Support Assistant (Inventory Management & Admin Support)
Type of contract: Service Contract
Salary: Starting at PKR 126,000 per month
Duration: 12 Months
Duty Station: Quetta
Vacancy Number: 827141
Date of Publication: 16 May 2023
Deadline of Application: 29 May 2023
This vacancy announcement is for Pakistani Nationals.
Note: This vacancy announcement will also be used to build a roster of prequalified applicants for future opportunities within same job profile at the current or lower level in Pakistan.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
WFP offers a competitive benefits package including salary, pension, leave plus a medical insurance.
Remote work may be possible depending upon the operational requirements of the Programme. Requests are assessed on a case-by-case basis, taking into account the personal circumstances of the requestor given the operational situation.
To deliver standard business support processes for a specific professional area of work related to Inventory Management, to facilitate effective service delivery
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES (not all-inclusive)
1. Gather information with clear direction to support the drafting of documents and preparing reports regarding inventory management and other administrative support.
2. Prepare & maintain inventory record of all items which are received and placed at each location.
3. Record all inventory movements for tracking.
4. Do the physical count of all inventory items and correct the record of its status.
5. Responsible for repair of maintenance of all inventory items and other minor building maintenance
6. Respond to queries related to inventory management & other admin support to escalate where appropriate, in order to provide timely and accurate service to clients.
7. Support processing and managing routine inventory management & other administrative tasks in various functional areas, to contribute to the effective and timely management of resources.
8. Prepare standard documents related to inventory management and other administrative matters, to contribute to the development of accurate documentation.
9. Take responsibility for the maintenance of set standard systems and files, to ensure information is accurate and readily available for the function.
10. Identify simple discrepancies in statistics and data, such as missing information, and report to senior staff to support clients to deliver their work in an effective and efficient manner.
11. Take responsibility for data integrity to facilitate availability of accurate information in corporate systems.
12. Work with a variety of individuals, taking on feedback where appropriate to assist in business support delivery for staff.
13. Any other duty assigned by supervisor / HoPO
STANDARD MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCES
Education: Completion of secondary school education and university degree in Business Administration, Public administration, management, accounting, commerce or closely related field.
Experience: Four or more years of progressively responsible work experience in the relative business stream with experience in general administrative work.
Knowledge & Skills:
• Proficient in the use of office equipment and computer software packages, such as Microsoft Word.
• Knowledge of work routines and methods in order to complete processes under minimal supervision.
• Uses tact and courtesy to give and receive information to a wide range of individuals.
• Ability to identify data discrepancies and rectify problems requiring attention.
• Ability to offer guidance or basic on-the-job training to more junior staff.
Language: General Service (Headquarters): Fluency (level C) in English language. Fluency (level C) or intermediate knowledge (level B) of another official language may be required depending on the location of the post or area of responsibility.
General Service (Field): Fluency in both oral and written communication in English and Urdu.
HOW TO APPLY
To be considered, interested candidates are invited to apply via (https://www.wfp.org/careers/job-openings). Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
WFP will not request payment at any stage of the recruitment process including at the offer stage. Any requests for payment should be refused and reported to local law enforcement authorities for appropriate action.
Request for Disability related Reasonable Accommodations:
confidentially discuss your needs.
This email is only to be used for any disability related accessibility requirements, and not for sending the application itself. Due to volume of applications, any applications or CVs sent through this email address will not be considered as a formal application and will not receive a reply from WFP.
The World Food Programme (WFP) is the leading humanitarian organization saving lives and changing lives, delivering food assistance in emergencies and working with communities to improve nutrition and build resilience.
This job is based in Balochistan Provincial Office (Quetta). Job holders may either perform inventory management and other administrative support functions and reporting line to the Admin Associate and PPO Nutrition.
At this level, work is carried out under minimal supervision. Job holder is expected to produce organised and accurate work, undertaking specific business support activities. They may offer guidance on standard practices to more junior staff in their area of work.
Something looks off?