IT Operations Assistant - G5, Quetta
World Food Programme
WFP encourages female candidates and people with disabilities to apply.
WFP seeks candidates of the highest integrity and professionalism who share our humanitarian principles. Selection of staff is made on a competitive basis. We are committed to promoting diversity and the principle of equal employment opportunity for all our employees and encourages qualified candidates to apply irrespective of religion or belief, ethnic or social background, gender, gender identity and disability.
Job Title: IT Operations Assistant
Type of contract: Fixed Term
Salary: Starting at PKR 199,000 per month
Duration: 12 Months
Duty Station: Quetta
Vacancy Number: 827114
Date of Publication: 16 May 2023
Deadline of Application: 29 May 2023
This vacancy announcement is for Pakistani Nationals.
Note: This vacancy announcement will also be used to build a roster of prequalified applicants for future opportunities within same job profile at the current or lower level in Pakistan.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
WFP offers a competitive benefits package including salary, pension, leave plus a medical insurance.
Remote work may be possible depending upon the operational requirements of the Programme. Requests are assessed on a case-by-case basis, taking into account the personal circumstances of the requestor given the operational situation.
To deliver high quality technical support, system and data maintenance across a range of areas, in order to contribute to the effective delivery of IT services.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES (not all-inclusive)
1. Carry out system maintenance tasks, such as performing monitoring tasks, running system diagnostics, and system optimisation, to ensure they are running effectively and enable easy and efficient use.
2. Maintain technology, including standard repairs, configuration, and storage, in accordance with data security and access controls to ensure IT equipment required for WFP staff is available.
3. Prepare files and systems for inventory and archives, such as website content and directories, to ensure information is accurate and up-to-date.
4. Allocate tasks to other colleagues, ensuring that tasks are delivered to agreed standards and deadlines, to support the effective delivery of services.
5. Respond to a variety of queries about technology and systems in order to assist WFP staff to deliver their services.
6. With support of senior colleagues, provide standard training to end users of technology and systems to ensure staff use standard technology and systems effectively.
7. Perform routine deployments of server hardware and software, including testing and the identification of problems, to contribute to the effective functioning of technology.
8. Responsible for maintaining information records such as updating web pages and statistical databases to ensure the information is current and well organised.
9. Install, operate and maintain telecommunications systems and equipment, to ensure optimal services in compliance with standard operations procedures.
10. Support the development of standard material such as training documentation and web content on behalf of senior officers, to ensure staff have access to required information about IT services and products.
11. Suggest improvements to methods and processes in order to support the continuous improvement of IT services.
12. Follow set emergency response processes and procedures as required to provide support in enabling emergency food assistance needs to be met.
OTHER JOB REQUIREMENTS
1. Responsible to support the performance of IT Service Desk in accordance with ITIL best practice
2. Maintenance and management of WFP network security.
3. Installation, Management and maintenance of IT and Telecommunications Infrastructure including different servers, Operating Systems, switches and routers, VSAT modems, Digital Mobile Radio infrastructure and Wireless network.
4. Provide remote support to field-based staff (Field Monitor Assistants in different districts of province).
5. Provide technical specifications and perform technical evaluations in local procurement of IT equipment and services.
6. Provide support in management of inventory of IT equipment in respective offices.
7. Coordinate with local vendors and service providers.
8. Perform any other duties as assigned by the supervisors
STANDARD MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCES
Education: University degree in Computer Sciences, Information Technology or in a related fieldwould be given preference. Relevant IT certifications such as CCNA, MCSA will be an advantage.
Experience: Minimum of 5 years of experience is desirable in designing, deploying, and managing IT infrastructure and IT support services.
• Has experience resolving more complex technical issues.
• Has worked with head of units in defining requirements for functional area.
• Has experience with the application of client services standards to resolve or escalate clients’ service problems.
Language: Fluency in both oral and written communication in English and Urdu
HOW TO APPLY
To be considered, interested candidates are invited to apply via (https://www.wfp.org/careers/job-openings). Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
WFP will not request payment at any stage of the recruitment process including at the offer stage. Any requests for payment should be refused and reported to local law enforcement authorities for appropriate action.
Request for Disability related Reasonable Accommodations:
confidentially discuss your needs.
This email is only to be used for any disability related accessibility requirements, and not for sending the application itself. Due to volume of applications, any applications or CVs sent through this email address will not be considered as a formal application and will not receive a reply from WFP.
The World Food Programme (WFP) is the leading humanitarian organization saving lives and changing lives, delivering food assistance in emergencies and working with communities to improve nutrition and build resilience.
This job is based in the Provincial Office, Quetta and the job holder will directly report and work under the supervision of IT Operations Associate under the overall guidance of Head of Provincial Office, WFP Baluchistan.
At this level job holders are expected to take responsibility for completion of a range of processes and activities requiring interpretation of standard guidelines/practices. Job holders are able to recommend a course of action to staff at various levels and may allocate tasks to other staff.
Something looks off?