Programme Assistant (Database) - SC5, Quetta
World Food Programme
WFP encourages female candidates and people with disabilities to apply.
WFP seeks candidates of the highest integrity and professionalism who share our humanitarian principles. Selection of staff is made on a competitive basis. We are committed to promoting diversity and the principle of equal employment opportunity for all our employees and encourages qualified candidates to apply irrespective of religion or belief, ethnic or social background, gender, gender identity and disability.
Job Title: Programme Assistant (Database)
Type of contract: Service Contract
Salary: Starting at PKR 160,000 per month
Duration: 12 Months
Duty Station: Quetta
Vacancy Number: 827091
Date of Publication: 16 May 2023
Deadline of Application: 29 May 2023
This vacancy announcement is for Pakistani Nationals.
Note: This vacancy announcement will also be used to build a roster of prequalified applicants for future opportunities within same job profile at the current or lower level in Pakistan.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
WFP offers a competitive benefits package including salary, pension, leave plus a medical insurance.
Remote work may be possible depending upon the operational requirements of the Programme. Requests are assessed on a case-by-case basis, taking into account the personal circumstances of the requestor given the operational situation.
To perform specialized and/or standardized policy and programme-related processes and activities to support the effective delivery of assistance packages.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES (not all-inclusive)
1. Act as Programme focal person for reconciliation of bank and CP data. Specially for FFA LIVE data management system for activities data management and analysis
2. Train and support CP data staff in data cleaning, validation, analysis, management, and reporting. Provide backstopping to data staff of CP if required.
3. Puts in place the mechanism for data quality assurance (i.e., fix any data bugs/ issues arise during the implementation).
4. Ensure accurate data uploading in the system.
5. Maintain follow-up with CPs focal persons for day-to-day support and ensure data related deadlines are met as per DIP.
6. Review of data uploaded by CP and share feedback with CP on the quality of data
7. Generate cash disbursement list in close coordination with CP data staff and ensure zero duplication in data.
8. Update the database on regular basis with information and share updates with respective activity manager
9. Review projects output data including village profiles, activity profiles, and participants profiles against the planned vs achieved target of the completed cycle activities of each district and across the province.
10. Maintain separate data of households not selected for the project, and list of drop out participants (the registered participants who were registered but not participated in the activity) as reported by CPs and update the final list of participants accordingly.
11. Generate project infographic briefs. Updates the output/outcome level database on regular basis and support FFA team in producing info graphics and project output summaries for reporting to different stakeholders.
12. Act as Focal person to ensure output/outcome related database management for SO-1 interventions at across Balochistan.
13. Supports SO1 Country office team in review of cash/ food disbursement data management
14. In coordination with CBT CST supports the management of beneficiary data eligible for Cash inparticular mobile banking. This includes but is not limited to: i) Ensure data is submitted in good quality within the required templates of WFP ii) review of all data submitted by partners and internal team for any anomalies linked to all relevant fields within the submitted templates and cleaning it accordingly, iii) flagging overlaps in assistance or duplicates and iv) other data cross checks as required
15. Performs field visits to validate the data (on need basis); and
16. Perform other related duties as required.
STANDARD MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCES
Education: University degree in Computer Science/ IT, Social Sciences with database management/knowledge.
Experience: 5 years experience with 2 years specifically in database management
• Has facilitated communication with technical teams (i.e. nutrition, VAM, etc.).
• Has contributed to implementation of programmes.
• Has observed or assisted with policy discussions.
Language: Fluency (level C) in English language. Fluency in both oral and written communication in English, Urdu. Fluency/ understanding of other local languages is an advantage.
DESIRED EXPERIENCES FOR ENTRY INTO THE ROLE
Proficient in the use of office equipment and computer software packages, such as Microsoft Word and other relted to database management.
Knowledge of work routines and methods in order to complete processes under minimal supervision.
Uses tact and courtesy to give and receive information to a wide range of individuals.
Ability to identify data discrepancies and rectify problems requiring attention.
Ability to offer guidance or basic on-the-job training to more junior staff.
HOW TO APPLY
To be considered, interested candidates are invited to apply via (https://www.wfp.org/careers/job-openings). Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
WFP will not request payment at any stage of the recruitment process including at the offer stage. Any requests for payment should be refused and reported to local law enforcement authorities for appropriate action.
Request for Disability related Reasonable Accommodations:
confidentially discuss your needs.
This email is only to be used for any disability related accessibility requirements, and not for sending the application itself. Due to volume of applications, any applications or CVs sent through this email address will not be considered as a formal application and will not receive a reply from WFP.
The World Food Programme (WFP) is the leading humanitarian organization saving lives and changing lives, delivering food assistance in emergencies and working with communities to improve nutrition and build resilience.
This job is based in Balochistan Provincial Office (Quetta). The job holders typically report to the Programme Policy Officer.
At this level, job holders are responsible for the completion of a range of specialized and/or standardized processes and activities requiring some interpretation of standard guidelines and practices. They work under minimum supervision, perform basic analyses and compile reports to support information consistency and smooth implementation of programmes/projects..
Something looks off?