Communications Associate - SC6, Quetta
World Food Programme
WFP encourages female candidates and people with disabilities to apply.
WFP seeks candidates of the highest integrity and professionalism who share our humanitarian principles. Selection of staff is made on a competitive basis. We are committed to promoting diversity and the principle of equal employment opportunity for all our employees and encourages qualified candidates to apply irrespective of religion or belief, ethnic or social background, gender, gender identity and disability.
Job Title: Communications Associate
Type of contract: Service Contract
Salary: Starting at PKR 209,000 per month
Duration: 12 Months
Duty Station: Quetta
Vacancy Number: 827090
Date of Publication: 16 May 2023
Deadline of Application: 29 May 2023
This vacancy announcement is for Pakistani Nationals.
Note: This vacancy announcement will also be used to build a roster of prequalified applicants for future opportunities within same job profile at the current or lower level in Pakistan.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
WFP offers a competitive benefits package including salary, pension, leave plus a medical insurance.
Remote work may be possible depending upon the operational requirements of the Programme. Requests are assessed on a case-by-case basis, taking into account the personal circumstances of the requestor given the operational situation.
To provide research and specialised communications services that support the creation of content and services aimed at maintaining and enhancing WFP’s visibility and reputation and supporting fundraising activities.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES (not all-inclusive)
1. Perform specialised communications processes and activities, to support staff in the development, preparation, execution and dissemination of campaigns for target audiences.
2. Conduct research, suggest ideas, and provide coordination support to ensure the timely and effective delivery of video/film, photographic and radio projects. Manage the storage and distribution of audio/visual materials in accordance with relevant policies.
3. Serve as an information focal point, support and/or coordinate media coverage of events to optimise publicity of WFP’s activities.
4. Organise and execute special events, working closely with colleagues, external partners and media, to ensure events are effectively scheduled, publicised and attended.
5. Monitor traditional and social media, and report relevant information to senior staff to inform the development and/or evaluation of communications activities and strategies.
6. Under guidance, prepare content for use on traditional and social media platforms and networks, and printed materials, to enhance coverage and support of WFP’s activities, ensuring consistency with corporate messages.
7. Distribute and promote communications guidelines for WFP staff to refer to when creating content.
8. Manage updates and further develop internal records and databases, ensuring information is accurate, organised and available for others to access.
9. Respond to specialised queries and requests for support, using initiative and following standard processes, to ensure timely and accurate resolution of all enquiries.
10. Maintain relationships with internal and external stakeholders, in order to provide an aligned, coherent service, and to identify opportunities to collaborate/integrate processes and activities.
11. Implement improvements to communications methods and practices, to contribute to a better flow of information about WFP’s work to the media and stakeholders.
OTHER JOB REQUIREMENTS
12. Monitor, review and analyse varying sources of information and data required for the preparation of reports for a wide range of audience;
13. Compile and analyse field-level information required for operational reports, in close coordination with Programme and M&E teams;
14. Compile and write success stories gathered from respective programme units emanating from interventions being implemented at the field level;
15. Write regular situational reports and briefs on varying aspects of WFP operations in the country, as required by senior management;
16. Gather information relevant to resource mobilisation opportunities, and write funding proposals;
17. Compile and analyse necessary field-level information and write operational reports for donors (including provision of inputs contributing to the Annual Country Report for the Annual Reporting Exercise) in close coordination with Programme, M&E and Logistics teams;
18. Prepare briefing documents/factsheets on the activities being implemented in the region. These include activity specific factsheets and monthly narrative operational updates to inform internal and external audiences
19. Respond to direct or indirect requests for information about the work of WFP;
20. Prepare written materials for media occasions such as press conferences and/or other advocacy events with government counterparts, sister UN agencies, NGOs or private sector partners;
21. In the absence of a dedicated focal point, write situational reports on behalf of the Food Security Cluster and provide other Information Management services as necessary; and
22. Perform other related duties as required.
STANDARD MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCES
Education: Preferably University degree in Mass Communication, Journalism, Media or related field.
Experience: Minimum 6 years -experience in fields related to WFP’s mandates areas of work
Has demonstrated a sound understanding of WFP communication techniques and activities and awareness of the socio-political context in which WFP operates through day- to- day work
Has provided ad-hoc guidance to new staff members
Language: Fluency (level C) in English language. Fluency in both oral and written communication in English, Urdu. Fluency/ understanding of other local languages is an advantage.
DESIRED EXPERIENCES FOR ENTRY INTO THE ROLE
Proficient in the use of office equipment and computer software packages, such as Microsoft Word and other designing related.
Knowledge of work routines and methods in order to complete processes under minimal supervision.
Uses tact and courtesy to give and receive information to a wide range of individuals.
Ability to identify data discrepancies and rectify problems requiring attention.
Ability to offer guidance or basic on-the-job training to more junior staff.
HOW TO APPLY
To be considered, interested candidates are invited to apply via (https://www.wfp.org/careers/job-openings). Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
WFP will not request payment at any stage of the recruitment process including at the offer stage. Any requests for payment should be refused and reported to local law enforcement authorities for appropriate action.
Request for Disability related Reasonable Accommodations:
confidentially discuss your needs.
This email is only to be used for any disability related accessibility requirements, and not for sending the application itself. Due to volume of applications, any applications or CVs sent through this email address will not be considered as a formal application and will not receive a reply from WFP.
The World Food Programme (WFP) is the leading humanitarian organization saving lives and changing lives, delivering food assistance in emergencies and working with communities to improve nutrition and build resilience.
This job is based in Balochistan Provincial Office, Quetta, and the job holder will report to Head of field office or the designate.
Job holders at this level demonstrate responsibility and initiative to respond independently to queries with only general guidance from the supervisor. There is a requirement to use judgment in dealing with unforeseen problems on daily basis.
Something looks off?