Programme Associate (Nutrition) - G6, Quetta
World Food Programme
WFP encourages female candidates and people with disabilities to apply.
WFP seeks candidates of the highest integrity and professionalism who share our humanitarian principles. Selection of staff is made on a competitive basis. We are committed to promoting diversity and the principle of equal employment opportunity for all our employees and encourages qualified candidates to apply irrespective of religion or belief, ethnic or social background, gender, gender identity and disability.
Job Title: Programme Associate (Nutrition)
Type of contract: Fixed Term
Salary: Starting at PKR 257,000 per month
Duration: 12 Months
Duty Station: Quetta
Vacancy Number: 827058
Date of Publication: 16 May 2023
Deadline of Application: 29 May 2023
This vacancy announcement is for Pakistani Nationals.
Note: This vacancy announcement will also be used to build a roster of prequalified applicants for future opportunities within same job profile at the current or lower level in Pakistan.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
WFP offers a competitive benefits package including salary, pension, leave plus a medical insurance.
Remote work may be possible depending upon the operational requirements of the Programme. Requests are assessed on a case-by-case basis, taking into account the personal circumstances of the requestor given the operational situation.
To provide effective specialized support and technical analyses to policy and programme activities that effectively meet nutrition needs.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES (not all-inclusive)
1. Provide technical support and assist in the development and implementation of various activities and processes within the specific area of work supporting alignment with wider programme policies and guidelines.
2. Provide specialized project management support to specific and/or defined programmes to ensure that the various activities are performed within the established targets following WFP’s policies and procedures.
3. Within the specific area of responsibility, prepare a range of reports and data analysis (e.g. food assistance needs, resource utilization, programme status, performance) and highlight trends/issues ensuring deliverables adhere to corporate standards and quality control.
4. Ensure and/or perform accurate, timely recording of data within the specific technical area of work (e.g. assistance programmes, food security and vulnerability assessments) and consistency of information presented to stakeholders.
5. Liaise with internal counterparts to support effective collaboration, implementation and monitoring of ongoing project activities.
6. Coordinate and communicate with local partners, agencies, NGOs and government institutions to perform accurate food security analyses and to ensure efficient delivery of food assistance.
7. Support the capacity building of WFP staff, cooperating partners and national government within the specific technical area.
8. Act as a point of contact for resolution of a range of operational queries and problems within a specific technical area of responsibility.
9. Oversee and/or review the work of other support staff, providing practical advice and guidance, to contribute to delivering objectives to agreed standards and deadlines.
10. Follow standard emergency preparedness practices to ensure WFP is able to quickly respond and deploy needed resources to affected areas at the onset of the crisis.
OTHER JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
13. Assist Nutritionist in preparing project documents with partners.
14. Support in organizing project planning missions, meetings and briefing sessions to identify and analyse problems and recommend project.
15. Provide support to assess project performance including utilization of resources and achievement of planned targets;
16. Analyse the received reports/data to ensure achievement of objectives and suggest corrective actions when necessary to meet project objectives. Assist in the development and introduction of new approaches, methods and practices in project-management
17. Monitor, update and track data related to project issues, commodity pipelines and financial allotment status reports, informing the relevant divisions accordingly; ensure accuracy of data related to the above;
18. Assist to analyse and prepare projections for food commodities and non-food items to ensure timely call forward and/or local procurement including other complementary inputs like trainings, reviews, stationary
19. Prepare allocation plans to ensure timely preparation of agreements/ MOUs/ FLAs with all partners for quality delivery of services through transparent and competitive selection process using maturity of judgment and negotiating skills. Coordinate with other units for timely delivery of food to the targeted beneficiaries in line with agreed implementation plans.
20. Maintain records on programme activities, from formulation stage through completion, by extracting relevant information from reports, project committees, budget records and other documentation; make information available for country briefs, country profiles, and other related purposes; ensure project cycle deadlines are met;
21. Carry out advocacy and information related tasks for project/programme activities such as making presentations in meetings, workshops, seminars, missions, etc;
22. Prepare status and progress reports by providing information and background material for use in discussions and briefing sessions; Facilitate accurate and timely inputs/ reports from the implementing partners for M&E analysis and status reports.
23. Evaluate, develop, and recommend procedures. Participate in discussions on new/revised procedures and practices; interprets and assesses the impact of changes and makes recommendations on follow up actions;
24. Assist in arranging trainings, reviews and other programme related events
25. Perform other related duties as required by the supervisor.
STANDARD MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
Education: University degree in health education, public health, social sciences or related field. A post-secondary certificate in the related functional area is desirable.
Experience: Minimum 6 years- experience in implementing programs preferably health related within Balochistan
• Has worked with technical teams (i.e. nutrition, VAM, etc.).
• Has contributed to implementation of programmes.
• Has observed or assisted with policy discussions
Language: Fluency in both oral and written communication in English, Urdu. Fluency in other local languages used in Balochistan is preferable.
DESIRED EXPERIENCES FOR ENTRY INTO THE ROLE
- Proficient in the use of office equipment and computer software packages, such as Microsoft Word and other.
- Knowledge of work routines and methods in order to complete processes under minimal supervision.
- Uses tact and courtesy to give and receive information to a wide range of individuals.
- Ability to offer guidance or basic on-the-job training to more junior staff.
HOW TO APPLY
To be considered, interested candidates are invited to apply via (https://www.wfp.org/careers/job-openings). Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
WFP will not request payment at any stage of the recruitment process including at the offer stage. Any requests for payment should be refused and reported to local law enforcement authorities for appropriate action.
Request for Disability related Reasonable Accommodations:
confidentially discuss your needs.
This email is only to be used for any disability related accessibility requirements, and not for sending the application itself. Due to volume of applications, any applications or CVs sent through this email address will not be considered as a formal application and will not receive a reply from WFP.
The World Food Programme (WFP) is the leading humanitarian organization saving lives and changing lives, delivering food assistance in emergencies and working with communities to improve nutrition and build resilience.
This position is based in Field Office Quetta. Job holder is expected to demonstrate deep understanding of the nutrition context and WFP’s mandated areas of work. The position is expected to provide strategic support to the nutrition team for effective and efficient delivery of interventions. Job holder typically reports to the Programme Policy Officer, Nutrition.
Something looks off?