Programme Associate (Nutrition Sensitive), SC6
World Food Programme
WFP encourages female candidates and people with disabilities to apply.
WFP seeks candidates of the highest integrity and professionalism who share our humanitarian principles. Selection of staff is made on a competitive basis. We are committed to promoting diversity and the principle of equal employment opportunity for all our employees and encourages qualified candidates to apply irrespective of religion or belief, ethnic or social background, gender, gender identity and disability.
The United Nations World Food Programme (WFP) is the world’s largest humanitarian organization, humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide. The mission of WFP is to help the world achieve Zero Hunger in our lifetimes. Every day, WFP works worldwide to ensure that no child goes to bed hungry and that the poorest and most vulnerable, particularly women and children, can access the nutritious food they need.
JOB RELATED KEY INFORMATION
Job Title: Programme Associate (Nutrition Sensitive)
Type of Contract: Service Contract
Duration: 1 Year
Duty Station: Dushanbe, Tajikistan
Vacancy Number: 827188
Date of Publication: 16 May 2023
Deadline of Application: 29 May 2023
WFP Tajikistan's new Country Strategic Plan identifies nutrition as a priority to be integrated into other programme activities. To this end, the nutrition unit will expand and diversify its activities by developing and implementing nutrition-sensitive activities within other programme areas. The incumbent, therefore, will assist in the implementation of the new initiatives by offering relevant expertise, as well as support the overall functioning of the nutrition unit. The position is based in Dushanbe with some travel to sites within the country which could include staying overnight in the field. The Programme Associate will be working under the day-to-day supervision of the Senior Programme Associate (SBCC) and overall guidance from the Nutrition Officer.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES (not all-inclusive)
1. Provide technical support and assistance in the development and implementation of various activities and processes within the nutrition portfolio in alignment with wider programme policies and guidelines.
2. Support the implementation of the social and behaviour change communication (SBCC) strategy across various activities of WFP Tajikistan in an effective and timely manner, ensuring optimal budget utilization in implementation.
3. Support in conducting formative research and other assessments, developing SBCC materials and plans through close collaboration with the CO team, international consultants, and local specialists, carefully proofing and pre-testing all materials as well as supporting in the procurement of any SBCC materials or products.
4. Work closely with cooperating partners and service providers to ensure smooth implementation of activities as well as contribute to the capacity building of cooperating partners as per the regulation and procedures of WFP.
5. Prepare various reports, success stories and other materials related to the nutrition-sensitive activities, particularly the SBCC interventions, and facilitate the dissemination of the materials.
6. Liaise with the internal counterparts to support effective collaboration, implementation, and monitoring of ongoing projects activities.
7. Coordinate and communicate with local partners, agencies, NGOs, and government institutions on anything related to the nutrition-sensitive activities of WFP Tajikistan and represent the organisation when required.
8. Support the capacity building of WFP staff, cooperating partners and national government within the specific technical area related to SBCC and nutrition-sensitive programming.
9. Support with translating short documents, presentations, written correspondence, as well as verbal translation from/to English, Tajik and Russian as needed.
10. Provide other support to the nutrition activities and serve as a back-up during the absence of other colleagues.
11. Cross-cutting: Support the implementation of the WFP Tajikistan Country Strategic Plan by ensuring cross-cutting efforts such as nutrition sensitivity, gender and diversity inclusion, protection and accountability, environmental protections, and capacity development as they are integrated throughout the portfolio and within the office and ensure equal participation and consideration of women and men, boys and girls, and people living with specific needs and/or disabilities.
12. Any other business.
Efficient support provided to move forward with the implementation of the nutrition integration exercise, quality contribution in the sustainable implementation of the SBCC interventions and other activities of the nutrition division.
STANDARD MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
- 6 years of relevant work experience in the development sector, civil society or academia in the field of Nutrition, Health, Education, behaviour change communication or other relevant technical areas
- Contributed to implementation of programmes, including monitoring and reporting
EDUCATION & SKILLS:
- Completion of secondary school education. A post-secondary certificate in the related functional area. Additional training/courses in related areas are assets.
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS:
- Advance knowledge of computer applications such as MS Office (Word, Excel, Power Point, Publisher, Outlook, etc.).
- Experience in handling various data packages and web-based management systems.
- Graphic design and data visualization software (Photoshop, In-Design, Tableau, etc.) as an asset.
• Fluency in oral and written English;
• Fluency in Tajik OR Russian.
WFP will not request payment at any stage of the recruitment process including at the offer stage. Any requests for payment should be refused and reported to local law enforcement authorities for appropriate action.
Request for Disability related Reasonable Accommodations:
It is important to WFP to create an accessible and inclusive workplace for everyone. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform essential job functions. If you require reasonable accommodation in completing this application, interviewing, completing any pre-employment testing, or otherwise participating in the selection and hiring process, please direct your request and inquiries to the Diversity and Inclusion team on: email@example.com, cc’ing firstname.lastname@example.org. A member of the reasonable accommodation team will contact you to confidentially discuss your needs.
This email is only to be used for any disability related accessibility requirements, and not for sending the application itself. Due to volume of applications, any applications or CVs sent through this email address will not be considered as a formal application and will not receive a reply from WFP.
WFP has a zero-tolerance approach to conduct such as fraud, sexual exploitation and abuse, sexual harassment, abuse of authority and discrimination. All selected candidates will be expected to adhere to WFP’s standards of conduct and will therefore undergo rigorous background verification internally or through third parties. Selected candidates will also be required to provide additional information as part of the verification exercise. Misrepresentation of information provided during the recruitment process may lead to disqualification or termination of employment
Something looks off?