Human Resources Associate G6 (Fixed Term), Regional Bureau Cairo, Egypt
World Food Programme
WFP celebrates and embraces diversity. It is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all its employees and encourages qualified candidates to apply irrespective of race, colour, national origin, ethnic or social background, genetic information, gender, gender identity and/or expression, sexual orientation, religion or belief, HIV status or disability.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
JOB TITLE: Human Resources Associate
TYPE & LEVEL OF CONTRACT: Fixed Term - General Services G6
UNIT/DIVISION: Human Resources Unit, Regional Bureau Cairo (RBC)
DUTY STATION (City, Country): Cairo, Egypt
REPORT TO: International HR Officer
DURATION: One year, renewable
NOTE: This recruitment process will be used to create a roster for Human Resources Assistant (G5) Fixed Term, or Human Resources Assistant (SC5) Service Contract for future requirements.
The United Nations World Food Programme is the world's largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide. The mission of WFP is to help the world achieve Zero Hunger in our lifetimes. Every day, WFP works worldwide to ensure that no child goes to bed hungry and that the poorest and most vulnerable, particularly women and children, can access the nutritious food they need.
WFP’s Regional Bureau for the Middle East and Northern Africa (RBC), based in Cairo, Egypt, provides strategic guidance, policy/technical support and direction to WFP operations and activities in 16 countries: Algeria, Armenia, Egypt, Iran, Iraq, Jordan, Lebanon, Libya, Moldova, Morocco, State of Palestine, Syria, Tunisia, Turkey, Ukraine and Yemen. These country offices aim to assist roughly one-third of all of WFP’s beneficiaries (approx. 30 million) in some of the most critical humanitarian emergencies of our time. RBC is also active in the ‘Changing Lives’ side of WFP’s mandate, helping national governments and local communities improve nutrition, livelihoods, school feeding, social protection, climate and disaster risk reduction and other programmes that build resilience and support development.
The Human Resource Associate will be based and providing support and operations for the Regional Bureau Cairo (RBC) Office within RBC HR Service Team, with the overall technical guidance and supervision from the HR Officer.
Within RBC, the HR Services Team provides the Regional Bureau with the full HR service delivery from:
- Talent sourcing, recruitment and selection, and onboarding
- HR servicing, including payroll and benefits administration, and overseeing all contracting and extension actions, leave management, and HR policy advice and development.
- Talent management, including learning and development, career development
At this level, you are expected to take responsibility for the completion of a full range of HR activities as described above. You are able to recommend a course of action within your area of expertise and provide guidance to other staff as well as deliver a professional, client-focused HR service, maintain a strong partnership with a variety of stakeholders.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES (not all-inclusive)
Recruitment & Contract administration:
- Oversee the end-to-end contract & entitlement administration of national employees in the bureau, from on-boarding to offboarding, including drafting and issuing a contract, administering payroll for verification and posting, liaising with WFP HQ and other UN agencies to ensure alignment of practices and payments, coordinating with insurance providers, supporting learning and managing contract extension and exit processes
- Coordinate and work closely with HR National officer and hiring managers in all aspects of national recruitment delivery. Ensure timely and establish a shorter return around time for RBC recruitments, a positive candidates’ experiences, and timely communications and updates to hiring managers and candidates;
- Support and deliver on boarding for new staff joining WFP, to ensure that relevant processes are followed and the conditions of terms of service are explained and understood.
HR Activity & Analytical Support
- Prepare a range of complex HR documentation required for the specific area of work (e.g. employment contracts, employment letters, training-related documents, etc.) ensuring accuracy and meeting established deadlines.
- Provide assistance on a wide range of complex HR queries and follow up actions, to ensure consistent and high-quality HR services are delivered to clients.
- Use HR management systems for reviewing, entering and updating a variety of HR data including monitoring various deadlines (e.g., contract expiration, PACE, etc), ensuring compliance with the established deadlines and accuracy of HR data
- Contribute to the tracking and monitoring of HR metrics to measure the effectiveness of core HR activities. Carry out the needed HR analytics, reports and dashboards as required
- Support activities in the areas of work allocated by the HR officer in compliance with relevant processes and procedures.
Learning and Development & Performance Management Support
- Own and drive performance management (PACE) process for all staff in the Regional Bureau. Ensure planning and evaluation phases are closed on time (as per the contract type cycles) and support annual MRC process.
- Ensure individual learning needs are reported in the system following 702010 principles; collate and analyze data on the learning needs.
- With the support of HR Officer design, communicate and execute annual learning calendar for the Bureau leveraging existing global corporate programs and the local vendors; combining self-study and classroom offerings.
- Build capability of supervisors to have high quality goal setting, feedback and evaluations meetings with their staff, support staff to build individual learning plans and hold annual career conversations, as per the existing WFP framework and training materials.
- Act as the focal point for WFP Internship and Volunteer programme as well as coordinate with other agencies and external institutions such as UNV, University in support for RBC talent pipeline.
STANDARD MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
First university degree in Human Resource Management, Public or Business Administration, Industrial Psychology or other relevant field.
At least five years of postgraduate professional experience in Human Resources management with strong expertise in HR operations and HR client services with an interest in international humanitarian development.
Knowledge & Skills:
- Experience in providing HR services in the international working environments is a must
- Demonstrated ability to engage effectively with wide range of both internal and external stakeholders. Ability to interpret and apply HR policies, operational processes, to provide guidance to employees and implement solutions.
- Experience in partnering with senior management and managers is desirable.
- Experience in leading an implementation of HR project / initiatives is an advantage
- Experience in planning/ developing staff learning and development is a big plus
- Ability to take initiative and identify suitable solutions
- Customer Orientation at any times and very proficient communication skills (verbal – written).
- Ability to effectively respond and trailer a message to suit different audience
- Experience working as part of a multicultural and diverse team
- Ability to transfer knowledge, best practices to colleagues in a context-relevant and credible way
- Strong analytical – reporting skills to compile, maintain, analyze and prepare strong people reports/ dashboard to draw some (initial) conclusions and help key stakeholders make some informed decisions
- Curiosity to learn, challenge the status quo and positive drive
- Proficiency in MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
Fluency in spoken and written English and Arabic.
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
WFP offers a competitive compensation package including:
- Attractive salary in accordance with industry standards. Please visit United Nations Salary Scales for more details.
- Attractive pension plan
- Child allowance
- Language allowance (subject to passing language assessment)
- Medical coverage for staff and eligible dependents
- Variety of leave entitlements, including but not limited to 30 days annual leaves per year, maternity/paternity leave, and special leave arrangements.
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS
Interested candidates are invited to submit their application no later than Wednesday, 31 May 2023 (11:59 PM Cairo Time).
All employment decisions are made on the basis of organizational needs, job requirements, merit, and individual qualifications. WFP is committed to providing an inclusive work environment free of sexual exploitation and abuse, all forms of discrimination, any kind of harassment, sexual harassment, and abuse of authority. Therefore, all selected candidates will undergo rigorous reference and background checks.
No appointment under any kind of contract will be offered to members of the UN Advisory Committee on Administrative and Budgetary Questions (ACABQ), International Civil Service Commission (ICSC), FAO Finance Committee, WFP External Auditor, WFP Audit Committee, Joint Inspection Unit (JIU) and other similar bodies within the United Nations system with oversight responsibilities over WFP, both during their service and within three years of ceasing that service.
Something looks off?