Business Support Assistant to Deputy Regional Director G5
World Food Programme
WFP celebrates and embraces diversity. It is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all its employees and encourages qualified candidates to apply irrespective of race, colour, national origin, ethnic or social background, genetic information, gender, gender identity and/or expression, sexual orientation, religion or belief, HIV status or disability.
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS
The deadline to apply for this position is May 30, 2023
WHO WE ARE
The United Nations World Food Programme (WFP), a highly prestigious, reputable & world’s largest humanitarian organization, operating in more than 120 countries and territories, bringing life-saving assistance in emergencies, building pathways to peace, stability and prosperity for people recovering from conflict, disasters and the impact of climate change and supporting sustainable and resilient livelihoods for a world with zero hunger. At WFP, people are at the heart of everything we do and the vision of the future WFP workforce is one of diverse, committed, skilled, and high performing teams, selected on merit, operating in a healthy and inclusive work environment, living WFP's values (Integrity, Collaboration, Commitment, Humanity, and Inclusion) and working with partners to save and change the lives of those WFP serves. To learn more about WFP, visit our website: UN World Food Programme (WFP) and follow us on social media to keep up with our latest news: YouTube, LinkedIn, Instagram, Facebook, Twitter.
WHY SHOULD YOU JOIN US?
- WFP is a 2020 Nobel Peace Prize Laureate
- WFP offers a highly inclusive, diverse, and multicultural working environment
- WFP invests in the personal & professional development of its employees through a range of training, accreditation, coaching, mentorship, and other programs as well as through internal mobility opportunities
- A career path in WFP provides an exciting opportunity to work across the various country, regional and global offices around the world, and with passionate colleagues who work tirelessly to ensure that effective humanitarian assistance reaches millions of people across the globe.
- We offer an attractive compensation package (please refer to the Terms and Conditions section)
These jobs are found in Country Offices (COs), Regional Bureaux (RBs), and Headquarters (HQ). Job holders performing front office management functions typically report to the Deputy Directors or Head of Offices. In cases where these positions support a specific business stream, the reporting line may be to the Head of Unit, Chief, or the designate.
At this level job holders are expected to take responsibility for completion of a range of business support activities requiring some interpretation of standard guidelines/practices. Job holders are able to recommend a course of action to staff at various levels and may allocate tasks to more junior colleagues
To deliver a wide range of business support processes and activities for a specific professional area of work, to facilitate effective service delivery.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES (not all-inclusive)
1. Provide dedicated executive assistant support to Regional Director (RD).
2. Prepare and/or consolidate comprehensive reports, documentation, correspondence, briefing notes, etc. and conduct research in the area of work.
3. Actively seek and use feedback to improve business processes and procedures.
4. Respond to complex business support queries in order to provide a timely and accurate resolution of enquiries for clients.
5. Oversee the maintenance of records and databases to ensure information is organised and readily available for staff and compliant with all relevant regulations and policies.
6. Revise and review correspondence and documentation, providing feedback and making amendments where appropriate, to contribute to production of these materials to time and quality standards.
7. Assist managers in planning, monitoring and reconciling budget(s) to ensure that planned financial resources are used effectively.
8. Assess and recommend improvements to procedures and practices, to contribute to the effective delivery of business support services.
9. Provide a full range of complex business support services to staff to contribute to the effective functioning of business operations.
10. Provide advice, support and/or training to junior support staff in the provision of business support services, in order to support their learning in providing business support.
11. Coordinate tasks of junior colleagues to ensure support services are delivered consistently and to the required standards.
WFP LEADERSHIP FRAMEWORK
Leads by Example with Integrity: Demonstrates and encourages others to uphold the WFP values, principles and standards.
Drives Results and Delivers on Commitments: Delivers results against delegated tasks and seeks guidance and support where needed.
Fosters Inclusive and Collaborative: Supports development for others by giving timely and constructive feedback.
Applies Strategic Thinking: Demonstrates curiosity, and proposes new ways of doing things when relevant.
Builds and Maintains Sustainable Partnerships: Builds partnerships by seeking out opportunities to work with others
STANDARD MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
Education: Completion of secondary school education. A post-secondary certificate in the related functional area is desirable.
Experience: Five or more years of progressively responsible work experience in the relative business stream with experience in general administrative work.
Language: Fluency (level C) in English and Spanish language.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
• Knowledge of specialised common business practices and methods, gained through relevant technical training and experience.
• Ability to develop and maintain relationships with a range of individuals in order to provide a high quality support service.
• Ability to carry out basic data analysis and independently rectify problems requiring attention.
• Ability to monitor and record financial transactions.
• Good communication skills required to give and receive information and work with a variety of individuals.
• Ability to maintain confidentiality.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Number of openings: 1
Based in: Panama City, Panama
Type of Contract: Fixed Term (FT) Level: General Service (GS) 5.
Duration: 12 months.
This position is open only to Panamanian citizens or residents with permanent work permit. You can consult the UN Salary Scale for Panama page for your reference. (pana29ga1.xls (live.com) Fixed-Term appointments are for a continuous period of one year or more and shall have a specified expiration date. The initial appointment is subject to a probationary period of one year. Successful candidates will be placed in a roster for two (2) years
WFP has a zero-tolerance approach to conduct such as fraud, sexual exploitation and abuse, sexual harassment, abuse of authority and discrimination. All selected candidates will be expected to adhere to WFP’s standards of conduct and will therefore undergo rigorous background verification internally or through third parties. Selected candidates will also be required to provide additional information as part of the verification exercise. Misrepresentation of information provided during the recruitment process may lead to disqualification or termination of employment
WFP will not request payment at any stage of the recruitment process including at the offer stage. Any requests for payment should be refused and reported to local law enforcement authorities for appropriate action.
Something looks off?