Procurement Assistant SC5_Maroua
World Food Programme
WFP celebrates and embraces diversity. It is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all its employees and encourages qualified candidates to apply irrespective of race, colour, national origin, ethnic or social background, genetic information, gender, gender identity and/or expression, sexual orientation, religion or belief, HIV status or disability.
WHO WE ARE?
The United Nations World Food Programme (WFP), a highly prestigious, reputable & world’s largest humanitarian organization, operating in more than 120 countries and territories, bringing life-saving assistance in emergencies, building pathways to peace, stability and prosperity for people recovering from conflict, disasters and the impact of climate change and supporting sustainable and resilient livelihoods for a world with zero hunger.
At WFP, people are at the heart of everything we do and the vision of the future WFP workforce is one of diverse, committed, skilled, and high performing teams, selected on merit, operating in a healthy and inclusive work environment, living WFP's values (Integrity, Collaboration, Commitment, Humanity, and Inclusion) and working with partners to save and change the lives of those WFP serves.
To learn more about WFP, visit our website: https://www.wfp.org/ and follow us on social media to keep up with our latest news: YouTube, LinkedIn, Instagram, Facebook, Twitter.
WFP Cameroon is part of the Country Offices in the Regional Bureau for Central and West Africa (RBD) facing multiple humanitarian crises that simultaneously aggravate existing socio-economic vulnerabilities in the country. The fragile security situation in the Northern part of the Country, a protracted refugee operation in the East and crises in the Northwest and Southwest regions has left millions of people vulnerable to food insecurity. WFP provides a key emergency response component of the Humanitarian Response Plan through regular food and sustainable development assistance to part of the food insecure and vulnerable people in the country. With the launch of the second-generation strategic plan, it is imperative to obtain the optimum capacity of staff, partners and beneficiaries given the precarious humanitarian situation and importance of delivering efficient and quick support. This role further described below, will contribute to the World Food Programme's mission in Cameroon to Saving Lives, Changing Lives.
To perform and apply appropriate processes, procedures and policies that support the efficient and effective procurement services.
STANDARD MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
- Completion of secondary school education. A post-secondary certificate in the related functional area.
- At least five (5) years or more of professional experience in a relevant field of work with a background and interest in international humanitarian development.
- Fluency (level C) in English or French language (written and oral).
- Intermediate knowledge (level B) of a second official UN language: English/French. (Other WFP working language) would be an asset.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES (not all-inclusive)
1. Perform administrative procurement activities in a timely and efficient manner, to support Professional staff in the acquisition of goods and services for efficient field operations.
2. Compile data, prepare and distribute documents, to support successful procurement programs and operational activities, (e.g. issue tenders, evaluate offers and negotiate/award contracts), ensuring standard processes are followed.
3. Review, record and prioritise purchasing requests, ensuring all supporting documentation is received, and funding is available, in order to enable the procurement of goods and services.
4. Coordinate and monitor the delivery of procurement requisitions, verifying receipt and inspection of deliverables, and performing follow up actions to ensure supplies reach HQ and field operations.
5. Research, collate and present information in standard formats, to enable informed decision-making and consistency of information presented to the stakeholders.
6. Update, manage and maintain relevant databases and records, to ensure the information is accurate, organised, and available for others to access, and supports reporting requirements.
7. Liaise with internal counterparts to support the alignment of procurement activities with wider programmes and ensure a coherent approach to meeting food assistance needs.
8. Provide technical support and/or allocate work to other support staff, in order to assist them in completing standard tasks to agreed standards and deadlines.
9. Follow standard emergency preparedness practices to support WFP to quickly respond and deploy food and needed resources to affected areas at the onset of the crisis.
WFP LEADERSHIP FRAMEWORK
|Leads by Example with Integrity||Drives Results and Delivers on Commitments||Fosters Inclusive and Collaborative Teamwork||Applies Strategic Thinking||Builds and Maintains Sustainable Partnerships|
|Lives the WFP values and shows humanity and integrity by role modelling care for others||Delivers on commitments and adapts readily to change||Is inclusive and collaborative, and contributes to a culture of learning and personal growth||Demonstrates commitment to gather perspectives, analyse options and risks, and propose new ways of doing things||Builds and nurtures external partnerships and collaborates with partners to deliver common objectives|
|Capability Name||Description of the behaviour expected for the proficiency level|
|Tendering and Contracting||Displays basic understanding of processes to support the contracting/tendering implementation at WFP by collecting necessary information.|
|Vendor Management||Leverages basic understanding of business needs to define vendor requirements and selection criteria.|
|Commodity and Product/Service Intelligence||Appropriately handles products/services based on an understanding of sources, technologies, properties, and public procurement principles/practices.|
|Systems & Reporting||Utilizes basic understanding of data sources, procurement systems, Corporate Operating System and processes to execute daily tasks.|
|Ethics and Compliance||Maintains accurate records of activities in line with compliance standards to increase ease of response to basic audit queries.|
DESIRED EXPERIENCES FOR ENTRY INTO THE ROLE
• Has worked on procurement activities.
• Experience conducting analyses and developing reports.
• Experience working with suppliers or other third party on day to day basis.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- Contract Type : Service Contract - SC
- Unit : Procurement
- Duty Station : Maroua, Cameroon
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS
Application Deadline: Wednesday, 31st May 2023 (11:59 PM UTC+1)
WFP has a zero-tolerance approach to conduct such as fraud, sexual exploitation and abuse, sexual harassment, abuse of authority and discrimination. All selected candidates will be expected to adhere to WFP’s standards of conduct and will therefore undergo rigorous background verification internally or through third parties. Selected candidates will also be required to provide additional information as part of the verification exercise. Misrepresentation of information provided during the recruitment process may lead to disqualification or termination of employment
WFP will not request payment at any stage of the recruitment process including at the offer stage. Any requests for payment should be refused and reported to local law enforcement authorities for appropriate action.
Something looks off?