Warehouse Management Associate SC6 - Maroua
World Food Programme
WFP celebrates and embraces diversity. It is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all its employees and encourages qualified candidates to apply irrespective of race, colour, national origin, ethnic or social background, genetic information, gender, gender identity and/or expression, sexual orientation, religion or belief, HIV status or disability.
WHO WE ARE?
The United Nations World Food Programme (WFP), a highly prestigious, reputable & world’s largest humanitarian organization, operating in more than 120 countries and territories, bringing life-saving assistance in emergencies, building pathways to peace, stability and prosperity for people recovering from conflict, disasters and the impact of climate change and supporting sustainable and resilient livelihoods for a world with zero hunger.
At WFP, people are at the heart of everything we do and the vision of the future WFP workforce is one of diverse, committed, skilled, and high performing teams, selected on merit, operating in a healthy and inclusive work environment, living WFP's values (Integrity, Collaboration, Commitment, Humanity, and Inclusion) and working with partners to save and change the lives of those WFP serves.
To learn more about WFP, visit our website: https://www.wfp.org/ and follow us on social media to keep up with our latest news: YouTube, LinkedIn, Instagram, Facebook, Twitter.
STANDARD MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
- Completion of secondary school education. A post-secondary certificate in the related functional area.
- At least six (6) years or more of postgraduate professional experience in a relevant field of work with a background and interest in international humanitarian development.
- Fluency (level C) in English or French language (written and oral).
- Intermediate knowledge (level B) of a second official UN language: English/French. (Other WFP working language) would be an asset.
WFP Cameroon is part of the Country Offices in the Regional Bureau for Central and West Africa (RBD) facing multiple humanitarian crises that simultaneously aggravate existing socio-economic vulnerabilities in the country. The fragile security situation in the Northern part of the Country, a protracted refugee operation in the East and crises in the Northwest and Southwest regions has left millions of people vulnerable to food insecurity. WFP provides a key emergency response component of the Humanitarian Response Plan through regular food and sustainable development assistance to part of the food insecure and vulnerable people in the country. With the launch of the second-generation strategic plan, it is imperative to obtain the optimum capacity of staff, partners and beneficiaries given the precarious humanitarian situation and importance of delivering efficient and quick support. This role further described below, will contribute to the World Food Programme's mission in Cameroon to Saving Lives, Changing Lives.
To manage a range of warehouse activities including safeguarding of commodities and supplies, and ensuring well-organized warehousing and storage service in compliance with WFP warehouse guidelines.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES (not all-inclusive)
1. Responsible for the effective planning and management of warehouse operations, to ensure safe and efficient warehousing and storage of all commodities and supplies.
2. Contribute to review of WFP corporate warehouse standards and procedures, to support efficiency and changing business needs.
3. Coordinate the receipt/dispatch of commodities, to ensure accurate recording, accounting and reporting is available at all times to support decision-making.
4. Responsible for the accuracy of warehouse transaction records including identification of discrepancies, to ensure immediate and accurate reporting on commodity movements in line with the corporate requirements.
5. Responsible for inventory management (e.g. physical stock verification, reporting, etc.), to ensure any existing and developing issues with regards to proper stocks management are timely addressed and WFP standard procedures for commodity handling and storage are strictly followed.
6. Supervise preparation and/or prepare regular and ad hoc reports and statistics on warehouse operations, to support informed planning and decision-making.
7. Oversee safeguarding of commodities through providing guidance on and taking initiative towards implementation of preventive measures, to ensure that commodities are preserved in good condition and that quality control actions are initiated as appropriate following WFP established procedures.
8. Review on periodic basis warehouse space availability, plan and implement new design layouts to support business needs and ensure cost-efficiency.
9. Work in collaboration with internal and external stakeholders, in order to deliver aligned and coherent warehouse services.
10. Identify training needs and efficiently plan trainings, to ensure that all staff have required knowledge and skills to carry out their responsibilities.
11. Supervise warehouse staff, to ensure high performance standards.
WFP LEADERSHIP FRAMEWORK
|Leads by Example with Integrity||Drives Results and Delivers on Commitments||Fosters Inclusive and Collaborative Teamwork||Applies Strategic Thinking||Builds and Maintains Sustainable Partnerships|
|Lives the WFP values and shows humanity and integrity by role modelling care for others||Delivers on commitments and adapts readily to change||Is inclusive and collaborative, and contributes to a culture of learning and personal growth||Demonstrates commitment to gather perspectives, analyse options and risks, and propose new ways of doing things||Builds and nurtures external partnerships and collaborates with partners to deliver common objectives|
Description of the behaviour expected for the proficiency level
Supply Chain Management and Optimization
Demonstrates ability to design basic supply chain networks, including appropriately assessing and escalating challenges to ensure that WFP is able to provide consistent and uninterrupted service to its beneficiaries and partners.
Planning, Project & Resource Mgmt
Collects and analyses relevant technical data from diverse sources to forecast operational needs under various scenarios and makes evidence-based proposals.
Information Management & Reporting
Liaises with internal and external stakeholders to consolidate preliminary data analysis, draft reports and disseminate information that represents concerns and trends.
Market Analysis, Contracting and Operational Execution
Demonstrates ability to collect market information and process and analyse proposals in line with WFP standard rules and regulations in order to deliver efficiently.
Warehouse and Inventory Management
Demonstrates ability to implement operational warehouse procedures and normative guidance in order to manage WFP’s warehouse, handle inventory effectively through corporate systems, and ensure loss mitigation.
Technical Assistance and Coordination
Demonstrates abilities to provide basic technical advice and maintain effective (inclusive, collaborative, unified) logistics coordination mechanisms with humanitarian partners and other relevant stakeholders.
DESIRED EXPERIENCES FOR ENTRY INTO THE ROLE
• Experience maintaining a logistics database and running queries on ongoing shipments, pipeline information, insurance claims, and food stock.
• Experience in administering third party service providers’ contracts.
• Experience in compiling contract documentation.
• Experience in contract execution.
• Experience in budget monitoring and reporting.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- Contract Type : Service Contract - SC
- Unit : Supply Chain
- Duty Station : Maroua, Cameroon
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS
Application Deadline: Wednesday, 31st May 2023 (11:59 PM UTC+1)
WFP has a zero-tolerance approach to conduct such as fraud, sexual exploitation and abuse, sexual harassment, abuse of authority and discrimination. All selected candidates will be expected to adhere to WFP’s standards of conduct and will therefore undergo rigorous background verification internally or through third parties. Selected candidates will also be required to provide additional information as part of the verification exercise. Misrepresentation of information provided during the recruitment process may lead to disqualification or termination of employment
WFP will not request payment at any stage of the recruitment process including at the offer stage. Any requests for payment should be refused and reported to local law enforcement authorities for appropriate action.
Something looks off?