IT Operations Officer NOA - Yaounde (Re-advertised)
World Food Programme
WFP celebrates and embraces diversity. It is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all its employees and encourages qualified candidates to apply irrespective of race, colour, national origin, ethnic or social background, genetic information, gender, gender identity and/or expression, sexual orientation, religion or belief, HIV status or disability.
WHO WE ARE?
The United Nations World Food Programme (WFP), a highly prestigious, reputable & world’s largest humanitarian organization, operating in more than 120 countries and territories, bringing life-saving assistance in emergencies, building pathways to peace, stability and prosperity for people recovering from conflict, disasters and the impact of climate change and supporting sustainable and resilient livelihoods for a world with zero hunger.
At WFP, people are at the heart of everything we do and the vision of the future WFP workforce is one of diverse, committed, skilled, and high performing teams, selected on merit, operating in a healthy and inclusive work environment, living WFP's values (Integrity, Collaboration, Commitment, Humanity, and Inclusion) and working with partners to save and change the lives of those WFP serves.
To learn more about WFP, visit our website: https://www.wfp.org/ and follow us on social media to keep up with our latest news: YouTube, LinkedIn, Instagram, Facebook, Twitter.
WFP Cameroon is part of the Country Offices in the Regional Bureau for Central and West Africa (RBD) facing multiple humanitarian crises that simultaneously aggravate existing socio-economic vulnerabilities in the country. The fragile security situation in the Northern part of the Country, a protracted refugee operation in the East and crises in the Northwest and Southwest regions has left millions of people vulnerable to food insecurity. WFP provides a key emergency response component of the Humanitarian Response Plan through regular food and sustainable development assistance to part of the food insecure and vulnerable people in the country. With the launch of the second-generation strategic plan, it is imperative to obtain the optimum capacity of staff, partners and beneficiaries given the precarious humanitarian situation and importance of delivering efficient and quick support. This role further described below, will contribute to the World Food Programme's mission in Cameroon to Saving Lives, Changing Lives.
To support the delivery of efficient and effective IT and Telecommunications (TC) services, contributing to sound, innovative solutions that enable staff to deliver food assistance to beneficiaries, in line with WFP’s strategy.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES (not all-inclusive)
1. Support the budgeting, planning and deployment of IT and Telecommunications systems that are aligned with business needs, in accordance with WFP corporate standards.
2. Provide support to maintain IT and Telecommunications systems and networks, ensuring appropriate data security and access controls considering both local and wide area network issues; and supporting users to get maximum benefits from them.
3. Install and configure new computer hardware for improving and upgrading system performance; support any technology upgrades as required.
4. Provide data and documentation to support the procurement of TC/IT equipment and services at and in line with WFP rules and regulations.
5. Collate data and contribute to the preparation of accurate reports on IT/TC investments and costs, providing information to inform decision-making by stakeholders.
6. Develop technical skills and knowledge, and build awareness of industry developments.
7. Respond to queries from users, understanding and resolving issues, providing advice and ensuring IT policies, procedures, systems and tools are correctly applied to support them.
8. Guide junior staff, acting as a point of referral and supporting them with analysis and queries.
9. Support the capability building of staff through the organisation and/or review of training programs aimed at developing skills/knowledge in IT and TC.
10. Coordinate with other UN agencies in order to network, align activities and support possibilities of inter-agency collaboration in the field of IT and Telecommunications.
11. Interact effectively with colleagues and user groups to understand their needs and provide appropriate technical support.
12. Follow standard emergency preparedness and contingency planning practices to ensure WFP is able to maintain basic IT services and/or quickly respond and deploy resources to affected areas at the onset of a crisis.
13. Follow operational plans and deliver resource requirements at the onset of an emergency.
14. Other as required.
STANDARD MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
- Advanced university degree in Computer Science or other relevant field, or First University degree with additional years of related work experience or trainings/courses.
- At least one (1) year of postgraduate experience in a relevant field of work, with a background and interest in international humanitarian development.
- Fluency (level C) in English or French language (written and oral).
- Intermediate knowledge (level B) of a second official UN language: English/French. (Other WFP working language) would be an asset.
WFP LEADERSHIP FRAMEWORK
|Leads by Example with Integrity||Drives Results and Delivers on Commitments||Fosters Inclusive and Collaborative Teamwork||Applies Strategic Thinking||Builds and Maintains Sustainable Partnerships|
|Lives the WFP values and shows humanity and integrity by role modelling care for others||Delivers on commitments and adapts readily to change||Is inclusive and collaborative, and contributes to a culture of learning and personal growth||Demonstrates commitment to gather perspectives, analyse options and risks, and propose new ways of doing things||Builds and nurtures external partnerships and collaborates with partners to deliver common objectives|
|Capability Name||Description of the behaviour expected for the proficiency level|
|Governance, Strategy and Architecture||Shares knowledge of IT governance process and system architecture development with team and analyses current designs for improvements and enhancements while ensuring compliance with legislation and specifies any required changes.|
|Change Implementation, Project Management, Planning and Optimization||Utilises working knowledge of project and change management approaches to collect and analyse relevant data from multiple stakeholders to develop evidence-based business case for change.|
|Technical Expertise||Exhibits deep technical knowledge in area of expertise and actively transfers knowledge to strengthen the skill base across the function; considers the most appropriate use of technical resources to ensure skill development and optimization of resource allocation.|
|Service Management||Monitors and supervises maintenance and installation work against the established standards and protocols for service excellence and takes proper actions to correct inconsistencies and improve overall quality and customer satisfaction. Ensures that operational problems are identified and resolved.|
|Client Management||Applies thorough understanding of the business, customers, new IT technologies and techniques to implement improved solutions and define service levels, standards and the monitoring process for client service staff.|
|Procurement and Contract Management||Able to conduct a cost-benefit analysis of alternative technologies and vendor service level agreements to consolidate options and assess suitability.|
DESIRED EXPERIENCES FOR ENTRY INTO THE ROLE
• Has assisted in the design and implementation of ITIL service management systems for handling customer requests.
• Has performed user support activities resulting in timely, high-quality delivery of services to user community, including the emergency operations user community.
• Has assisted with the specification, development, research and evaluation of client standards.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- Contract Type : Fixed Term - FT
- Unit : TEC
- Duty Station : Yaoundé; Cameroon
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS
Application Deadline: Wednesday, 31st May 2023 (11:59 PM UTC+1)
WFP has a zero-tolerance approach to conduct such as fraud, sexual exploitation and abuse, sexual harassment, abuse of authority and discrimination. All selected candidates will be expected to adhere to WFP’s standards of conduct and will therefore undergo rigorous background verification internally or through third parties. Selected candidates will also be required to provide additional information as part of the verification exercise. Misrepresentation of information provided during the recruitment process may lead to disqualification or termination of employment
WFP will not request payment at any stage of the recruitment process including at the offer stage. Any requests for payment should be refused and reported to local law enforcement authorities for appropriate action.
Something looks off?