Senior Programme Associate G7 - Garoua-Boulai (Re-advertised)
World Food Programme
WFP celebrates and embraces diversity. It is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all its employees and encourages qualified candidates to apply irrespective of race, colour, national origin, ethnic or social background, genetic information, gender, gender identity and/or expression, sexual orientation, religion or belief, HIV status or disability.
WHO WE ARE
The United Nations World Food Programme (WFP), a highly prestigious, reputable & world’s largest humanitarian organization, operating in more than 120 countries and territories, bringing life-saving assistance in emergencies, building pathways to peace, stability and prosperity for people recovering from conflict, disasters and the impact of climate change and supporting sustainable and resilient livelihoods for a world with zero hunger.
At WFP, people are at the heart of everything we do and the vision of the future WFP workforce is one of diverse, committed, skilled, and high performing teams, selected on merit, operating in a healthy and inclusive work environment, living WFP's values (Integrity, Collaboration, Commitment, Humanity, and Inclusion) and working with partners to save and change the lives of those WFP serves.
To learn more about WFP, visit our website: https://www.wfp.org/ and follow us on social media to keep up with our latest news: YouTube, LinkedIn, Instagram, Facebook, Twitter.
WFP Cameroon is part of the Country Offices in the Regional Bureau for Central and West Africa (RBD) facing multiple humanitarian crises that simultaneously aggravate existing socio-economic vulnerabilities in the country. The fragile security situation in the Northern part of the Country, a protracted refugee operation in the East and crises in the Northwest and Southwest regions has left millions of people vulnerable to food insecurity. WFP provides a key emergency response component of the Humanitarian Response Plan through regular food and sustainable development assistance to part of the food insecure and vulnerable people in the country. With the launch of the second-generation strategic plan, it is imperative to obtain the optimum capacity of staff, partners and beneficiaries given the precarious humanitarian situation and importance of delivering efficient and quick support. This role further described below, will contribute to the World Food Programme's mission in Cameroon to Saving Lives, Changing Lives
To provide effective coordination and specialized support to a full range of policy and programme activities that effectively meet food assistance needs.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES (not all-inclusive)
1. Provide specialized expertise and contribute towards the development of project activities, plans and processes within the specific technical area of work ensuring alignment with wider programme policies and guidelines.
2. Provide efficient coordination and specialized project management support to a range of specific and/or defined programmes to ensure that the various activities are performed within the established targets following WFP’s policies and procedures.
3. Within the specific area of responsibility, prepare a variety of elaborated reports and substantial data analysis (e.g. food assistance needs, resource utilization, programme status, performance) and make recommendations to supervisors, ensuring deliverables adhere to corporate standards and quality control.
4. Lead and ensure accurate, timely recording of data within the specific technical area of work (e.g. assistance programmes, food security and vulnerability assessments) and consistency of information presented to stakeholders.
5. Coordinate and liaise with internal counterparts on a range of complex matters to enable effective collaboration, implementation and monitoring of ongoing project activities.
6. Foster relationships and support partnership-building with local partners, agencies, NGOs and government institutions to perform accurate food security analyses and to ensure efficient delivery of food assistance.
7. Support the capacity building of WFP staff, cooperating partners and national government within a specific technical area.
8. Act as an escalation point for complex query resolution on all matters within the area of responsibility.
9. Manage a team of support staff, providing advice, guidance and training, to ensure individual and team objectives are delivered to agreed standards and deadlines.
10. Follow standard emergency preparedness practices to ensure WFP is able to quickly respond and deploy needed resources to affected areas at the onset of the crisis.
STANDARD MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
- Completion of secondary school education. A post-secondary certificate in the related functional area.
- At least seven (7) years of experience in a relevant field of work, with a background and interest in international humanitarian development.
- Fluency (level C) in English or French language (written and oral).
- Intermediate knowledge (level B) of a second official UN language: English/French. (Other WFP working language) would be an asset.
WFP LEADERSHIP FRAMEWORK
|Leads by Example with Integrity||Drives Results and Delivers on Commitments||Fosters Inclusive and Collaborative Teamwork||Applies Strategic Thinking||Builds and Maintains Sustainable Partnerships|
|Lives the WFP values and shows humanity and integrity by role modelling care for others|| |
|Demonstrates commitment to gather perspectives, analyse options and risks, and propose new ways of doing things||Builds and nurtures external partnerships and collaborates with partners to deliver common objectives|
|Capability Name||Description of the behaviour expected for the proficiency level|
|Programme Lifecycle & Food Assistance||Demonstrates ability to identify key variables and contextual factors that affect food assistance problems and programmes throughout the lifecycle to inform quality programme design or re-design.|
|Transfer Modalities (Food, Cash, Vouchers)||Demonstrates ability to analyse and consolidate quantitative and qualitative information from different sources (e.g., market studies) to inform transfer modality selection and programme development.|
|Broad Knowledge of Specialized Areas||Demonstrates the ability to interpret basic data in the context of WFP specialised fields to contribute to technical programme design, implementation and monitoring.|
|Emergency Programming||Displays capacity to provide inputs into the development, implementation and realignment of high quality emergency programmes.|
|Strategic Policy Engagement w/Government||Understands and applies basic principles of engagement with government counterparts at the national or local level.|
DESIRED EXPERIENCES FOR ENTRY INTO THE ROLE
• Has participated in implementing technical programs (i.e. nutrition, etc.).
• Has implemented programmes with increased level of responsibility.
• Has provided input to policy discussions.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- Contract Type : Fixed Term -FT
- Unit : Programme
- Duty Station : Garoua-Boulai; Cameroon
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS
Application Deadline: Wednesday, 31st May 2023 (11:59 PM UTC+1)
WFP has a zero-tolerance approach to conduct such as fraud, sexual exploitation and abuse, sexual harassment, abuse of authority and discrimination. All selected candidates will be expected to adhere to WFP’s standards of conduct and will therefore undergo rigorous background verification internally or through third parties. Selected candidates will also be required to provide additional information as part of the verification exercise. Misrepresentation of information provided during the recruitment process may lead to disqualification or termination of employment
WFP will not request payment at any stage of the recruitment process including at the offer stage. Any requests for payment should be refused and reported to local law enforcement authorities for appropriate action.
Something looks off?