Programme Policy Officer (General Food Distribution) FT NOA, Cox's Bazar
World Food Programme
WFP encourages female candidates and people with disabilities to apply.
WFP seeks candidates of the highest integrity and professionalism who share our humanitarian principles. Selection of staff is made on a competitive basis. We are committed to promoting diversity and the principle of equal employment opportunity for all our employees and encourages qualified candidates to apply irrespective of religion or belief, ethnic or social background, gender, gender identity and disability.
JOB RELATED KEY INFORMATION:
Job Title: Programme Policy Officer (General Food Distribution) FT NOA, Cox's Bazar
Type of contract: Fixed Term
Duration: 12 months
Duty Station: Cox’s Bazar
Vacancy Number: 827265
Date of Publication: 18 May 2023
Deadline of Application: 31 May 2023
This vacancy announcement is for Nationals from Bangladesh.
Terms and Conditions:
WFP offers a competitive benefits package including salary, pension, leave plus a medical insurance.
To provide support to policy and programme activities that effectively meet food assistance needs.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES (not all-inclusive)
- Contribute towards the development of a limited number of projects, plans and processes, ensuring alignment with wider programme policies and guidance.
- Provide project management support to specific and defined programmes and projects of small to moderate size that are relatively straight forward in nature, ensuring a coordinated approach with wider programmes that complies with WFP standards and procedures.
- Follow data gathering and monitoring systems ensuring that rigorous quality standards are maintained.
- Research and analyse policy and operational issues to support senior colleagues in the development of policies, programmes and activities.
- Contribute to the preparation of accurate and timely reporting on programmes and activities that enable informed decision making and consistency of information presented to stakeholders.
- Liaise with internal counterparts to ensure effective collaboration, monitor ongoing projects.
- Support the identification, development and management of potential partnerships to collaborative working leading to improved food assistance packages.
- Support the capacity building of WFP staff, partners and national government to prepare for and respond to food assistance needs, e.g. through project management support of learning initiatives.
- Provide guidance to support staff, acting as a point of referral and assisting them with analysis and queries.
- Other as required.
STANDARD MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
Education: Advanced University degree in International Affairs, Economics, Nutrition/Health, Agriculture, Environmental Science, Social Sciences or other field relevant to international development assistance.
WORK EXPERIENCE: Minimum 5 years of experience with a minimum 3 years of professional experience in decision-making, and supervisory role for General Food Distribution or any other relevant programme .
LANGUAGE: Proficiency in both oral and written communication skills in English
All WFP Employees are expected to demonstrate the competencies and standards of behaviour aligned with our core values and defined in the WFP LEADERSHIP FRAMEWORK, namely:
Leading by example with integrity,
Driving results and delivering on commitments,
Fostering inclusive and collaborative teamwork,
Applying strategic thinking,
Building and maintaining sustainable partnerships.
HOW TO APPLY:
To be considered, interested candidates are invited to apply via (https://www.wfp.org/careers/job-openings). Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
WFP will not request payment at any stage of the recruitment process including at the offer stage. Any requests for payment should be refused and reported to local law enforcement authorities for appropriate action.
Request for Disability related Reasonable Accommodations:
It is important to WFP to create an accessible and inclusive workplace for everyone. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform essential job functions. If you require reasonable accommodation in completing this application, interviewing, completing any pre-employment testing, or otherwise participating in the selection and hiring process, please direct your request and inquiries to the Diversity and Inclusion team on: firstname.lastname@example.org, cc’ing email@example.com. A member of the reasonable accommodation team will contact you to confidentially discuss your needs.
This email is only to be used for any disability related accessibility requirements, and not for sending the application itself. Due to volume of applications, any applications or CVs sent through this email address will not be considered as a formal application and will not receive a reply from WFP.
The United Nations World Food Programme (WFP) is the world’s largest humanitarian organization, humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide. The mission of WFP is to help the world achieve Zero Hunger in our lifetimes. Every day, WFP works worldwide to ensure that no child goes to bed hungry and that the poorest and most vulnerable, particularly women and children, can access the nutritious food they need.
The United Nations World Food Programme is the world's largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide. The mission of WFP is to help the world achieve Zero Hunger in our lifetimes. The country strategic plan is aligned with the United Nations sustainable development cooperation framework for Bangladesh for 2022‒2026 and the eighth five-year plan (covering the period July 2020‒June 2025) of the Government of Bangladesh. It is informed by the recommendations of an independent evaluation of the country strategic plan for 2017–2021 and consultation with key stakeholders. It will contribute to Sustainable Development Goals 2 and 17 through four strategic outcomes.
WFP is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce. WFP has zero tolerance for sexual exploitation and abuse, any kind of harassment, including sexual harassment, abuse of authority or discrimination. All selected candidates will, undergo rigorous reference and background checks.
No appointment under any kind of contract will be offered to members of the UN Advisory Committee on Administrative and Budgetary Questions (ACABQ), International Civil Service Commission (ICSC), FAO Finance Committee, WFP External Auditor, WFP Audit Committee, Joint Inspection Unit (JIU) and other similar bodies within the United Nations system with oversight responsibilities over WFP, both during their service and within three years of ceasing that service.
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS
31 May 2023
Something looks off?